Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 3 June 2020 onwards

damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.
7 minutes ago, Kasim Awan said:

Looks like the warm layer is moving in.

So horrible that. The east ruining things. I’d expect it from the west, not the east. Shame there’s no cold pool..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

LOL

just popped in the MOD thread to see what's going on and surprise surprise its all about the front in the far south tomorrow strange how no posts pop up saying keep on topic

C.S

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Indeed thawing here very rapidly what are your views for our region going forward?

@CreweColdpleased you have a covering 

C.S

The whole pattern of fronts moving southwards in a cold airmass with light winds is a good set up for this region. So Thursday has decent potential esp for higher parts.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Backtrack said:

So horrible that. The east ruining things. I’d expect it from the west, not the east. Shame there’s no cold pool..

Too much of an onshore wind. This gets mixed out completely M6 East so no marginality there. There have been instances where in a E wind you do better than Manchester which gets shielding from the Pennines. So E wind is best for west of M6, W for East of M6 usually.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

D269561F-6872-47D2-8DC6-85A36592F55B.thumb.png.fdba72fc4ea75d3290b11ad635122410.png

If you have snow it should hang around. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.

3 inches of snow here on the paths and short grass in Audenshaw. Cloud starting to break up now. Happy with today. The models look good going forward as well so let's hope more people in our region get to join in on the snow who haven't had any yet

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Latest Euro 4 shows snow showers moving through the Cheshire gap overnight tonight and into first part of tomorrow affecting Southern parts of the region.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards in winter, heatwaves in summer :)

I will take this. Two decent falls so far this winter defo makes up for last winters dire showing.

snow-29.12.20.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

I have made a big mistake and look at the Meto forecast for Wednesday night and its showing snow from 22.00 until 1500 Thursday this is the next round of issue.

C.S

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Latest Euro 4 shows snow showers moving through the Cheshire gap overnight tonight and into first part of tomorrow affecting Southern parts of the region.

stop it mate this snow things getting boring now

C.S

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
1 minute ago, Dexter said:

Yes, on the localised charts I could find, those showers will likely be of hail an rain at the coast (ie, Merseyside and west Cheshire), but could result in more snow for areas like Sandbach and Crewe.. if the current snow persists on the ground today, then there could be even more for those regions. The Met-office typically show a 2-4mm/hr rate in the showers, and they probably won't be moving through too fast either.

• Like 3

Posted
10 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

LOL

just popped in the MOD thread to see what's going on and surprise surprise its all about the front in the far south tomorrow strange how no posts pop up saying keep on topic

C.S

It's constant micro analysing every model run for that one event at the moment in the mod thread. Turning into a Kent clipper at best by the looks of it lol! You can bet your bottom dollar that if we posted similarly regarding snow events in our region on a constant basis, posts would be deleted.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
11 minutes ago, Spah1 said:

D269561F-6872-47D2-8DC6-85A36592F55B.thumb.png.fdba72fc4ea75d3290b11ad635122410.png

If you have snow it should hang around. 

Hilarious, next joke please met?

• Like 1

Posted

Drizzle here now.

• Like 1

Posted

I'm guessing we want the front to move away to allow clear skies to allow things to cool down again? To preserve any snow cover there is.

Also just seen this is my village's Facebook Group... The TWO days I am away!!!!  Two decent snowfalls.

image.thumb.png.f1eb136915a2d695b9664653f263c7dd.png

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Radar has Buxton to Macc as the sweet spot Cat and Fiddle impassable?

Posted
4 minutes ago, captaincroc said:

I'm guessing we want the front to move away to allow clear skies to allow things to cool down again? To preserve any snow cover there is.

Also just seen this is my village's Facebook Group... The TWO days I am away!!!!  Two decent snowfalls.

image.thumb.png.f1eb136915a2d695b9664653f263c7dd.png

I'm only down the road from you in Weston, pretty epic snowfall but starting to slow now and temps are slowly on the rise

Posted
4 minutes ago, Gypo said:

I'm only down the road from you in Weston, pretty epic snowfall but starting to slow now and temps are slowly on the rise

I drive through there regularly. Used to get my Christmas tree from a farm there but wasn't open this year sadly.  Luckily where I live now is another 80m up and that helps so much with extra fall and retention of the snow. I'm just hoping the cloud moves through quick so the cooler, clear air can help keep the snow for my return tomorrow morning.

I'm just buzzed as lots of my friends have had kids the past few years and will be their first proper snow/snow'fall' so looking forward to seeing pics/vids of their faces.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Iceaxecrampon said:

Looking at the Cat webcam, there are no tyre tracks, so looks like it is impassable.  Macc to Whaley road closed at Rainow.  Eased off here now.  Tis beautiful though.

• Like 3

Posted
9 minutes ago, Iceaxecrampon said:

Cat and Fiddle impassable although not confirmed as 'closed' by Police just yet, Lyme Park is closed however.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

I'm satisfied today. A good few inches of the white stuff and chances of more to come over the days and week/s ahead. Have a good day everyone

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Just had a good look, there looks to be a Cheshire Gap streamer setting up from about 8am tomorrow lasting most of the day before sleet & snow showers then switch and start coming in from the North East early hours of Thursday from around 6am.

Conditions actually look a bit more conducive tomorrow/Thurs for snow for the whole region, seems a bit more realistic for here too.

Couple of snapshots.

1.thumb.png.6c286bda81752c5fb3cf01b7709be932.png2.thumb.png.30be3ed8b0064fb73f08cda12ac8cd9c.png3.thumb.png.ecd3e6358348272b194b6d85d6f75bd3.png

• Like 5