Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 3 June 2020 onwards

damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

It turned back to rain here. It was fun to watch while it lasted.

• Like 1

Posted
47 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

There was Always a possibility that when this front started to pivot snow was almost a certainly on its Western edge as the front moved into the cold air ECM was quite consistent on this especially over higher ground,rain getting heavier here but no sign of any wintriness yet.Temp 2.8c DP 1.7c

C.S

Surprise you havent got any wintriness, definite sleet not far off wet snow flakes.

Posted

Good example of power if evaporative cooling today and the influence proximity to a warm N Sea. The snow fell at low levels where precipitation heaviest, where light, a wet sleet at best, here not a snowflake.. also the proximity to N Sea has disfavoured me, air has had a longer fetch mild mixed y old, reason no snow in NE, but some in the Midlands. All quite counter-intuitive. It's been an unusual set of circumstances.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
24 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Surprise you havent got any wintriness, definite sleet not far off wet snow flakes.

Just got to work at yes definitely sleet here temperatures also dropped to 1.5c may see some snow soon.

C.S

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.

A bit of a covering of snow here in Audenshaw in east Manchester. I'm not even above 100m either.

Screenshot_20201204-143712-844.thumb.png.602e97c1864127be5e4f67274d404e16.png

IMG_20201204_141942.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, Sn0wmad79 said:

You can see its starting to cover on that traffic camera and that is a low area in Oldham where it is usually difficult to cover. If it does carry on like this most roads across oldham will be tricky for drivers to say the least. Where abouts are you ? because you've always seemed to get rough end of stick for snow in our town. I am not far from grains bar.

Just off Ashton Rd, halfway between Park Bridge and Oldham TC... but I have had a nice covering, a bit slushy but it's only 4 days into winter so can't grumble....but erm... Grains Bar?... I may as well be at the bottom of Mnt Everest looking up at you

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Just steady rain here for the past couple of hours or so. Just been out, not even a hint of sleet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Slush starting to appear on paths 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & sunshine

Had a bit of snow here in ashton u lyne. Turned to drizzle now.

20201204_154223.jpg

20201204_125353.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

I took a brief opportunity to have a short walk around the hill here above Whaley before sunset and as the snow was beginning to slacken off, it was well worth the effort although not the deepest snow we've had around these parts it has been the most sudden.

2667.thumb.jpg.9ebcc9cdb94ce9959c16a626fd53659f.jpg2668.thumb.jpg.f8437a9306d484191fa11a5c85d9d883.jpg2669.thumb.jpg.a97ca8dad0d3f46a7f61b98c45e7f75b.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All 4 seasons and a good mixture of everything and anything!
2 minutes ago, captaincroc said:

I'm up at 180m and just sleet here? Must be in a warmer sector down here.

Potentially yes - I'm 170m but got a good covering, and places around me as low as 130m have had coverings too -

Warmer uppers down towards the Midlands perhaps? 

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, StretfordEnd1996 said:

Potentially yes - I'm 170m but got a good covering, and places around me as low as 130m have had coverings too -

Warmer uppers down towards the Midlands perhaps? 

Yeah, weird if that is so, especially as it is heavy rain/sleet? So not even evaporative cooling helping?  Well glad some are enjoying it. haha

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
10 minutes ago, captaincroc said:

I'm up at 180m and just sleet here? Must be in a warmer sector down here.

Relative in Stockport at the same elevation as me had none at all either, but here I've had about an inch covering on the grassy areas. Certainly looks like the further north you are the better you did regardless of height.

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.
6 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Relative in Stockport at the same elevation as me had none at all either, but here I've had about an inch covering on the grassy areas. Certainly looks like the further north you are the better you did regardless of height.

Had a covering here on the grass as well. Looking at the ordnance survey I'm only about 98m asl yet I still managed a covering.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

A nice couple of inches here in Saddleworth even just about an inch in the lowest parts of Uppermill and Greenfield, very happy with that considering we are only at 4th December!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & sunshine
18 minutes ago, Audenshaw weather said:

Had a covering here on the grass as well. Looking at the ordnance survey I'm only about 98m asl yet I still managed a covering.

I'm only 102asl and we've had a covering in ashton. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All 4 seasons and a good mixture of everything and anything!
12 minutes ago, James M said:

A nice couple of inches here in Saddleworth even just about an inch in the lowest parts of Uppermill and Greenfield, very happy with that considering we are only at 4th December!

I posted some pictures earlier too from Uppermill at about 170m above sea level - certainly a good 2-3cm or more on some surfaces and definitely more than a light 'coating' which is nice. 

As I said earlier - it's not much really in the grand scheme of things, it's not going to be a day of snowfall that I will be telling my kids when I'm older but it just didn't appear to have been in the forecast, it seemed to out-fox the Met Office a little bit (who produced a warning about 5 hours late) and it stuck extremely well on soaking wet surfaces that had seen drizzle and rain overnight where temperatures were too mild.

A very good day of snow-watching and as others have alluded too - probably just about wins over everything we had in 19-20 and 18-19 (more so the former). 

Edited by StretfordEnd1996
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Picturesque 

20201204_165051.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
6 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

1F8B61AA-BB6E-4224-A58B-9390308BEB77.jpeg

Have the 3 wise men called yet?