Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 3 June 2020 onwards

damianslaw

Posted
2 hours ago, alr1970 said:

Snow on the fells overnight.

Always a good sight. First proper chilly feeling day of the season today, maxed out at 7 degrees with lots of showers. Was hoping for our first air frost of the season this week, but looks like temps will hold up a bit, still expecting some ground frost. All seasonal.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
1 hour ago, Chris.R said:

Aww sorry well at least you have SP as well  over in Heswall he’s suffered with it too for a long time.

Mind you our next move will be North Wales (yessssss!)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Both GFS and ECM toying with the idea of heights building over Scandinavia mid month, this in turn dragging in some pretty fridgid air into Europe from the east. How far west this could get is pure conjecture, as it's way out in la la land to take it seriously.

Nice to see this quite early in the season though. As usual given how far west the UK & Ireland is we often need a few bites of the cherry to tap into these synoptics, but for me it makes it more satisfying when it does come. 

• Like 2

Posted

Just had a shower here, quite heavy. So much for a dry day. It was frosty earlier.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
19 hours ago, alr1970 said:

Snow on the fells overnight.

That's the Raise Ski Lift on the Helvellyn range - a good webcam  - will be visiting frequently if it survives the rigors of winter

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Cold frosty start even had to scrape the car this morning now given way to light rain showers not taking much notice of the FI charts however the Met office long range forecast is as wintry as any of there long range forecasts last year.As Bradley would say the chase is on.

C.S

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
6 hours ago, cheshire snow said:

Cold frosty start even had to scrape the car this morning now given way to light rain showers not taking much notice of the FI charts however the Met office long range forecast is as wintry as any of there long range forecasts last year.As Bradley would say the chase is on.

C.S

Haven’t seen the Meto forecast but I’m happier that they are showing something wintry than if was one of the annual ice age cometh “experts” who usually come out of woodwork at this time of year.

what does the Express make of it though as a headline of 3 months of torrential drizzle and record breaking mild should give us a decent cold and snowy winter

• Like 2

Posted

Lovely walk to work this morning, cars all frosted over, the skies perfectly clear and a pretty shade of blue as the sun rose.  The rest of the day sunny but had a few sharp showers during the morning.  Dry and clear at the moment, lots of fireworks going off, I think folks are cramming their bonfire night in before lockdown. Loving these colder seasonal temps.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Lots of light drizzle around today and rather cold and not very nice. Was hoping for better. No ground or air frosts yet this season which is a little below average. Usually had one or two by now.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Dry for much of the day but it turned damp during the afternoon.
pretty standard stuff for the time of year I suppose.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Hi all.  First post here. Was very foggy last night here with all the fireworks. At the moment it’s currently mostly cloudy with the occasional bit of sun. Just checked my phone. Temp says 8C.

• Like 4

Posted

tenor.gif.d6dd84c3f0a52a8b98580bba8721ed6a.gif

• Like 1

Posted

^

....and that's not just today either!

• Like 2

Posted

Well we did need some dry weather after last week's watery onslaught.  The flipside is that generally at this time of the year it's a bit dull and rather boring with very little happening.

• Like 2

Posted

A couple of photos from this morning walk (sorry it’s lockdown 2 so essential exercise)

plenty of mist and fog about but mainly clinging to the Yorkshire side of the ridge with sun over here.

Not a big fan of wind turbines but they are looking good poking through the fog on the tops.

EFB0D567-D9E1-4520-B9B4-942DF96B297C.jpeg

0337339E-6B20-4CCC-812D-9273F4A0FFBB.jpeg

87020344-E186-4734-870A-455F7A9653E1.jpeg

BBC8DACD-8A6B-43D5-A0AA-187D72CDAA9E.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted

Been a pleasure to shop for my vulnerables this morning, lovely and sunny, with a little gentle warmth from the sun.  Car windscreen was slightly iced over first thing.  Still got a bit of shopping to deliver and it's clouding over, just enjoying a cup of coffee first, got chilli ribs for tea, I'm waffling.

• Like 2

Posted

Looks like that fog has got a bit fed up with being in Yorkshire and decided to creep over our side of the ridge and with it bring its best mates, cold and damp with it.

it’s certainly changed the feel of the day although I suppose it’s a bit more seasonable and certainly an improvement on the rain of recent days.

• Like 2

Posted
4 hours ago, iand61 said:

Looks like that fog has got a bit fed up with being in Yorkshire and decided to creep over our side of the ridge and with it bring its best mates, cold and damp with it.

it’s certainly changed the feel of the day although I suppose it’s a bit more seasonable and certainly an improvement on the rain of recent days.

Clear and dry here at the moment.  Ideal conditions for those having fireworks, sky lit up with them when I drove home earlier, a couple of massive bangs too, I thought only organized events had big fireworks like that, most unlike the fizzy, pop, garden ones I used to buy.

• Like 2