North West Regional Discussion 3 June 2020 onwards

After a two hour deluge it’s stopped raining here.

what the final rainfall figure was, I don’t know but we’ve emptied a large mop bucket six times with water that flooded into the conservatory so if someone needs a bit of water, it’s free to anyone who wants to collect it from the Irwell.

should be well on it’s way towards Bury by now.

• Like 2
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another great sunset this evening

Lovely sunset

We didnt get overhead storms.. they continually died before they got here due to a lack of energy here. However it's a good job I have a top floor with a good view.. I managed to catch some lightning.

Posted Images

BBC NW News reports serious flooding in Milnrow and Rochdale, the collapse of an ASDA roof and problems on the M60 and M62. Here in South Cheshire, we have thundery activity moving towards us from the South or South East and it is very warm and still. 

• Like 1

5 minute shower and a few rumbles of thunder thats all we ha had in 3 days! shame but on the plus side no flooding.

• Like 1

This year really has been dire for anything interesting weather wise. Yet again missing any thunderstorms. Although have to say I wouldn't wish the flooding on anyone.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, wrightc23 said:

Near constant thunder and lightening every few seconds here along with torrential rain.

I can hear it from here, almost constant thunder from my SW.

• Like 1

A decent storm here over the past hour or so. Decent amount of lightning as well. Not as good as Saturdays offering, but still decent. That's three storms in three days here so far with similar potential for more over the next few days.

• Like 1

All kicking off the area around Manchester airport and Altrincham - I bet the motorway links roads are getting deluged. 

• Like 2

The edge of the Cheshire cell is over me and it's swirling around in a very ominous fashion. Definitely some rotation going on.

• Like 3

Lightning every three to four seconds

• Like 2

Looking at the radar that is one intense storm to the w/sw of Manchester. Not heading here unfortunately. Another chance tomorrow though. Kevin looks well placed right now.

• Like 1
Just now, Frost HoIIow said:

Looking at the radar that is one intense storm to the w/sw of Manchester. Not heading here unfortunately. Another chance tomorrow though. Kevin looks well placed right now.

We have been really unlucky!! 

• Like 1
Just now, jam2010 said:

We have been really unlucky!! 

Got the absolute motherload moving in here lots of rotation!

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, gregior said:

Got the absolute motherload moving in here lots of rotation!

Just got really windy here near Middleton hopefully we will get something ha.

• Like 1

Jealous I didn't get in the action of that beast. Although I did get a good storm yesterday. Hope everyone is enjoying the storms as we always seem to miss them.

but in the meantime I'm enjoying some interesting skies coupled with the start of the sunset. 

IMG_20200615_210226.jpg

• Like 3

A couple of heavy downpours here but nothing especially heavy or long lasting, nor thundery. Heard a few distant rumbles. The showers have banded in lines today, some places have got lucky and escaped, others a persistant deluge. Also marked difference, east of Pennines, dry.

Tomorrow could bring widespread long lasting heavy downpours anywhere.

• Like 1