• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another great sunset this evening

Lovely sunset

We didnt get overhead storms.. they continually died before they got here due to a lack of energy here. However it's a good job I have a top floor with a good view.. I managed to catch some lightning.

Posted Images

Rumbles of thunder & lightning here...testosterone induced rain drops starting to fall....surely places like saddleworth and west parts of pennines will be getting in on the act now...

• Like 4

Sky looks threatening enough. Edit Thunder and lightning ?

15924208365188007055231046228139.jpg

Edited by Shaun L
  • Like 1

Still nothing here,  some moderate rain, but nothing in terms of storms, though it is dark to the east.

That was a surprise, the west Wirral topography worked in our favour today, I could class that as an overhead storm I suppose, plus, looking southwest, I saw some rotation, that nearly dropped a funnel, but did not succeed in the end.

Looks like I have been unlucky and missed out on the action tonight. Had absolutely nothing here except a little bit of light rain/drizzle. Just overcast skies and 18 degrees.  Looking at the radar, the storms have moved just north of Manchester but not far north enough to be audible/visible from here unfortunately.  Oh well, Scotland and North East England haven’t had anything, so there’s that..

Edited by East Lancs Rain
19 minutes ago, SP1986 said:

That was a surprise, the west Wirral topography worked in our favour today, I could class that as an overhead storm I suppose, plus, looking southwest, I saw some rotation, that nearly dropped a funnel, but did not succeed in the end.

Looks quite well organised from this side of the Wirral. 

Overcast with light rain here and very still. Feels strange to wake up without the expectation of an afternoon/evening thunderstorm after the last few days! Hopefully there will be plenty more storm possibilities as summer wears on.

• Like 3

After a dry start the forecast showers have reached here, absolutely hammering it down at the moment.

3 hours ago, iand61 said:

After a dry start the forecast showers have reached here, absolutely hammering it down at the moment.

Yeah, passed through here a few hours ago, road was like a river! All quiet again. Looks like the real heat to return next week ? 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Day 10 said:

Yeah, passed through here a few hours ago, road was like a river! All quiet again. Looks like the real heat to return next week ? 

Looks like mid to high 20s for our region which is fine by me our friends in the SE are welcome to the 30+ temperatures 

C.S

• Like 2

Great to see clear skies this morning overhead to be watching the Summer Solstice Sunrise from a local monolith that stands on a hill behind the village, a few low-clouds hanging over Kinder Scout but they parted ways just in-time to see the sun rise above the landscape.

DSC_0070.thumb.JPG.2aecc3c399fc03cb885fa16744e79e01.JPG

• Like 2

A cloudy morning with mist shrouding the tops but it’s starting to clear a bit now with more and more sunshine breaking through.

just a shame about the breeze as it’s taking the edge of the temperature and giving a coolish feel to the day but after a couple of wet miserable days, it’s nice to get a bit of usable weather.