Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

North West Regional Discussion 3 June 2020 onwards

Just had a look at the rain radar. Not often you see the ENTIRE country covered in blue and green! 😮 It’s not just us the whole country is getting a deluge!

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 2
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice and fresh on the tops with snow becoming powdery & forming a glaze layer. -2C at present.

About 2 inches now.. Never expected this. 

Looks like someone was looking for an argument in here (and in other parts of the forum as it goes), those posts have been removed now, so please refresh the screen if you still see them. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Rush2112 said:

I've just eaten the Terrys chocolate orange l was going to have after my tea.

I love Terry's chocolate orange! 🍊Just looked at my shelf and there is an empty box of chocolate orange. I will have to get some more but don’t fancy venturing out to the shop in this weather.

• Like 2

Cumberland sauce glazed ham with thick cut chips, fried eggs and peas for tea 

dark dank and damp outside not bothering venturing out... not that chilly but instead of heating on lighting woodburner for the third time this week

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 4
35 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

The other half is making curried chicken samosas & pasties... evening nibbles 😋 

Not sure what to make might do lamb casserole or takeaway 😂 

Edited by itsnowjoke
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Just had a look at the rain radar. Not often you see the ENTIRE country covered in blue and green! 😮 It’s not just us the whole country is getting a deluge!

It's about time the South and Southeast got it worse than us.

A rainy day here but nothing particularly out of the ordinary.

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, ManiaMuse said:

It's about time the South and Southeast got it worse than us.

A rainy day here but nothing particularly out of the ordinary.

We did get a little Gtr Mcr shadow effect earlier on, which shields us a little from the worst of the rain as it creeps up over the eastern hills, and it then intensifies west of GM...

gm.thumb.png.0a643b88bfce26954f4511707a19ef59.png

but it has pepped up considerably since then and now set in for some persistently moderate if not heavy rain.

Edited by dodge
  • Like 3

Dog has fallen out with me because he won’t go out in the rain and he wants to go for a walk but won’t and somehow it’s my fault. Mrs stood at the window face like thunder because of the rain .... I will let her in a minute bless her 

Edited by itsnowjoke
  • Like 3

Impressively persistent rain here all day, but nothing especially heavy. If say we've had 20mm or so in total.

• Like 2

another pep up of the rain moving in from the east, a soggy night ahead, thankfully a little drier tomorrow.  I want those T20 matches to be completed and with any luck a Lancashire win. 🏏

• Like 3

56.8 mm of rain in the last 24 hours here. That is a lot for my location which is often under the influence  of rain shadows.

Can we have this setup again  in 3 months time after a few days under Arctic Maritime air please.

Edited by Chris.R
  • Like 4

After a damp start, it brightened up at lunchtime here in S Cheshire, and although it has clouded over now, there are no obvious signs of any further rain, thank goodness. From what I saw of the forecast, we seem to be in the middle (the 'eye') of the low pressure which caused yesterday's persistent rain, and the main rain belt has moved west over Ireland and down into the South West of England. Or at least I hope it has!

• Like 4
5 hours ago, A Face like Thunder said:

After a damp start, it brightened up at lunchtime here in S Cheshire, and although it has clouded over now, there are no obvious signs of any further rain, thank goodness. From what I saw of the forecast, we seem to be in the middle (the 'eye') of the low pressure which caused yesterday's persistent rain, and the main rain belt has moved west over Ireland and down into the South West of England. Or at least I hope it has!

The LP is forecast to be around until Wednesday thankfully though its only going to produce showers and not the vile washout like on Saturday.

C.S

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

The LP is forecast to be around until Wednesday thankfully though its only going to produce showers and not the vile washout like on Saturday.

C.S

looks like washout here tomorrow, looks like I'll be right under a streamer, dreaded NW'ly flow

• Like 2