Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 3 June 2020 onwards

damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
19 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Clear and dry here at the moment.  Ideal conditions for those having fireworks, sky lit up with them when I drove home earlier, a couple of massive bangs too, I thought only organized events had big fireworks like that, most unlike the fizzy, pop, garden ones I used to buy.

I came across one of the burned out fireworks when I was out walking this morning and I’m pretty sure men went to the moon in something smaller.

they’re certainly a far cry from the piddling little things we used to let off when we were kids.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
21 hours ago, dodge said:

Well we did need some dry weather after last week's watery onslaught.  The flipside is that generally at this time of the year it's a bit dull and rather boring with very little happening.

Yes all very benign at the moment and unusually so there's not really been any proper storms yet this Autumn, with none likely for the foreseeable either. I think we'll have to be patient for the next few weeks though. I do like the sound of the Met Office long range outlook for the start of December in terms of wintery weather. But they've said the same thing before only for it not to happen. Think it was a couple of winters ago it kept getting pushed back. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Glad Firework Fortnight is done.

I have two tough Border Terriers but that is more than enough for them.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
14 hours ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Yes all very benign at the moment and unusually so there's not really been any proper storms yet this Autumn, with none likely for the foreseeable either. I think we'll have to be patient for the next few weeks though. I do like the sound of the Met Office long range outlook for the start of December in terms of wintery weather. But they've said the same thing before only for it not to happen. Think it was a couple of winters ago it kept getting pushed back. 

Yes a very intriguing long term outlook, if anything a slight upgrade as time has ticked by. I really don't mind a mild November at all, good for walks being able to clear the head especially with this crazy crazy world we currently live in. December, cold, dry and frosty with snow toward Christmas? 

• Like 6

Posted
18 hours ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Benign is certainly a good word to describe today's weather. A few spots of rain earlier, but other than that, exactly nothing!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
3 hours ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Benign is certainly a good word to describe today's weather. A few spots of rain earlier, but other than that, exactly nothing!

Same here, a day that probably turned out better than the forecast.

A usable sort of day and I used it to cut back a couple of trees and shred the pile of stuff that came off.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cool & dry, with regular cold, snowy periods.

I must admit, I do like the word 'usable' when describing how the weather can affect us. Today is a perfect example of it; mainly dry, not much wind, reasonable temperature - good conditions to get out and walk, cycle, do some outside jobs, etc 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
7 hours ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Not far from you a thoroughly miserable day with light rain and drizzle that has persisted throughout the day even as I type the ligh rain continues.Any chance of early cold look to have disappeared for now.

C.S

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Not far from you a thoroughly miserable day with light rain and drizzle that has persisted throughout the day even as I type the ligh rain continues.Any chance of early cold look to have disappeared for now.

C.S

For once it looks like the weather gods have been kind to us up here.

pretty much walk to wall cloud all day but dry throughout day light hours and unlike yesterday’s damp, raw breeze, today has felt pretty mild.

• Like 3

Posted

Yes, lovely sunrise this morning with a steady stream of Altocumulus, it's now almost clouded over, just the occasional pocket of blue sky visible.  It's still dry here for the moment.  Another mild one, garden temp at 12°.  

• Like 2

Posted

If I tried to mow my grassy garden it would churn up mood in next to no time, or sink in water, the grounds still soggy from last week's deluge, but it has been mild today and looks to be that way for most of this month.

Met Office still pretty bullish about an appreciable cool down at the very tail end of November and into December although nothing really alarming in that respect.

Edited by dodge
  • Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, dodge said:

If I tried to mow my grassy garden it would churn up mood in next to no time, or sink in water, the grounds still soggy from last week's deluge, but it has been mild today and looks to be that way for most of this month.

Met Office still pretty bullish about an appreciable cool down at the very tail end of November and into December although nothing really alarming in that respect.

Same here, the mower saw its last action of the year almost a month ago and even though it’s been pretty mild, the grass has hardly grown since.

• Like 2

Posted

Not a bad end to this evenings ECM day 10 showing the high pressure moving to our NW would imagine a few days later a Northerly would probably be the form horse.All speculation at the moment but hey we have to start somewhere.

C.S

• Like 2

Posted
21 hours ago, cheshire snow said:

Not a bad end to this evenings ECM day 10 showing the high pressure moving to our NW would imagine a few days later a Northerly would probably be the form horse.All speculation at the moment but hey we have to start somewhere.

C.S

Ditto on above at day 10 cool NW Flow probably not cold enough for low ground but certainly a good shout for higher ground of the region to see some some sleet/snow however again day 10 so not to be taken seriously.

C.S

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

A squall line is passing through here, bringing some biblical rain.

Posted

Evening

A much improved 12z GFS showing a cold shot within the 8-10 time frame -6 isotherm covers the region with -8 uppers over northern Scotland still marginal for any low land wintry PPN but hopefully heading in the correct direction for something a bit colder.might even have to get my wolly hat out of the closet if verifies.

C.S

• Like 3

Posted

Not the worse run from the GFS even showing a slider at day 12 which would give elevated parts of the region a covering.Not a bad run from the Icon which if went past day 10 would probably go down the GFS Road,however the UKMO is poor for anything cold.

C.S

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Awake  

Decent squall ahead of the front. 

77A4D8BF-9D67-4130-BDD3-8D1755612FF5.thumb.jpeg.48afe075e3bf74e98371919a534922c2.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted

I missed the squall @Iceaxecrampon.  As @A Face like Thunder said, there was evidence of heavy rain during the night.  Garden thermometer at 8°, but it feels colder, lovely and sunny, just the odd cloud floating about.  Had a nose in the Winter Approach thread, at the moment it's looking like a decent dip in temps for a few days from next friday, worth keeping an eye on and digging out the woolly gloves.  

• Like 2