Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 3 June 2020 onwards

damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
48 minutes ago, dodge said:

93D411B9-BABB-4EDE-9181-67D8BB7A7E91.thu

It's enough to make you feel physically sick, just rain, rain, rain, and even if it doesn't materialise to this extent, it's safe to say the next week will be more wet than dry.

Yes a continuing unsettled pattern according to the GFS for the next 10 days with plenty more rain in the offering  few signs later in FI that HP may settle things down with perhaps fog becoming the main player,but that's for the future.My thoughts for a front-loaded winter are starting to fade unfortunately quite frustrating really but it is what it is.

C.S

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
13 hours ago, cheshire snow said:

Yes a continuing unsettled pattern according to the GFS for the next 10 days with plenty more rain in the offering  few signs later in FI that HP may settle things down with perhaps fog becoming the main player,but that's for the future.My thoughts for a front-loaded winter are starting to fade unfortunately quite frustrating really but it is what it is.

C.S

I understand your change of heart mate but I wouldn't write it off just yet, toward the back end of this mornings ECM looks pretty interesting. Still plenty of options on the table... 

• Like 4

Posted

Showers more on than off this morning.

I see we have a weather warning for Thursday/Friday, for... rain, of course. Shame it's half-term, the only available activities are outdoors.

image.thumb.png.2ec179fc9e57921fa04ccec4e0e1aaf4.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
4 hours ago, Day 10 said:

I understand your change of heart mate but I wouldn't write it off just yet, toward the back end of this mornings ECM looks pretty interesting. Still plenty of options on the table... 

ECM has switched from +NAO to -NAO in 24hrs out in FI which probably tells you everything you need to know,to be fair though quite a few of The GEFS members are showing HP in or around the UK which will hopefully put the brakes on the Atlantic and sort of goes along the idea of the GFS of setting down the weather all at day 10+ though so plenty of water to go under the bridge until we can at least hope for something a little seasonal.

C.S

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
18 hours ago, cheshire snow said:

C.S

To be honest I'm not too bothered if it turns out like that. It would be nice to get a seasonal xmas but if we don't we don't. I remember getting worried around that time in 2012 and at the turn of the new year but things massively turned around in mid January with a big SSW. Had a few decent snow events from then on into March.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

After last winter’s efforts, even a few days with snow on the ground would be an improvement.

Pretty sure it’s the first time in the 24 years we have lived in our present house where I didn’t have to clear snow off the drive once.

• Like 1

Posted
9 hours ago, alr1970 said:

Showers more on than off this morning.

I see we have a weather warning for Thursday/Friday, for... rain, of course. Shame it's half-term, the only available activities are outdoors.

image.thumb.png.2ec179fc9e57921fa04ccec4e0e1aaf4.png

Oh dear grim, and all too often outcome of long drawn SW airstreams, despise them whenever they happen, all year round they just bring low cloud, dank often very wet conditions. Just looked at the BBC and Met office forecasts, shocking, non-stop rain for 96 hours.. Thursday to Sunday, can I hibernate!

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
19 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Oh dear grim, and all too often outcome of long drawn SW airstreams, despise them whenever they happen, all year round they just bring low cloud, dank often very wet conditions. Just looked at the BBC and Met office forecasts, shocking, non-stop rain for 96 hours.. Thursday to Sunday, can I hibernate!

Tomorrow a write off here, interesting these systems move through in the day, dry tonight, dry tomorrow night

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Tomorrow a write off here, interesting these systems move through in the day, dry tonight, dry tomorrow night

Its looking a very wet week, rainfall totals for October will be very high by  close of play, nothing unusual, so often the last week of October is very wet. 

• Like 1

Posted

Squall line moving through right now. Some pretty intense rain.

• Like 2

Posted
22 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Squall line moving through right now. Some pretty intense rain.

Really heavy rain and gusty wind picked up... hills disappeared... very autumnal 

• Like 3

Posted
37 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Really heavy rain and gusty wind picked up... hills disappeared... very autumnal 

Hopefully plenty of the white stuff this winter mate I think we deserve it after last Winters no show!

• Like 3

Posted

A nice end to a somewhat washout of a day here, with more rain forecast for this week and into next at least this sunset and today's squall-line is making things a bit more interesting than the typical 'gloom and doom' Autumnal days.

DSC_0006.thumb.JPG.662398eb199201b02188f39bee2e85fc.JPG

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
13 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

Sounds like hail now

Yeah hail here as well

• Like 2

Posted
17 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Yeah hail here as well

17 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Yeah hail here as well

Thought it was hail 

Posted

Rubbish weather and even if we get a winter with snow we will have to probably stay in because of this thing going around that I don’t like to mention we will be in tier 304 by then

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
33 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

Rubbish weather and even if we get a winter with snow we will have to probably stay in because of this thing going around that I don’t like to mention we will be in tier 304 by then

hahaha

• Like 2

Posted
46 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

Are schools and uni’s still open in tier 304 and will we be able to buy grit and snow shovels 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Are schools and uni’s still open in tier 304 and will we be able to buy grit and snow shovels 

Aye they will be open

• Like 2