Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 3 June 2020 onwards

damianslaw

Posted
On 03/10/2020 at 17:24, itsnowjoke said:

Dog has fallen out with me because he won’t go out in the rain and he wants to go for a walk but won’t and somehow it’s my fault. Mrs stood at the window face like thunder because of the rain .... I will let her in a minute bless her 

'Face like Thunder'? I haven't posted a photo of myself have I? And that's Snowjoke. Only joking!

• Like 2

Posted

So we had the forming low pressure bringing constant precipitation from the south east on Saturday and now today we've had an all afternoon Cheshire Gap streamer set up. Where does this all vanish to in the winter months haha?!

Posted
7 hours ago, A Face like Thunder said:

'Face like Thunder'? I haven't posted a photo of myself have I? And that's Snowjoke. Only joking!

Hahaha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
40 minutes ago, Mark88 said:

So we had the forming low pressure bringing constant precipitation from the south east on Saturday and now today we've had an all afternoon Cheshire Gap streamer set up. Where does this all vanish to in the winter months haha?!

Today for some areas like mine, was always going to be potentially worse than 'Alex'

Posted
48 minutes ago, Mark88 said:

Its not a Cheshire Gap streamer, its frontal rain

image.thumb.png.5a5f925eef83cdbbdbe622e8c264905b.png

Edited by Weather-history
  • Like 1

Posted
33 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Its not a Cheshire Gap streamer, its frontal rain

image.thumb.png.5a5f925eef83cdbbdbe622e8c264905b.png

Ah my bad it just looked like it on the radar. 

Posted
Just now, Mark88 said:

Ah my bad it just looked like it on the radar. 

it was here earlier, but as WH said later was frontal, worse than Alex here either way

Posted

This is the wettest setup for me, shower-after-shower piling in off the Irish sea, blossoming and merging into larger bands as they travel down the M62, tipping it's load on the western upslopes of the Pennines whilst those on the eastern side wonder what all the fuss is about.

In the right setup in winter is can lead to footfalls of snow here, but sadly this hasn't materialised since the famous 2010.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, dodge said:

This is the wettest setup for me, shower-after-shower piling in off the Irish sea, blossoming and merging into larger bands as they travel down the M62, tipping it's load on the western upslopes of the Pennines whilst those on the eastern side wonder what all the fuss is about.

In the right setup in winter is can lead to footfalls of snow here, but sadly this hasn't materialised since the famous 2010.

yes here too, but winds NW'ly, shower after shower from Cheshire Gap, right setup can lead to good snow, last time decent was 3-5 Feb '03

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

37.8 mm of rain on Saturday, 19.0 mm rain on Sunday, 12.0 mm rain yesterday, 14.9 mm rain already today. Horrible.

• Like 2

Posted
21 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

37.8 mm of rain on Saturday, 19.0 mm rain on Sunday, 12.0 mm rain yesterday, 14.9 mm rain already today. Horrible.

today worse than so called 'Alex', wettest setup for here

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
4 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

today worse than so called 'Alex', wettest setup for here

Yep. Think I will end up with more rain than Saturday at this rate. Wish it was all snow like 17/12/2010.

• Like 3

Posted
5 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Yep. Think I will end up with more rain than Saturday at this rate. Wish it was all snow like 17/12/2010.

Aye but miles too early, even in good years 40s and 50's this setup snow would not be possible

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Aye but miles too early, even in good years 40s and 50's this setup snow would not be possible

Yep. I meant if it was in three months it could be epic.

• Like 3

Posted

It's been really hissing down for a little while this pm.  Sky became very dark at one point.  A glimpse of brighter skies in the north, quickly darkening again, garden is soaked. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
7 hours ago, dodge said:

What an incredible year that was for wintry weather. A cracking January and February and then Winter quick out the blocks in November leading to the coldest December for god knows how long.

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, Rush2112 said:

It's been really hissing down for a little while this pm.  Sky became very dark at one point.  A glimpse of brighter skies in the north, quickly darkening again, garden is soaked. 

worst setup for S Cheshire/Staffs, Cheshire streamer all day, but as expected dying off now, dry night here I think

• Like 2

Posted

showers all day, sunny intervals every now and again. Was dry for a few hours this evening thankfully but just had a very heavy shower in the past Half hour.

22.2 mm of rain today so far.

• Like 3

Posted
11 hours ago, Chris.R said:

showers all day, sunny intervals every now and again. Was dry for a few hours this evening thankfully but just had a very heavy shower in the past Half hour.

22.2 mm of rain today so far.

Wow, that's a lot, I'm glad I'm out of it. Another beautiful morning here on the N Yorkshire coast, if a tad breezy compared with yesterday. 

• Like 2

Posted
35 minutes ago, alr1970 said:

Funky clouds over the Peak District

84967839_IMG_20201007_1701232.thumb.jpg.c43ce9bdf0cd3f13946d9fe95edd2d6c.jpg

Lovely photo.  The wave like clouds on the left look like rare Kelvin Helmholtz clouds.  Perhaps a more experienced member can confirm this.  Fantastic formation to capture.

• Like 2

Posted
21 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Lovely photo.  The wave like clouds on the left look like rare Kelvin Helmholtz clouds.  Perhaps a more experienced member can confirm this.  Fantastic formation to capture.

Thanks. It was the smooth rolls of cloud to the right that caught my eye, I only noticed the waves when I went up to the top floor for the photo 

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, alr1970 said:

Funky clouds over the Peak District

84967839_IMG_20201007_1701232.thumb.jpg.c43ce9bdf0cd3f13946d9fe95edd2d6c.jpg

Funky love it 

• Like 1