Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 3 June 2020 onwards

damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
49 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Are schools and uni’s still open in tier 304 and will we be able to buy grit and snow shovels 

No need as we'll be underground by then. 

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, iand61 said:

Are schools and uni’s still open in tier 304 and will we be able to buy grit and snow shovels .

At tier 304 you will only be allowed to buy grit or a snow shovel, not both, as there will be no mixing of both in any same household. If you choose a shovel it must be in the same bubble as your brush. LOL

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Glad this ain't snow! The Wirral forcefield is early.... Hopefully burnt out and knackered by mid Nov lol.

680823343_Screenshot_2020-10-28UKweatherwarnings.thumb.png.bad25579614fbaa8bc72a0fbbe380d0e.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Lightning detector showing strikes over parts of Merseyside.

C.S

• Like 2

Posted

Weather warnings extended to Saturday and Sunday too now.

In the meantime, I think we have a problem...

Uh-Oh.thumb.png.38141584050ddf7ab6714b53742fd414.png

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
1 hour ago, A Face like Thunder said:

A nice ending to the day, with the possibility of a good sunset shortly. I think I may just have got my daily dose of vitamin D today without using tablets.

If you could get it from rain there wouldn’t be lot of demand for supplement tablets around our region this weekend.

shame it can’t wash the damn Covid down the drains and out to see.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
26 minutes ago, alr1970 said:

Weather warnings extended to Saturday and Sunday too now.

In the meantime, I think we have a problem...

Uh-Oh.thumb.png.38141584050ddf7ab6714b53742fd414.png

Never understood why it’s there but there is a sculpture of the Alien stood above the front of my local pub.
it certainly looks weird when lit up at night.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
2 hours ago, A Face like Thunder said:

A nice ending to the day, with the possibility of a good sunset shortly. I think I may just have got my daily dose of vitamin D today without using tablets.

My GP said we cannot make it naturally at this time of year this far north even on a clear sunny day. Something to do with the sun angle not being high enough now. She could be wrong though, she is human after all haha. Apparently we can from late March until about mid September.

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

My GP said we cannot make it naturally at this time of year this far north even on a clear sunny day. Something to do with the sun angle not being high enough now. She could be wrong though, she is human after all haha. Apparently we can from late March until about mid September.

It’s no wonder that our infection figures are so high then apart from the fact that countries further even north still have less cases.

at least that’s a crumb of comfort I’m hanging onto otherwise we’re doomed

• Like 2

Posted

Oh joy, four days of heavy rain with barely any respite, expecting flooding on a widespread scale, with leaves and debris clogging drains, ground is saturated now.. not promising prospects, next week's high pressure will be very welcome after what is about to come in Cumbria.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Oh joy, four days of heavy rain with barely any respite, expecting flooding on a widespread scale, with leaves and debris clogging drains, ground is saturated now.. not promising prospects, next week's high pressure will be very welcome after what is about to come in Cumbria.

not just Cumbria, here looks a write off too, and aye hope next weeks high pressure dosen't downgrade

• Like 2

Posted

Dry at the moment, garden temp at 8°.  If you've got clear skies take a look at the moon and Mars, they are close together tonight, good photo opportunity to get them in the same frame.  Dug out a couple of spare waterproof coats in preparation for the predicted rain, it's only a 10 min walk to and from work, but long enough to get soaked.

• Like 3

Posted
12 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Dry at the moment, garden temp at 8°.  If you've got clear skies take a look at the moon and Mars, they are close together tonight, good photo opportunity to get them in the same frame.  Dug out a couple of spare waterproof coats in preparation for the predicted rain, it's only a 10 min walk to and from work, but long enough to get soaked.

No looking at the moon and Mars here, it’s absolutely hammering it down.

just getting us ready for the rain tomorrow, Friday, Saturday, Sunday zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Like 3

Posted
14 hours ago, iand61 said:

If you could get it from rain there wouldn’t be lot of demand for supplement tablets around our region this weekend.

shame it can’t wash the damn Covid down the drains and out to see.

If they confirm that vitamin D tablets can cure Covid, I can let you have some.... @ a tenner a time.

Now what's happening outside? Oh, it's started to rain. Now there's a surprise.

• Like 2

Posted
11 hours ago, iand61 said:

No looking at the moon and Mars here, it’s absolutely hammering it down.

just getting us ready for the rain tomorrow, Friday, Saturday, Sunday zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yes, yellow weather warning has just begun and lasting until Sunday night (23.59). Just what this region doesn't need. I don't suppose there will be too many witches on the top of Pendle Hill on Saturday night, hang on, they can't meet there anyway in tier 3.

• Like 2

Posted

I think we may need to add 'wind' to the weather warnings over the weekend. I'm wondering whether the rainfall over the weekend will be similar to mid-November 2009 when there was record rainfall in the northern parts of the region and a v mild airflow.

• Like 2

Posted
20 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

I think we may need to add 'wind' to the weather warnings over the weekend. I'm wondering whether the rainfall over the weekend will be similar to mid-November 2009 when there was record rainfall in the northern parts of the region and a v mild airflow.

I was wondering that the same, the models never seem to take in the south-westerly wind pounding the rain into the hills once it starts its forgets to stop

• Like 2

Posted

Not sure why the Wirral is missed off for the first warning as its been tipping down since I got up, pretty heavy too. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Proper Fylde deluge.

Radar has lots of Red

Cabin Up!

• Like 2