Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - Into Summer 2020.

Posted
1 minute ago, Man With Beard said:

ECM individual ensembles generally not so interested in maintaining heat late in to the run - the majority clear out the heat Thursday/Friday, some even earlier - only a few are still hot into the weekend. 

Yes, i personally don't expect this to be a protracted hot spell,still to much forcing from the Atlantic to allow for that at present.

Still, a nice little 4 or 5 day warm spell , would be lovely to see some thunderstorms as the airmasses collide later next week,perhaps.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, cold!

ECM 12z parallel at T144:

image.thumb.jpg.53356cd78508fb5ab758c3907dfc868d.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.69d9bd40e8ca618d2a99625931959e5f.jpg

+16 uppers there.  The heat is shifted away after as per the op run and indeed ensembles, but the middle of next week looks hot, by pretty much all model output.  Given long range thoughts at the beginning of the month, when talk of a resurgence of hot weather about mid month was mooted by various of us, we are actually only going to be a week or so behind that.  Going further forward, As AAM starts to rise, I think periods of settled and hot weather interspersed with thundery breakdowns will follow into July, so that's all good!  (If you like that sort of weather).

Edited by Mike Poole
  • Like 9

Posted

I’m just curious but why do people think it’s clever to switch between C and F, is it just for a reaction?   

For what it’s worth next week looks good for the south, 30c is possible Wednesday through Saturday.  

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

Having just logged on, I see a trend developing here, the later I view the runs the better they are!  Absolute corkers today, with the ECM being the 'worst' run, but still highly desirable. 

The only question for the next week is whether it's going to get hot or very hot  

Onto the pub run 

• Like 7

Posted

By and large, the 18z GFS is very similar to the 12z out to 120.  Slight changes with the depth and size of the low but really of little consequence thus far.  This is a warm chart for the majority of the UK

image.thumb.png.1296605f9211a5da0518d1172169a1df.pngimage.thumb.png.ca87d9ec79c55dab5b41169fc5937d77.png 

This for next Tuesday afternoon with warmth building for the coming days.

image.thumb.png.485cc006753e8a0a444e196a4dfdc6bd.png

Edited by Ice Day
  • Like 6

Posted

Looks like this GFS will move in the next Azores High so quickly that the plume is shoved away on Thursday. 

A hot Tuesday and Wednesday looks fairly certain, the rest is still to be worked out imo. 

EDIT! well I spoke far too soon, the plume makes a comeback on Friday / Saturday! 

Edited by Man With Beard
  • Like 4

Posted
8 minutes ago, Ice Day said:

By and large, the 18z GFS is very similar to the 12z out to 120.  Slight changes with the depth and size of the low but really of little consequence thus far.  This is a warm chart for the majority of the UK

image.thumb.png.1296605f9211a5da0518d1172169a1df.pngimage.thumb.png.ca87d9ec79c55dab5b41169fc5937d77.png 

This for next Tuesday afternoon with warmth building for the coming days.

image.thumb.png.485cc006753e8a0a444e196a4dfdc6bd.png

How on earth are temperatures only 21 22 across most places with 850 temps of 12 degrees!!unless theres cloud cover?

Posted
1 minute ago, sheikhy said:

How on earth are temperatures only 21 22 across most places with 850 temps of 12 degrees!!unless theres cloud cover?

It could be that, but it's getting hotter as the week progresses - this for Wednesday

image.thumb.png.8e3ee38d737220cd499941d3916fad26.png

Overall, not as good as the afternoon runs but fine details beyond 120 are still to be decided.  The direction of travel is still looking very good for most on here, if warmth and sunshine is your thing

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Lovely run again from the 18z, not quite as hot but that's a good thing really as far as I am concerned, max temps mid/high 20's instead of low 30's. But the HP reasserts itself here at T186 and prolongs the warm/hot spell, a few on here mentioned that this has a fair chance of happening so could the settled weather continue into July? The Atlantic ain't done with yet, so watch this space. 

gfs-0-186.png

gfs-1-186.png

gfs-9-186.png

Edited by snowray
  • Like 3

Posted
11 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

There's an error on the charts - Friday 8am is 29C!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
1 minute ago, Man With Beard said:

There's an error on the charts - Friday 8am is 29C!

Yes they are wrong after about T138.

Posted
1 hour ago, Portsmouth Sun said:

I’m just curious but why do people think it’s clever to switch between C and F, is it just for a reaction?   

For what it’s worth next week looks good for the south, 30c is possible Wednesday through Saturday.  

Daily Mail now use it. They say it’s back to British pre EU. Fair enough, except Fahrenheit was of course German and the SI units include of course Celsius. I had to laugh at the daily mail say it was as British as Fish and Chips, Herr Fahrenheit. Anyway, fine in itself and ok if you want it, but meteorology outside USA won’t be using the German Scientists scale in the future.

• Like 1

Posted

Thundery blip on Sunday evening, just for our entertainment a bit of a light show after a hot day particularly in the southeast, followed by the Azores high moving up just in time for the start of July. 

gfs-0-240.png

gfs-1-240.png

gfs-9-234.png

gfs-2-240.png

gfs-0-270.png

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Not bad this run, Not bad at all. 

F71EC621-1BEA-4571-8200-9A4E63DDEAC4.png

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 6

Posted

I would imagine 18z is a best case scenario for summer lovers.

Hoping we see a trend for the Azores high to re-ridge in,it might mean the real heat is removed slightly quicker but on the other side of the coin will likely extend the settled weather..

• Like 7

Posted

This has got to be the best run of the summer so far, in my books anyway. Azores high starting to assert some control and temps rising back up again very quickly.

gfs-0-306.png

gfs-2-306.png

gfs-1-306.png

gfs-9-306.png

gfs-0-318.png

• Like 7

Posted
8 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Hoping we see a trend for the Azores high to re-ridge in,it might mean the real heat is removed slightly quicker but on the other side of the coin will likely extend the settled weather..

I prefer this extended version that includes more areas of the country and temps in the mid 20's than a couple of days of extreme heat and humidity any day of the week.

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

I think this is exactly the thought I’ve had these week. Teleconnections aside, as I have serious concerns about the posts I see saying AAM is expected to be positive, so British Isles are going to be high pressure magnets. I think the  slack trough/upper low to the WNW and south that meandered is receding, leaves a vacuum that the jet temporarily aligns to, but the over riding pressure patter suggests a jet stream suppressed in the Atlantic, and with that north of here as it exists only where differentials exist, sea surface temps suggest this to me, with feedback from that reinforcement as continent heats up.. If the ground continues to dry out, over seasonal norms, well late July or early August could toy with breaking daily temps, but I’m thinking night time temps will hit the news mid summer given the sea surface temps, lower heights at the surface, given the lack of pressure gradient with a more northerly jet, a thundery humid second half of summer Is ver much on the cards and we just got a baby version of that this week

• Like 2