Storms and Convective discussion - 1st June 2020onwards

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A quick recap of my day, without getting too waffly. It has been an absolute classic and my favourite/most successful chase so far. - started fairly benign as I failed to get a good handle on the

100% Bonafide Supercell no doubting that whatsoever 35knts of flow, Moved right of the deviant steering flow Killed off anything that came near it Like most Supercells massive uptick in

Nice little thunderstorm finally drought is over!  London webcams: I grabbed this!!! 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Supacell said:

Both of them options available to me and it looks like the Nottingham to Preston one may offer me slightly greater rewards, so I may head for that one

could be heading out too, basing in manchester.....

Beginning to notice the odd speck of orange (hail) showing up on the weather radar's weather type setting at the center of some of the storms... could the cap be breaking already?

1 minute ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

You’re wasting your time if you’re looking for thunder or lightning.

More than welcome to stare at some distant clouds if that’s your thing ?

Lol and he is wasting his time if he is looking towards Southend as well. Its drier than Death Valley in these thar parts

• Like 1

Cell between Tamworth and Burton is producing, and more cells building to the east of it.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

Lol and he is wasting his time if he is looking towards Southend as well. Its drier than Death Valley in these thar parts

Unless he thinks the sea is a puddle?

the only chance anywhere near that region is up near Kings Lynn and around Lincs. But only one person can see that far... ?

Edited by Flash bang flash bang etc
  • Like 4
4 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Unless he thinks the sea is a puddle?

the only chance anywhere near that region is up near Kings Lynn and around Lincs. But only one person can see that far... 

CALLING ZAK

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Chris.R said:

good insolation here for awhile. 21.2°C. DP 14.8

Same here garden shade temp at 21° too.  Feeling much warmer than yesterday, cloud growth greater in height too.  Similar pattern to yesterday, storms developing south/south west of Macc, at the moment Shropshire,  we will see if they go west of me and straight on to you again.  I would like one a bit closer today though.  I love the anticipation.

• Like 1

Clouds rapidly shooting up to my NW (Crewe/Nantwich direction) pileus on almost all the towers! My phone cameras too crap to see them as they are too far away T_T 

• Like 4

This storm is mental. Came west of Shrewsbury now still south of it and out of the  rain. And it’s Constantly thundering right above us and flashes of lightening to the the north . CHs. Purple. 

Crazy. Rain coming so might have to move again. 

1E9920DA-D7AE-4DC1-859E-8721D1B51ADE.png

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Supacell said:

Cell between Tamworth and Burton is producing, and more cells building to the east of it.

Yes it is, sat in my garden listening to it @ Swadlincote listening to it, also just heard a very deep rumble from my southeast which must be the one just to the west of Leicester that appears to be on a direct hit for me

2 minutes ago, kev f said:

Yes it is, sat in my garden listening to it @ Swadlincote listening to it, also just heard a very deep rumble from my southeast which must be the one just to the west of Leicester that appears to be on a direct hit for me

image.thumb.png.a28405bd645394b317474639e0ea11d7.pngthis is your storm!

3 minutes ago, kev f said:

IF that thing stops back building eastwards and starts moving forwards properly again It'd end up being a direct hit for me now. ?