Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - Into Summer 2020.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I think we might get a bit more than drizzle on the day 9 chart....

image.thumb.png.f56ddc20897d66deed9f818b7f4797ef.pngimage.thumb.png.f2c9a2c1b6b64829a5dc575e7e8cdaa1.png   

• Like 6

Posted
1 minute ago, General Cluster said:

Are you sure it's only the ECM that's been out on the raz, Chris?:oldlaugh:

Yep, even Chris’s glass is half full tonight!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fascinated by extreme weather. Despise drizzle.

216_mslp850.png?cb=2

Should have held on for the update  - heat briefly reloaded, not as much as I wondered if might occur but it wouldn't have taken much. As for the instability... well, this would be noisy.

What's interesting about this run is, as Mike Poole noted earlier, that it represents a shift partway toward what GEM's been doing to bring in a wedge of >20°C 850s. After the past few summers, I'm less inclined to rule such things out these days. Not saying it's likely, mind. Just... plausible.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
3 minutes ago, Singularity said:

Depends how you define 'reload'. Looks to me that the heat will - perhaps briefly spectacularly, but the fine weather less so - could be a very unstable picture by D10 as that weak low to the west interacts with the plume.

5A6D8C3E-7845-4181-BE28-140C0096D131.thumb.jpeg.108c88e63ed76c0a53601c878bab3457.jpeg
It was more to do with the jet running in this sort of pattern - that trough is only heading one way when it gets enough of a push. It makes it by 216 but wraps up some very hot air amongst.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fascinated by extreme weather. Despise drizzle.

ECM1-192.GIF?20-0 ECM1-216.GIF?20-0 

ECM0-192.GIF?20-0 ECM0-216.GIF?20-0

For what it's worth, the parallel ECM has similar timing to proceedings, yet a much less dramatic breakdown. Goes to show the high sensitivity of such events to small variations in the broader scale pattern.

• Like 7

Posted
3 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

Really enjoying this ECM run tonight! One of the runs that sends the low for Thursday / Friday north, keeps the heat in place for the south and then lets it return to more areas later in the weekend. Then Monday week - BANG!! ECM has 32C at MIDDAY (raw temps, so add a couple more for the actual), then SEVERE thunderstorms:

https://weather.us/model-charts/euro/england/significant-weather/20200629-1200z.html

Unlikely to happen like that but interesting to see! 

Whats the temps looking like for midlands for the following week mate? !!latest ukv as posted above is 30-32 degrees on thursday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms
46 minutes ago, Alderc said:

If you're here on the south coast you'd 100% bank the ECM tonight. Hot right through to the end of next weekend, with you'd fancy some monsterous storms breaking out!  

Tripod and GoPro at ready (Y) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
7 minutes ago, h2005__uk__ said:

How do you get the Netweather UKV charts?

They're on NW extra 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
24 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Whats the temps looking like for midlands for the following week mate? !!latest ukv as posted above is 30-32 degrees on thursday

ECM has 27-28c in the midlands Thursday, with 30c in London and the west of London. Could probably add 1-2c to these as usual.

• Like 1

Posted
24 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Raw temps from ECM for the West Midlands area, which as you know I believe 2-3 can be added to for actuals:

Tuesday 24C

Wednesday 27C 

Thursday 28C

Friday 27C

Saturday 24C

Sunday 23C

Monday 26C

For East Midlands, in general you can add a couple of degrees to that on most days, several more on the Monday

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

Raw temps from ECM for the West Midlands area, which as you know I believe 2-3 can be added to for actuals:

Tuesday 24C

Wednesday 27C 

Thursday 28C

Friday 27C

Saturday 24C

Sunday 23C

Monday 26C

For East Midlands, in general you can add a couple of degrees to that on most days, several more on the Monday

Perfect nice and hot!!anywhere between 25-30 degrees for a week after adding a couple of degrees to the forecasted temps?☀️⚡

• Like 4

Posted
32 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Perfect nice and hot!!anywhere between 25-30 degrees for a week after adding a couple of degrees to the forecasted temps?☀️⚡

I think the ECM op is at the more extreme end, though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

The heat is on...It's coming -- whether we like it or not! image.thumb.png.87b5ea99b232682f55b1278d5b19c98c.png

• Like 7

Posted
1 hour ago, General Cluster said:

The heat is on...It's coming -- whether we like it or not! image.thumb.png.87b5ea99b232682f55b1278d5b19c98c.png

And going by the looks of GFS this evening...

• Like 2

Posted

Make the most of the heat for the three days this week cos that is one ugly looking chart at 150 hours!!and i got a feeling the ecm will bring us back down to earth tomorrow!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer
3 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Make the most of the heat for the three days this week cos that is one ugly looking chart at 150 hours!!and i got a feeling the ecm will bring us back down to earth tomorrow!!

Which chart? Can you post it... And as I've been told many many many many many many many many times myself .....stop getting so hung on charts beyond 72 hours. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Thought that it would be short burst yesterday when i looking at various charts, not surprised, best to make the most of it, though still too many days ahead for any accuracy. 

1B4913A2-E091-4021-B7E7-6AC46B41CCD6.png

Edited by DIS1970

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Well you know what I’m glad Gfs shows this on the pub run . Why? Because One it’s Gfs and two It’s normally wrong .

1B4913A2-E091-4021-B7E7-6AC46B41CCD6.png

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1