Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 3 June 2020 onwards

damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters
28 minutes ago, Kasim Awan said:

Agree. We need to watch this one esp those closer to the Pennines Oldham etc possible candidates atm.

You nailed this last night. You said sweet spot would  be warrington st helens area.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
27 minutes ago, Kasim Awan said:

Agree. We need to watch this one esp those closer to the Pennines Oldham etc possible candidates atm.

About right when I have to get up tomorrow for 5am and drive to work.

Why can’t it snow when I’m off work??

Why does it always fail, why??

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stratocumulus perlucidus said:

You nailed this last night. You said sweet spot would  be warrington st helens area.

Thank you however in hindsight I was a bit off. It was looking like an M6 corridor event in the section SW of Gtr Manchester. This was shunted east and the sweet spot was between Altrincham and Stoke. Close enough!

Posted

The BBC NW News last night had some settling snow from Darwin, and I was pleased to wake up to some snow here in the south of the region. It has settled but is very slushy and I can't see it lasting long. The problem may come tonight if the very wet roads and pavements start to freeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow.. frost. Freezing fog

This is westhoughton in the south west part of the Bolton borough, about 2-3 miles away from me.. 

Yet my garden is green

36E5ED18-1C5A-4063-9C92-535D35A94108.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Expected to wake up to slight covering this morning ,but it has exceeded my expectations .We have about 2 inches of lying snow here in Wigan,hopefully the sun won't melt it today.

IMG_1277.JPG

IMG_1278.JPG

IMG_1276.JPG

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Woke up to nothing. Not really surprised. At least it is staying cold into the New Year.  I'm happy with that.

Posted

Been reading this thread with interest. Wasn't expecting anything this morning, but woke up to a light dusting on cars, roofs and grass. Not much sticking to the roads though. Its currently 2.1c here in Sale and still cloudy. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

One to watch is this feature tonight - could well be a repeat performance for some to the south and east of the region. 41DEF0B4-7898-4EBE-A462-37B658E4D101.thumb.jpeg.62c5b62be9b6110a72615811a5a84447.jpeg6E620525-82AD-4857-BE49-1BF03C9E10C0.thumb.jpeg.13950a96172b0706970bbd031199315b.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

No snow but very icy

Posted
4 minutes ago, Joe Snow said:

One to watch is this feature tonight - could well be a repeat performance for some to the south and east of the region. 41DEF0B4-7898-4EBE-A462-37B658E4D101.thumb.jpeg.62c5b62be9b6110a72615811a5a84447.jpeg6E620525-82AD-4857-BE49-1BF03C9E10C0.thumb.jpeg.13950a96172b0706970bbd031199315b.jpeg

Yeah, heard someone mention this in another thread so had a nosy. Most models agree that some feature will run across the south of the region tonight...some have it further north as well. I hope that is the case, more people in the fun.

• Like 2

Posted
36 minutes ago, captaincroc said:

Where are you in Stoke MonkeyPants?  

ST3 too of anchor road. will pop up to mierheath later take my son out if I'm allowed , he's never seen snow before but mum thinks at 3 months he won't be a snow fan like his dad

Posted
1 hour ago, iand61 said:

I’ve got my shovel available to borrow if any of you lucky people need snow shifting

Got my snow shovel back in 2010...not needed to use it since...the March 2018 easterly was that fine wispy powder snow that got blown away from my walkways lol

Funny how the apps can show "nothing-to-see-here" for days and then suddenly get updated with something of interest overnight.  Might get a dusting from the east.

Edited by dodge
  • Like 1

Posted
32 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

You would think we have high pressure directly overhead right now, clear blue skies and no winds, alas we have a 960mb low directly overhead! 

Yes, I noticed that my barometer had dropped to 970mb, as low as I've seen it for a while, yet it is perfectly calm here. As you say, we must have the 'eye' of a low directly overhead. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
5 minutes ago, captaincroc said:

Yeah, heard someone mention this in another thread so had a nosy. Most models agree that some feature will run across the south of the region tonight...some have it further north as well. I hope that is the case, more people in the fun.

And Wednesday night some models picking up on a cheshire Gap event and to think Meto said dry all week

C.S

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
1 minute ago, dodge said:

Got my snow shovel back in 2010...not needed to use it since...the March 2018 easterly was that fine wispy powder snow that got blown away from my walkways lol

Funny how the apps can show nothing to see here for days and then suddenly get updated with something of interest overnight.  Might get a dusting from the east.

Not expecting anything tonight so I’m not disappointed when I get sod all.