Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - Into Summer 2020.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
1 hour ago, johnholmes said:

A very odd looking NOAA 6-10 day outlook last evening, chart below.

It appears to have moved the low centre from about 30W to around 10E, not possible of course so treat the above chart with suspicion!

I dont understand this, can you explain it further please.. from my pov these charts appear to be evolving smoothly , so i must be misunderstanding something..

Posted
1 hour ago, mathematician said:

If you like hot weather you will be pleased looking at the model today. In the long run it seems like summer it's going to come back with a vengeance! 

At what timescale?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

2C290B0F-492E-4F6D-B2DA-6CAC88668162.thumb.png.f77d79bf9b1e9165c779a25258535060.png

The op style progression is in cluster 3....flatter option still preferred at the moment, but this one needs watching. Cluster 2 sort of in between. 

Posted
1 hour ago, mushymanrob said:

I dont understand this, can you explain it further please.. from my pov these charts appear to be evolving smoothly , so i must be misunderstanding something..

Hi m

I'll double check it's not me hallucinating and send a pm

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, johnholmes said:

Hi m

I'll double check it's not me hallucinating and send a pm

the GFS EC mean are similar... to the NOAA .. hence my confusion here.

http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/ECMWF_0z/hgtcomp.html

Posted
1 hour ago, mushymanrob said:

image.thumb.png.8e0e727574a5813d02343bb5819fc172.pngLooking slightly better in 14 days time. image.thumb.png.5bfd85d3f2bb50411c46cf6d2aa64178.png

Edited by NApplewhite
  • Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

the GFS EC mean are similar... to the NOAA .. hence my confusion here.

http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/ECMWF_0z/hgtcomp.html

In my pm mushy

Posted
1 hour ago, NApplewhite said:

image.thumb.png.8e0e727574a5813d02343bb5819fc172.pngLooking slightly better in 14 days time. image.thumb.png.5bfd85d3f2bb50411c46cf6d2aa64178.png

Sadly no anomaly support (for anything longer then a short ridging event)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer

Just viewed the current cfs run right out to end of July and its not a pretty sight - It would be below average CET for July and above average rainfall if this came off.  Looks like high autumn than high summer.  

WWW.METEOCIEL.FR

Meteociel propose le modèle deterministe GEM

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)

There’s some quite misleading charts from the Gfs 6z operational which would have you believe there were widespread storms going on right now..but the reality is there are only a few dotted around at the moment with many areas fine and sunny with just  some fair weather / high cloud..this doesn’t preclude the possibility that the storms will become more numerous in the coming hours!⛈️

D7BAB8E0-16E9-4F94-8ED4-70ABA7112BE0.thumb.png.274fe13e32a0edb191ed5245215ebfc8.pngF044F94F-568F-486F-9602-C482C60EB3ED.thumb.png.79442a98b4fe23ed23d378d0bb979a2f.pngAAD3D3EB-6ECB-44DE-BCCC-991EFA2DED4D.thumb.png.d8abedee251d26c9dbcdf42cdf9a17f8.png

Edited by JON SNOW
  • Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, 38.7°C said:

Just viewed the current cfs run right out to end of July and its not a pretty sight - It would be below average CET for July and above average rainfall if this came off.  Looks like high autumn than high summer.  

WWW.METEOCIEL.FR

One of the problems with CFS is that it gets an idea and just runs with it. You see it in the winter months where one day its predicted a 1963 rehash and the next day its suggesting 1988.

My reading of the current output is that its largely normal fare for the time of year. Drier and warmer the further SE you go which was ever thus. Don't rule out some heat in the south either as only takes subtle tweaks to get the temps up at this time of year.  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.
1 hour ago, 38.7°C said:

WWW.METEOCIEL.FR

I wouldn't take to much notice mate.. I posted CFS charts just a few days ago that was pointing to lovely Conditions into next mid month. If your gonna be Influenced by longer range models stick with ECMWF.. yes it can be wrong, but it's certainly more on the ball than CFS and doesn't suffer from these major wild swings in output that CFS tends to suffer. Looking at the EXETER update seems pretty consistent with the main model also, certainly looks to be some decent conditions at times through July.. @JON SNOW yes mate today's forecast as been a little wide of the mark, heavy thundery downpours have not materialised at all, instead clear blue skies and Hot.. Just goes to show how difficult the detail can be in forecasting even at short range. 

Edited by MATT☀️
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Perhaps Monday's GFS 12Z will come as bit of relief, for some of us... 28C is a tad warm, for working on the ground; 20C is better::oldgrin:

h500slp.png    h850t850eu.png

• Like 6

Posted
7 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

Some signs of improvement starting to show up around 144. Both GFS and UKMO are better than their 0z offerings.

Indeed, Dj... and, by Friday things are starting to look quite good. Still too early to be getting carried-away though::oldgrin:

h500slp.png    h850t850eu.png

• Like 8

Posted
2 hours ago, johnholmes said:

How likely is CFS likely to be correct at that distance, one would not need even the fingers on one hand for the % figure!

The CFS showed June as pretty poor and it's been pretty decent. It actually shows July as broadly similar to June to my eyes.

• Like 1

Posted
43 minutes ago, MATT☀️ said:

The GEM ends  just smashing.. And just quickly to add from me on those terrible events in Scotland, hope all our regular scottish members are OK, because that's an horrific event that can affect many people, what with Covid, BLM and now this, RIP to those who lost there lives.. Sad events just lately, hopefully the weather will be cheering us up again very shortly.. ☀️

gem-0-216.png

gem-0-240 (1).png

gem-1-240 (1).png

tenor-26.gif

And the GEFS 12Z ensembles are nae bad, either, Matt. Some right stonkers in there -- that I'm sure @JON SNOW will soon expand upon::oldgood:

t850Bedfordshire.png    prmslBedfordshire.png

t2mBedfordshire.png    prcpBedfordshire.png

And the NH profiles;

npsh500mean-006.png    npsh500mean-096.png

npsh500mean-240.png    npsh500mean-384.png

Nice to see the nascent Scandi trough simply disappear too! image.png.ec2f8425a9cf876bd28a0f393aebbf02.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

It’s been a few days since the Mighty Navgem had an outing and it ends quite nicely .

6E70A202-BE30-49DC-A520-EFE54374EAD0.png

• Like 5