Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 3 June 2020 onwards

damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
1 hour ago, Rush2112 said:

Tis a grey morning here, I can go one better, got fine drizzle too.

Not fine drizzle, nothing worse than that fine stuff that soaks you through

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, iand61 said:

Not fine drizzle, nothing worse than that fine stuff that soaks you through

Yes, it was really fine, you couldn't tell it was drizzling unless you noticed it against a dark background, the stuff that clings to you in seconds.  As you say, the stuff that soaks you through.  Not  a  fan of these damp grey days, mild too, garden thermometer sat at 10° for most of the day .  Bring on a few nice crisp sharp frosts.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
2 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Yes, it was really fine, you couldn't tell it was drizzling unless you noticed it against a dark background, the stuff that clings to you in seconds.  As you say, the stuff that soaks you through.  Not  a  fan of these damp grey days, mild too, garden thermometer sat at 10° for most of the day .  Bring on a few nice crisp sharp frosts.

Hopefully plenty of them this year along with some snow although they were both in short supply last winter, even at my altitude.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
9 minutes ago, Baz Cheshire said:

Very quiet weather over the last few days, looks like it is about to change !

anywhere near Wybunbury? heard of that place from Road Wars! funniest bit I think! Pat Knight had never heard of it

Edward Barron (made up name) tells him why bun bury, but pronunced winburry

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & snow
2 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

anywhere near Wybunbury? heard of that place from Road Wars! funniest bit I think! Pat Knight had never heard of it

About 10 miles NW of there, sadly one of the most snowless areas of the UK ! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
6 minutes ago, Baz Cheshire said:

About 10 miles NW of there, sadly one of the most snowless areas of the UK ! 

can't be as bad as here, been crap since late 90's, just the odd decent event in 22 years

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
55 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

can't be as bad as here, been crap since late 90's, just the odd decent event in 22 years

I think Stafford has done better than here - this December it will be 20 years since we last had a 10cm fall.

Posted

Bit of a change this week, but my area generally doesn't get too wet from a south-westerly airstream.  Places to the west might cop a bit more.  Ireland and Western Isles (Scotland) particularly in the firing line today.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Close to Wybunbury. Nice pubs and church. Last decent and sustained snowfall would have been in the winter of 2009/10. OK here this morning but glad that I'm heading to the East Coast later for a few days. 

Think that was January 2010, we got about 3-4 inches. Even December 2010 was poor here with areas North&South&East of here hammered

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Not looking good for the next ten days or so as we loose -NAO blocking pattern and replace it with +NAO pattern so in a nut shell Turner milder,but with the PV gaining strength to our NW plenty of rain and no doubt named storms in the offering.On that depressing note enjoy your week.

C.S

• Like 2

Posted

Time to get the sun lamp out, looking very dull remainder of October, as Atlantic air dominates and we are at the receiving end if rain or just dank drizzly stuff. Cant get enthused with outlook, a nice high pressure with frost and fog and sunshine would go the trick. Hopefully come November we exchange the upcoming grey spell for something brighter, we need the sun more than ever now!

• Like 5

Posted
9 hours ago, itsnowjoke said:

Drizzly day

Torrential drizzle here for much of the day

Proper tropical bouncing drizzle at times

• Like 1

Posted

Got rain here quite heavy at times not much you can do in this weather mind there’s not much you can do in this country at the moment 

Posted
7 hours ago, itsnowjoke said:

Got rain here quite heavy at times not much you can do in this weather mind there’s not much you can do in this country at the moment 

Aye a poor morning with a bit of an improvement this afternoon but still felt cold.

to be honest I thought we have had two poor rainy days but this morning’s BBC forecast told me that yesterday was a dry and pretty decent day across the country.

i nearly spit my Tescobix out but there again why should the national weather forecast be any less London centric that everything else☹️

• Like 2

Posted

Mmm it's all a bit gloomy at moment, limited brightness and a general dank feel about things. Autumn proper looks like setting in with first strong winds/gales of the season in the week, hoping we can then transfer to a theme where fog and frost prevail and some late autumn sunshine. That first crisp sunny day of the season always one to relish, usually comes some stage second half November so some time to go yet.

• Like 2

Posted

I’ve only got as far as opening the back door for the dogs but looking outside it’s windy and the rain is heading in. The radar shows some good squall lines further down the country so hopefully we’ll get one as the front goes through

Edited by shadowfax
  • Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, shadowfax said:

I’ve only got as far as opening the back door for the dogs but looking outside it’s windy and the rain is heading in. The radar shows some good squall lines further down the country so hopefully we’ll get one as the front goes through

Wind is picking up here at the moment, been out shopping for my vulnerables, managed to stay dry so far, but looks like I'm going to get caught out delivering it.  It's feeling quite mild out too at the moment.  

• Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, shadowfax said:

Yep it’s a wet, windy and miserable day in these parts.

hopefully a bit better later and tomorrow.

• Like 1