Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 3 June 2020 onwards

damianslaw

Posted
8 hours ago, A Face like Thunder said:

"Today will be a fine, bright day with sunshine for many although there is some low cloud about to start the day, over SW Scotland and Cumbria, inland Wales and the Midlands into Yorkshire in particular. There will be a few showers for Northern Ireland and inland Scotland but a scattering for NW Scotland today brought in on a moderate SW wind. For the rest of the UK, winds will be light thanks to the high pressure but temperatures will be down on the early part of this week. Between 15 and 21C with a fresher, less humid feel to the air" (Netweather)

Memo to Netweather, it's pouring here now in South Cheshire, and as for the sunshine and fine bright day......

Disgruntled of Crewe

Even BBC NW News weather presenter Owain Wyn Evans seemed to be caught up with the strange mix of weather today in the Region. He was showing pictures of the sun around Manchester whilst we have not seen a glimpse of the sun all day. Strange!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Not been a bad choice of day to have off work.

muck cleaned out of the gutters ready for winter and the lawns cut so hopefully the weekend is mine now to get out and do some walking.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Looking nailed on now for a surge of very warm air early next week. Although Sunday respectable as well. Summer having one last go? Could be the last proper warmth until April at the earliest. So I'm going to the make the most of it.

• Like 3

Posted

A drab day here, cloudy then overcast by lunchtime, heavy rain for a few hours, then back to dull and cool during the evening.

It's been a dull September so far, looking forward to some sunshine in days ahead, we all need to make the most if it and top up on nature's natural infection killer, Vitamin D..

• Like 4

Posted

Not the best day so far, low cloud, drizzly light rain on and off in pulses. May see a clearance later but too late to salvage the day. Sometimes weather falls right, alas a rather lacklustre weekend is about to pave the way for a very good Monday and Tuesday..

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Clear blue skies, a nice breeze and about 21 degrees. Perfect late summer weather.  ☀️

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Not the best day so far, low cloud, drizzly light rain on and off in pulses. May see a clearance later but too late to salvage the day. Sometimes weather falls right, alas a rather lacklustre weekend is about to pave the way for a very good Monday and Tuesday..

Strange that. No rain today and unbroken sunshine this afternoon, and feeling warm at 21 degrees. Currently sat out on the garden enjoying the sunshine. A shame it's not sunny up in the lakes.

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, damianslaw said:

You were pretty unlucky today. I looked at the satellite and Cumbria was the only place in England with cloud. It was a fantastic day here though. Pretty much wall to wall sunshine and pleasantly warm.

3 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Strange that. No rain today and unbroken sunshine this afternoon, and feeling warm at 21 degrees. Currently sat out on the garden enjoying the sunshine. A shame it's not sunny up in the lakes.

Yes it was a brilliant day, got some outdoor jobs sorted before the Autumn properly kicks in.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Frost HoIIow said:

You were pretty unlucky today. I looked at the satellite and Cumbria was the only place in England with cloud. It was a fantastic day here though. Pretty much wall to wall sunshine and pleasantly warm.

Yes it was a brilliant day, got some outdoor jobs sorted before the Autumn properly kicks in.

SW airstream reason why, just on the wrong side of the divide, it was just drizzling around 5pm and the sun never got out all day. Tomorrow promises to bring welcome sunshine. 

• Like 2

Posted

A bit chilly this morning but a lovely warm afternoon with highs of around 23°C. Unbroken sunshine too. If only it was like this during the summer! Back at college now so can’t take full advantage.

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Stunning day temperature maxed at 25.9c on nights this week so made the most of probably the last half decent day before the slow decent into Autumn then silly season.

C.S

@Rush2112 fantastic picture this morning 

Edited by cheshire snow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Got up to 26C here. Hottest September day since 2011.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Birkrigg Common  - Bardsea nr Ulverston

Hot.

V Hot.

• Like 2

Posted

Stunning day today, garden thermometer maxed at 26°.  Iovely stream of AcCas earlier, it has now clouded over but still is very warm.  Power walk again tonight I think with my daughter, keeping an eye on the rain coming in from the west.  All enjoy your evening.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
1 hour ago, Rush2112 said:

Stunning day today, garden thermometer maxed at 26°.  Iovely stream of AcCas earlier, it has now clouded over but still is very warm.  Power walk again tonight I think with my daughter, keeping an eye on the rain coming in from the west.  All enjoy your evening.

Don’t blame you with the power walking.

Whatever the weather throws at us, there’s a long dark winter on its way so make the most of what is left of light nights and warmth.

After weeks of trying I’ve managed to get hold of a treadmill but I don’t intend to start replacing outside walking with it just yet and hope the weather plays ball✌️

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Had a great couple of days here,virtual wall to wall sunshine and garden temps upto 28c today , raining now but I'm quite happy as i've installed a new water butt and guttering on my shed.I know I'm sad ,but it makes me happy 

• Like 2

Posted

Had a power walk earlier, trundled through the odd layer of brown crispy autumn leaves, odd not having the damp woody evening sniff of autumn in the air but the whiff of a couple of barbecues instead.  Had a few drops of rain which quickly dried up, still overcast as can't see Mars.  Just shone torch at my garden thermometer it's reading 19°, this is an urban reading as I'm in the centre of town, maybe cooler elsewhere. Late summer bliss.

• Like 1

Posted

Lots of comments on yesterday weather, nothing on today's, not surprised ended up being rather grey and lacklustre with temps back down to an average level.

• Like 2

Posted
9 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Lots of comments on yesterday weather, nothing on today's, not surprised ended up being rather grey and lacklustre with temps back down to an average level.

9 hours ago, damianslaw said:

It was perfect walking weather around Rivington - there was plenty of sunshine, but it wasn't hot and there was a light breeze, which was very refreshing.  Had a lovely day out.

Posted
9 hours ago, Inga Horwood said:

It was perfect walking weather around Rivington - there was plenty of sunshine, but it wasn't hot and there was a light breeze, which was very refreshing.  Had a lovely day out.

Strange as it was grey and overcast all day here yesterday. Lovely sunny day today though, not seen a cloud all day.

Posted

Lovely day today here. Was sat in the garden sunbathing for a couple of hours, surprising how much strength the Sun still has around solar noon and how warm it feels when you’ve been sat in the sun for awhile. Looks nice for the next few days as well.

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Lovely day today here. Was sat in the garden sunbathing for a couple of hours, surprising how much strength the Sun still has around solar noon and how warm it feels when you’ve been sat in the sun for awhile. Looks nice for the next few days as well.

Yeah today has been one of the few that actually turn out better than forecast
certainly more sunshine than I expected and we got to 21c which is better than they were saying this morning

• Like 1