Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

North West Regional Discussion 3 June 2020 onwards

Posted

UK Radar appearing like a smorgasbord of unrulyness at the moment, with a messy arrangement of showers and patches of rain scattered about all over the place.  The low pressure is dominating the scene for the next few days.  That said we've only had light rain on and off here today and quite lucky to not get any of the beefier showers mainly brewing out to the west.  

Edited by dodge
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 3.7k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice and fresh on the tops with snow becoming powdery & forming a glaze layer. -2C at present.

Looks like someone was looking for an argument in here (and in other parts of the forum as it goes), those posts have been removed now, so please refresh the screen if you still see them. 

About 2 inches now.. Never expected this. 

Posted Images

Posted

Rain has arrived in the last half-hour here in South Cheshire and looks as though it might stick for a while, judging by the cloud base. Strangely perhaps the barometer has remained steady at 30.1, or 1020, and the predicted wind has not yet arrived.

Posted

Still not much rain at all here. Will be out watering the pots again tonight. May catch a shower on saturday by the looks of it, but standard fayre for here up to now from an easterly flow. 

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and/or snow in Winter.

Certainly a warmer outlook but by no means settled. Certainly nothing like we saw last month with those cloud free skies day after day. Looks like some interesting cloudscapes coming up. Strong June sun with instability into the mix means there could be some decent convection.

Edited by Frost HoIIow
    Posted

It's been quite sodden here with a conveyor belt of easterly driven showers easily making it over to this side of Pens...although intensity somewhat dampened by the hills to the east.  Wondering if we might scrape a thundery shower later tomorrow?  It'll be hit for some, a miss for others.

Edited by dodge
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

According to the met office App there are no storms forecast for today for south Cheshire only a 5% risk of PPN a high of 24c and sunny intervals forecast for today

C.S

Posted
    24 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

According to the met office App there are no storms forecast for today for south Cheshire only a 5% risk of PPN a high of 24c and sunny intervals forecast for today

C.S

I could be wrong but I think the terrain in this part of South Cheshire is too flat to support the build up of big thunderstorms. The biggest thunderstorm I've encountered in my 20 years here was on 19th June 2007, which was a storm which caused great damage in the Severn valley and then moved east, and I've seen a lot worse than that at our caravan close to the North Yorkshire Moors. I hope in a way that I may be 'eating my words (or hat!)' later in the day as I like to see Nature at its spectacular best, particularly when I'm indoors, but I have my doubts. We shall see!  

Posted

Very heavy rain earlier on this morning. Now just cloudy.

Confusing mixed messages today' forecasts - Met Office have a weather warning for heavy thundery downpours this afternoon, BBC saying mostly dry - who to believe?

Posted
    8 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Very heavy rain earlier on this morning. Now just cloudy.

Confusing mixed messages today' forecasts - Met Office have a weather warning for heavy thundery downpours this afternoon, BBC saying mostly dry - who to believe?

Fully agree, and our storm chasers seem to be similarly confused, see separate thread!

Posted

@A Face like Thunder

I have noticed particularly for this part of Cheshire we tend to get the Thunder but the Light show has been sadly lacking recently 

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sunny crisp frosty days & Thunderstorms

456243711_Screenshot_2020-06-13UKweatherwarnings.thumb.png.2e6bb47ea50952e09ba3077143519f75.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms and stormy weather

Decent heating going on here with plenty of sunshine so far today. Clouds bubbling up here and there.

Posted

BBC forecast on Thursday had thunderstorms in the south of the region this afternoon and more on Sunday. Now nothing but two days of sunny spells on the latest video forecast? But then Met Office put out a yellow warning?

Edited by Alexis
    Posted

Radar looks dead at the moment, a few bit and bobs bubbling up but very localised.  Cloud cover has increased this afternoon and less sunny spells than earlier.  Yellow warning goes out to 7pm, but some forecasts indicate a possibility of a thundery shower after this time into first part of the night.

Edited by dodge
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms and stormy weather

Dark skies to the SE of here. Ties in with a couple of showers that have popped up in that direction just East of Crewe. Hopefully they will electrify.

Posted

Some very dark clouds popping up, but only small cells in the scheme of things.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sunny crisp frosty days & Thunderstorms

Thunderstorms -The wait goes on, 5 years at least...... Maybe it'll snow this Winter instead ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

D8BCC01E-F503-426F-8B14-0CBA6A1662E0.thumb.png.8b5f48bf250d7a497ae23b6976b558ea.png

That looks tasty. 

Just slipping underneath me, standard. 

Posted

Very active T-Storm just passed overhead, no CG strikes seemed like it's all in cloud at high altitude, lot's of rain too

First storm of the year too

Edited by SnowThunder
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

It's been a long long time since we had a proper overhead storm here. They've gone left, right and just missed but last time we had a very decent storm.. (consider overhead strikes) was probably 2001 maybe 2003. Since then they've been close but no cigar .. as rare as a good snowfall if you will. It looks unfortunately to be a bit late in the day for storms here now so it looks like that trend will continue. Could do with a downpour still to be honest whether there is thunder or not

Edited by SP1986
    Posted

Fantastic  light and Thunder show going on here in South Cheshire along with torential hail and rain

C.S