Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 3 June 2020 onwards

damianslaw

Posted

It's feeling quite pleasant out in the sun right now, warmer than expected at 16 here.

• Like 1

Posted

Showers brewing up now off the Irish sea...yep the cool north westerly winds in force now, so expecting frequent spells of rain...very different from that gentle warm dry south easterly breeze we had last week.  Still we are in summer so still nice enough when the sun pops out inbetween the showers .

• Like 1

Posted

I've particularly noticed the drop in temperatures since Tuesday and my barometer has taken a tumble since then. Not a good forecast either for the weekend in the NW, particularly Saturday, with strong winds to the south of a low pressure system and heavy rain for some from the front(s) (?occluded?) associated with the low pressure.

• Like 1

Posted

Next couple of days look poor for here, cool maxes no more than 14 degrees, indeed could be languishing in the 11-12 degree Saturday under grey leaden skies. Some useful heavy rain overnight Friday and Saturday. 

A very different feeling weekend than we have become used to - limited sunshine, cool and chilly northerly wind with some rain / showers.

• Like 1

Posted

On and off showers this morning and as the sun had come out and the radar looked clear I started to garden and all of the sudden the showers grew and we had hail!!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

image.thumb.png.25bb1cb4a3f6e90adcc75af5c25e388b.png Yes please

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

R rate is 1.01 in Tameside.

Planned school opening postponed including Hadfield.

Posted

A cool June day. Max 13 degrees. Far cry from the 24 degrees this time last week, from summer to mid Autumn.

• Like 1

Posted

Good steady rainfall at the moment, garden thermometer in single figures at 7° but it feels cooler. Cracked soil, yellow lawns and dried up streams getting the soaking they need.

Posted

Decent rainfall overnight, about 9mm, and a few more showers coming through now too. My waterbutts are full again so I'm a happy chappie. Now can we have the warmth back please?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Last night was insane. The wind were howling and I couldn't sleep! I've not expected that!

Pretty unusual for this time of year.

Posted

Had quite a bit of rain early doors this morning, the wind has dropped and showers beefing up now but appear to slipping just to the west of the M60 and thus here in the east of the region the sun is more prevalent.  However it won't stay that way for long and I expect a few more showers will crop up in other places throughout the afternoon.

Posted

Another dismal wet morning but wind has completely dropped off after yesterday. BBC forecast last night suggested that the east of the NW region would be affected by rain more than the west. I was rather hoping therefore that we would miss the rain in South Cheshire, but clearly not! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

It rained here overnight , but has since dried and brightened up ,sun feels really warm today, also the wind has dropped dramitically ,nice day overall.

Posted

image.thumb.png.3074e5263af5d21d325b469767c61089.png

Fireworks for the weekend? This is 1800 Saturday.

Posted

A rather lacklustre grey day, chinks of brightness this morning - then just cloud. Some spits and spots around in the last hour. Very uninspiring.

Mmm not much inspiring fayre on offer in the days ahead either.

• Like 1

Posted

Exactly the same this morning, with bits of sun and spots of rain in a grey sky. Some interesting possibilities ahead if the weather forecasts are correct, but come what may, we cannot expect an early return to the warm sunny weather we had during the weeks of lockdown.