• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another great sunset this evening

Lovely sunset

Thats the best thunderstorm ive ever witnessed, by some distance aswell! Constant thunder, flashes every 2 seconds with some nice cg strikes and some monsoon like rain, for about 90 minutes! Absolutel

Posted Images

Superb day, don't get much better, virtually no wind, sunshine dawn until dusk, not a cloud in the sky, and temps peaking at 19 degrees. Excellent weather for doing anything outdoors, especially walking the fells, pity had to spend much of the day indoors.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Lovely day today here. Was sat in the garden sunbathing for a couple of hours, surprising how much strength the Sun still has around solar noon and how warm it feels when you’ve been sat in the sun for awhile. Looks nice for the next few days as well.

Yes, got about a couple of weeks left before the noon sun begins to significantly wane in power.. in a month's time, it has the same strength as it does in mid-late February.

• Like 1

Been an unbelievable week or so here,looking forward to 2-3 more days of sunshine and good temps(20c) before the autumn kicks in .Just a shame that the days are so much shorter , by 5:30pm it's time to go indoors😒

• Like 1

Not a bad weekend on offer and certainly a bonus for this time of year but up here in the hills we have got a strong easterly breeze blowing which I imagine will really take the edge of any warmth in the sun.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, iand61 said:

Not a bad weekend on offer and certainly a bonus for this time of year but up here in the hills we have got a strong easterly breeze blowing which I imagine will really take the edge of any warmth in the sun.

The breeze on the coast here was chilly as well while I was out on my bike, was wishing I'd gone out with my fleece on, sun was nice where it was sheltered from wind though

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, SnowThunder said:

The breeze on the coast here was chilly as well while I was out on my bike, was wishing I'd gone out with my fleece on, sun was nice where it was sheltered from wind though

Yeah it was a nice day with unbroken sunshine from mid morning but the fence panel rattling wind stopped it being an outstanding one.

another decent one tomorrow and hopefully on Monday but then mini lockdown and crap weather both kick in on Tuesday.

• Like 2

Been another glorious day here with max temps at around 21c ,although I've been inside watching the mighty EFC,but hopefully tomorrow will be a good one

• Like 1

We generally do quite well (weather wise) as a region when ever the winds don't come in from the west/north west...that's why it's another glorious day today...once the morning chill as gone out of the air it's a day for being outdoors and making the most of it until...yes you've guessed it... we get the early invite to mid next week's weather from the 'WEST'

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Certainly looking like a case of making the most of the next couple of days before we get thrown into weather not out of place in November.

Yeah the weather and lockdown are both aligning perfectly to spoil my two weeks holiday starting on Friday.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Some rain likely overnight. Can't remember when it last rained properly.

Yes can't remember last proper dose of rain we had, probably Friday 11th. 

• Like 1

Well it's certainly not been a washout over the last couple of days in this part of the region. A bit of drizzly rain yesterday and last night but today has been pretty decent so far.

18 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

A bright start here in South cheshire but temperature struggling at only 9c with a nagging cold breeze just taken the dog out and out of the sun it certainly felt on the cold side.

C.S

I'm still going for those blizzards at Christmas! 😆

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Absolutely no science involved here but I am going for a front loaded winter with a cold end to November before a very cold December very similar to 2010.

C.S

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Day 10 said:

Full blown blizzards and a full blown lockdown.

i can picture it now, snow piled up on roads empty of cars and long lines of shivering folk outside supermarkets empty of essential items and bumbling Boris still insisting that the crisis is all to the people not following his ever changing messages.

will it happen, Christmas will probably be mild, wet and windy but as for the other two, I think there’s a damn good chance.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, cheshire snow said:

Absolutely no science involved here but I am going for a front loaded winter with a cold end to November before a very cold December very similar to 2010.

C.S

BANK! 👍

• Like 2
1 hour ago, iand61 said:

Full blown blizzards and a full blown lockdown.

i can picture it now, snow piled up on roads empty of cars and long lines of shivering folk outside supermarkets empty of essential items and bumbling Boris still insisting that the crisis is all to the people not following his ever changing messages.

will it happen, Christmas will probably be mild, wet and windy but as for the other two, I think there’s a damn good chance.

No toilet roll left around here AGAIN! WTF!

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

No toilet roll left around here AGAIN! WTF!

Must admit we’re down to our last 30 x 6 roll packs now although at least I can get in the spare room now😂

only kidding but we were pretty lucky having enough in to last when the shelves were raided by folk with a weird type of siege mentality.

you’d have thought that that type behaviour would have been binned along with the countless tons of out of date food but he ho, some people never change.

• Like 2