Snow?

Storms and Convective discussion - 1st June 2020onwards

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A quick recap of my day, without getting too waffly. It has been an absolute classic and my favourite/most successful chase so far. - started fairly benign as I failed to get a good handle on the

100% Bonafide Supercell no doubting that whatsoever 35knts of flow, Moved right of the deviant steering flow Killed off anything that came near it Like most Supercells massive uptick in

Nice little thunderstorm finally drought is over!  London webcams: I grabbed this!!! 

Posted Images

Storm 4 of the summer just rolled by here in swansea. We have been spoilt so far. This just dumped alot of rain, gusty wind and some  thunder!20200605_182512.thumb.jpg.b7acee44ea2d7d40c89e80d4e7a30de3.jpg20200605_182819.thumb.jpg.fff527154cfb8b691e212ced1c6b56a4.jpg

Edited by Marcus_surfer
  • Like 6
1 minute ago, Marcus_surfer said:

Storm 4 of the summer just rolled by here in swansea. We have been spoilt so far. This just dumped alot of rain, gusty wind and some and thunder!20200605_182512.thumb.jpg.b7acee44ea2d7d40c89e80d4e7a30de3.jpg20200605_182819.thumb.jpg.fff527154cfb8b691e212ced1c6b56a4.jpg

Wow nice capture ?

The Cone of Silence (SE Essex) somehow managed to dodge the showers as well today, most were west, quite a few to the North and South and some off the estuary to the east. Rainfall received was once again Trace Value

Cells have sparked up over the Mendips. If the radar comes to fruition I might get more rain in half an hour than the last 6 odd weeks!

BBC News - Lightning strike sets house on fire in Gowerton, Swansea

_93536696_firefighterjacket.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

The roof of the property is "well alight" after being hit by lighting.

Following the storm that rolled through earlier, a lightning strike has hit a house in the swansea area. No casualties were reported but the fire quickly spread and there is no roof left on the house with severe damage reported.

Some thunder heard today over Norwich and a reasonable amount of rain. After that I chased in between 2 cells, 1 heading towards Yarmouth and the other Lowestoft after noticing a cell earlier began to rotate on radar just before it went out to sea in Lowestoft. So I was hoping that these storms behind it would have done the same. The one towards Lowestoft looked reasonable but didn't really get to see anything too noteworthy unfortunately and storms were weakening the further east they got. However, it's nice to see the skies stormy for a change. Some nice cloudscapes. Ended up at Lowestoft then went to Yarmouth and back to Norwich.

Edit: another potential storm day tomorrow by the looks of it. Looking forward to what CW's outlook will be.

Edited by Greeny
  • Like 1