Jump to content
Thunder?
Local
Radar
Pollen

Storms and Convective discussion - 1st June 2020onwards


Recommended Posts

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
Posted
  • Location: Hoyland,barnsley,south yorkshire(100m asl)
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
  • Location: Hoyland,barnsley,south yorkshire(100m asl)
    2 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

    There is the cat and fiddle web cam, if you tap the image it clicks to an image of flash, tap it again you then get an image out over the cheshire plain to the Dee estuary, I think it refreshes every minute, for some reason my tablet wont download the cam.  I wondered if any of the Wrexham cell can be picked up on it.

    Webcamn200.thumb.jpg.a95901717da0886f47a29e71eb756041.jpg

    • Like 1
    • Thanks 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Stoke-on-Trent, Norton. 549ft (167m) ASL
  • Location: Stoke-on-Trent, Norton. 549ft (167m) ASL
    8 minutes ago, stormwatcher20 said:

    Hi all, got this photo of lightning with a rainbow, from yesterday's storm. Thought I'd share ?

     

    lightning-rainbow.jpg

    I remember seeing that one, happened a few mins before the rain blasted through!  

     

    (Yes, I have a weird memory ? )

    • Like 4
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Wrexham,NE Wales - 89m
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny Summers/Cold Wintry Winters
  • Location: Wrexham,NE Wales - 89m

    Got some videos of the storm so will sort out uploading a few later on. 

    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Stoke-on-Trent
  • Location: Stoke-on-Trent
    4 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

    I remember seeing that one, happened a few mins before the rain blasted through!  

     

    (Yes, I have a weird memory ? )

    Yeah, it literally came out of nowhere! It's not very often you see lightning and a rainbow, especially the lightning going through the rainbow, haha.

    Was a great little storm, moved past quite fast though.

    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Stoke-on-Trent, Norton. 549ft (167m) ASL
  • Location: Stoke-on-Trent, Norton. 549ft (167m) ASL

    So muggy here right now, 22C, DP 16C Humidity almost 80% urgh..... need a good storm to clear the air ? 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Herne Bay, Kent (14m, 45.9ft)
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow
  • Location: Herne Bay, Kent (14m, 45.9ft)
    2 hours ago, Xanderp009 said:

    Found a spot to view the storms that miss me

    Hate to mention Xander but you're looking over the sea in the complete wrong direction for Southend.

    Southend is on the other side of the pier not looking out to the wind farms over Neptunes Arm.

    .image.thumb.png.df4ba13eb0b8f33ce0ad550385a97b1d.png

    You can faintly see it in the distance there.

    image.thumb.png.b2f03eeeabfdafcf8872bac164c2967c.png

    Better up-close below.

    image.thumb.png.8b62a5585352a3c9b497d5bb3fa07140.png

    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: King’s Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
  • Location: King’s Lynn, Norfolk.

    Afternoon all. Some wicked convection today, but most of the activity out to the west. Been busy today, so couldn’t get out chasing. 

    Tomorrow looks to be a more active day for eastern parts, more so than today, so I could maybe hit the road, if I have to! 

    • Like 2
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Wallasey, Wirral (Formerly Exmouth,Devon)
  • Location: Wallasey, Wirral (Formerly Exmouth,Devon)

    Distant rumblings heard to the south west side of the wirral

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Walsall, West Midlands 135m/442ft ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.
  • Location: Walsall, West Midlands 135m/442ft ASL

    Very warm and humid in the sun, but we are right next to the CZ and back building of the line of storms through the West Midlands and East Wales, it is developing right over Walsall currently and seems to be back building closer to us in the Black Country as can be seen on the radar, here as some towers i caught as its developing, although they were much larger than they look in the images.

    103965117_3116200391760720_970638426150659868_n.jpg

    104039512_655708221825100_2380427073237331656_n.jpg

    Edited by Sparkiee storm
    • Like 9
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: NW London
  • Weather Preferences: Convective Weather and Snow
  • Location: NW London
    2 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

    Afternoon all. Some wicked convection today, but most of the activity out to the west. Been busy today, so couldn’t get out chasing. 

    Tomorrow looks to be a more active day for eastern parts, more so than today, so I could maybe hit the road, if I have to! 

    For that matter the whole of this week looks active, with lots of opportunities looking likely for lots of places so I can't wait!

    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Shrewsbury
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...
  • Location: Shrewsbury

    Well I’m at the end of my little chase today, went across to Whitchurch and down A49 though another small storm and back to where I started where it’s 18 degree still and still feels oppressive. 

    Now looking back west To the storms building on the M54 corridor. Photo take three mins apart to show how they are building. Photos below. 

    Great fun in Shropshire today when the big beast came through. 

     

     

    2E1C714D-8BCC-4AA4-9EE9-076EAEF6AF31.jpeg

    DFE988FA-970E-46F5-A17C-46EB8761732F.jpeg

    • Like 5
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Leigh On Sea - Essex & Tornado Alley
  • Location: Leigh On Sea - Essex & Tornado Alley
    4 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

    So muggy here right now, 22C, DP 16C Humidity almost 80% urgh..... need a good storm to clear the air ? 

    You are in a fantastic position. Watch the moisture pool of where these storms have fired, always the same spot either SW, West or North West of Wolverhampton. That will continue to happen as the southerlies but into the easterlies and lift north. It will eventually join up and make a line with the stuff off to your east over Leicester way.

    Would love to be in Stoke right now not a quote often heard I would imagine lol

    • Like 8
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Halewood, Merseyside, (29M ASL)
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
  • Location: Halewood, Merseyside, (29M ASL)

    Think I can just about here the storm over the west wirral. May hear it a bit better as it heads to the west of Me

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: London
  • Weather Preferences: Lighting and sunshine
  • Location: London
    13 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

    I remember seeing that one, happened a few mins before the rain blasted through!  

     

    (Yes, I have a weird memory ? )

    USA, Europe Europe, Asia, Australasia: "Hey buddy, I remember seeing that storm too."

    UK: "I remember seeing that IC"

    • Like 3
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Stoke-on-Trent, Norton. 549ft (167m) ASL
  • Location: Stoke-on-Trent, Norton. 549ft (167m) ASL
    3 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

    ...

    Would love to be in Stoke right now not a quote often heard I would imagine lol

    You have no idea how right you are. (it's normally the reverse ? )

    2 minutes ago, Chris Lea-Alex said:

    USA, Europe Europe, Asia, Australasia: "Hey buddy, I remember seeing that storm too."

    UK: "I remember seeing that IC"

    Probably because of how rare they are ? 

    Edited by Ryukai
    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Woodchurch, Kent.
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorm.
  • Location: Woodchurch, Kent.
    10 minutes ago, Jamiee said:

    Hate to mention Xander but you're looking over the sea in the complete wrong direction for Southend.

    Southend is on the other side of the pier not looking out to the wind farms over Neptunes Arm.

    .image.thumb.png.df4ba13eb0b8f33ce0ad550385a97b1d.png

    You can faintly see it in the distance there.

    image.thumb.png.b2f03eeeabfdafcf8872bac164c2967c.png

    Better up-close below.

    image.thumb.png.8b62a5585352a3c9b497d5bb3fa07140.png

    Well where could i see then? 

    Edited by Xanderp009
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Birmingham, Harborne 160 asl
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus
  • Location: Birmingham, Harborne 160 asl

    Chunkyboi developing nicely....surprisngly quiet

    1281212988_4008.thumb.jpg.d971fe0434c7aa8f86aa14e88dae9fb2.jpg

     

    • Like 9
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Gourock, Scotland
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
  • Location: Gourock, Scotland

    Forty five pages to catch up on since my last visit in here...looking forward to seeing all the pictures/videos! ?

    Got a supercell brewing to my North West at the moment...think a tornado warning will be issued shortly. ?

    Expecting a strong tornado from this within the next hour...EF3 or above. ??

    0204A91D-EB59-44B9-8FE0-E8475A67D6C1.thumb.jpeg.e397d2950b12101ef0000bf3b92b487f.jpeg

    • Like 4
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Belper, Derbyshire
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
  • Location: Belper, Derbyshire
    7 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

    You are in a fantastic position. Watch the moisture pool of where these storms have fired, always the same spot either SW, West or North West of Wolverhampton. That will continue to happen as the southerlies but into the easterlies and lift north. It will eventually join up and make a line with the stuff off to your east over Leicester way.

    Would love to be in Stoke right now not a quote often heard I would imagine lol

    I am currently just northwest of Stoke. Maybe I should hang about for  bit. Or would you advise heading South?

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Guest
    This topic is now closed to further replies.
     Share

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...