• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another great sunset this evening

Lovely sunset

Timelapse of Wigan cell taking off. Starts about 2.40 into video, also at 1.45, the way the cloud took off as well  

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Snow free zone said:

looking at the current radar images its groundhog day x 3 here

And here

Bucketing down here, with thunder from all directions. Nice.

43 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Rumbles of thunder to my south west ...

Partly cloudy skies locally and the sun in and out..

Feels warm in the sun..

Storm are developing over our heads and to the south. Hoping the additonal heat helps generate them over us before they sail away west

• Like 1

Can hear thunder but we have been in the middle of the 2 lines, been nice to hear but strange hearing it while the suns out! 

We seem to be in between bands here. Looks like we're escaping the storms just like yesterday. Most of the action to the north and west.

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 1

We've had a line of thunderstorms just to the south of Manchester and now a line cropping up to the north (Heywood, Rochdale area) which is not far from me, but nothing here in Oldham.  The rain has been strange as well... very large drops but spaced out only lasting brief moments of time.  Teasing....so near, yet so far.

M602 past Eccles is partly flooded, and under the railway bridge in Stretford. That area had it very heavy for a good half hour, much more than here. I've got 15-20mm in open containers in the garden, that fell in less than 30 minutes.

I can believe localised flooding looking at some of the dark colours on the radar... finally hearing a few distant rumbles now...something brewing up to my south east.

I think the absence of high buildings and city environment, plus lack of hills, is doing it for this part of Cheshire this afternoon, with blue skies (still) and any cloud buildup away to the north east towards Manchester. Now, if I get my bike out for a ride, what do you think will happen?! 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Another cell popping up around Wilmslow?

Can't see that one, view obscured by low level grey cloud. Got my ears open though.

13 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

I think the absence of high buildings and city environment, plus lack of hills, is doing it for this part of Cheshire this afternoon, with blue skies (still) and any cloud buildup away to the north east towards Manchester. Now, if I get my bike out for a ride, what do you think will happen?! 

Are you thinking it's going to thunder?  If so, can you ride like a bat out of hell towards Macclesfield please. LOL