Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 3 June 2020 onwards

damianslaw

Posted

Thankfully the rain forecast for yesterday didn't materialise, which was good for the Cricket at Old Trafford.  Biblical showers cropped up just to the south, midlands and east.  Not too bad a day today, but I don't think the woefully wet forecast for Monday will be too far wrong.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Had some torrential rain last night.  Cloudy and breezy this morning but suns coming out now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Still a bit out of the reliable but Friday at this stage looking very warm across the south of the region with temps easily into the mid 20s. I think most parts of the region will go past the 20C mark though. Probably the first widespread warm day this month on the last day.

• Like 2

Posted
50 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Still a bit out of the reliable but Friday at this stage looking very warm across the south of the region with temps easily into the mid 20s. I think most parts of the region will go past the 20C mark though. Probably the first widespread warm day this month on the last day.

The beeb has me down for 22C on Thursday and 26C on Friday. With a south easterly wind which nearly always delivers for warmth/heat here.

og-image.png
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

14-day weather forecast for BB8.

• Like 2

Posted

Fantastic week in Wales ending today with a nice hike up the Great Orme. I have hiked up here so many times over the years and it still feels as good as the first time. The views on the western side are breathtaking!

20200726_131906.jpg

20200726_132551.jpg

20200726_131709.jpg

20200726_131604.jpg

20200726_130757.jpg

20200726_121744.jpg

Edited by karyo
  • Like 3

Posted

Cloudy with sunny intervals and occasional showers. Temp 18. Pretty standard summer day really.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
1 hour ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Cloudy with sunny intervals and occasional showers. Temp 18. Pretty standard summer day really.

Thankfully we missed out on most of the showers today, and for that matter yesterday as well but a bit of a streamer has set up over the last hour with our name on it.

tomorrow looking a complete washout for most of the region before hopefully a long awaited return to something a bit more like summer should be.

I’m not getting to excited just yet though as the last couple of months have been a constant reminder that once the crap weather sets in, it takes some shifting and I can’t see this upcoming attempt at something more settled lasting more than a few days at best.

• Like 1

Posted

A moan from me, nil sunshine today in what may be one of the dullest July's ever.

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Looking like a one day wonder in regards to any heat this week with Friday the day temperatures reach around the 27c.Saturday looks dry but temperatures dipping back to around the 21c mark no point looking further ahead but it's not looking great.i am just hopping Borris doesn't put a travel ban on Greece holiday all booked for Kos on the 23rd August for some proper sun and heat.

C.S

• Like 2

Posted

Absolutely hammering it down now. A strong gusty wind as well and feeling quite humid but also cool at the same time.

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Well it’s been dry and even a bit brighter for the last couple of hours but apart from that, it’s been as bad as any mid summers day I can remember, and I’m old enough to remember some bad ones.

Anyway roll on the end of this weeks 3 day drought and Fridays 24 hour heatwave.

• Like 2

Posted

Looking like an upgrade of sorts for Friday. Temps possibly hitting 28C or thereabouts across the south of the region maybe a bit higher than that. These 20C uppers certainly seem to get further north more often these days. Climate change? Think after August 2003 we had to wait until 2015 around the hottest day ever at Wimbledon & then last July until the next times.

ECM0-96.thumb.gif.2701c5fae0dc3e1d881c4eb78479dead.gif

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 2

Posted

Another woeful day for July here, the morning in particular downright miserable, heavy persistant rain and low cloud. It dried up in the afternoon and there were bursts of sunshine early evening, but not enough to salvage the day. 

• Like 1

Posted

SW corner of the Bowland Fells at 167m.

Daily rainfall observations here for Met Office / EA since 1968. Same site, same kit.

Just beaten the July rainfall record. This morning's collection of 13.5 mm for previous 24hrs brings July total so far to 256.4 mm.

Previous record was July 2007 with 252.2 mm.

And all this on top of June's high total of 194.5 mm.

Farms, gardens, wildlife suffering.

2020 total so far 1085.6 mm – despite the very dry April and May.

Long term annual average 1481.1 mm.

Max annual was 1984.0 mm in 2012.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Jesus. This is the worst summer I can ever remember. What’s worse, we look forward to June and July for 10 months. Only for it to turn out like this. 

The UK has become an abysmal place to be in terms of weather the past few years. Unless you live in cornwall, they’ve had a good summer. 

Posted
10 hours ago, Backtrack said:

Jesus. This is the worst summer I can ever remember. What’s worse, we look forward to June and July for 10 months. Only for it to turn out like this. 

The UK has become an abysmal place to be in terms of weather the past few years. Unless you live in cornwall, they’ve had a good summer. 

We've got a good day hopefully coming up on Friday to go with the other good days so far this summer which you can count on one hand.

• Like 1

Posted
11 hours ago, Backtrack said:

You’re wrong Cornwall’s June was very dull and wet. July much better but temps have been very poor often 17-18C at best... 20C days a rarity.

• Like 3

Posted
11 hours ago, Backtrack said:

My nephew lives in Truro and says it's often raining. I think anywhere in the west is prone to more unsettled weather. On average the best places for sun & warmth are London, Essex, Sussex, Kent, East Anglia. Basically the SE corner.

• Like 3

Posted
55 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

My nephew lives in Truro and says it's often raining. I think anywhere in the west is prone to more unsettled weather. On average the best places for sun & warmth are London, Essex, Sussex, Kent, East Anglia. Basically the SE corner.

Yes it’s true it’s very dry these parts like a desert compared to NW England. One poster mentioned there’s not much difference between SE England and NW England in summer there really is imo, and the stats strongly reaffirm that this summer where none of us have had a good summer. But even more disappointing summer weather is considered decent for large parts of country. My lowest max temp this July is 19.0C and my lowest min is 10.2C.

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.
17 hours ago, Daniel* said:

You’re wrong Cornwall’s June was very dull and wet. July much better but temps have been very poor often 17-18C at best... 20C days a rarity.

I have people from the far south, hayle & St. Ives on snapchat. They’ve had loads of good days this summer. They’re always on the beach or swimming 

20C in cornwall with the sun fees like 30C here. Their sun is so strong. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

27.7c at 1600hrs tomorrow looks a cracker @Backtrack

C.S

Posted

A short burst of heat tomorrow before it get's quickly moved on by fresher air. But tentative signs of further proper warmth towards the end of the coming week. But still far off to be of absolute certainty. Could August make up for the poor Summer so far?

• Like 1

Posted
On 27/07/2020 at 20:39, Frost HoIIow said:

Looking like an upgrade of sorts for Friday. Temps possibly hitting 28C or thereabouts across the south of the region maybe a bit higher than that. These 20C uppers certainly seem to get further north more often these days. Climate change? Think after August 2003 we had to wait until 2015 around the hottest day ever at Wimbledon & then last July until the next times.

ECM0-96.thumb.gif.2701c5fae0dc3e1d881c4eb78479dead.gif

We probably won’t have to wait too much longer until 40°C is recorded in the south east of the UK.