• Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

We have lift-off in Cork.

cork.png

Edited by Zak M
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
2 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

Anybody know how Leeds and Manchester are looking tonight, not much on radar right now. Clouds have started to tower but are not dark.

Someone posted something about a warning for severe weather... but the cap will be stubborn over the north for a while yet, so the likelihood of something significant seems slim

• Like 1

Posted

I've been sat out on the field here overlooking the Peaks with Manchester to the north, and although the cumulus is building into towers at times there's just a bit too much capping to allow anything to break through just yet. Usually by evening time the cap erodes so i'll be a bit more optimistic of seeing something local at around 6pm - 9pm. Plenty of lift around though, as seen with a few pileus layers.

DSC_0009.thumb.JPG.ce6a5920301e363a006884d0b650b4f7.JPGDSC_0005.thumb.JPG.69aa4c318b4272241f380ce9484f7d34.JPG

• Like 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, Zak M said:

We have lift-off in Cork.

...and off the coast of Folkestone 

Posted

These are the views North and North West of Macclesfield.  Manchester TAF has broken clouds at a height of 1,200ft, cumulonimbus.  Humidity at 53%.  My garden thermometer not read above 20° today.  Towers to my south, but too built up for a decent photo. No signs of anything punching through the cap.

IMG_20200613_154205.jpg

IMG_20200613_154153.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
16 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Euro 4 yet again was onto that NE French development since last night, and hasn’t budged. 

Best performing model by a mile. Who knows what could happen now. 

UKV showed it on yesterday's 12Z.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Is the cap forecast to weaken or hold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Heat

Is Lincoln looking like getting anything today or/if things develop they will stay to the west side

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

A storm is nearing.

20200613_162912.jpg

20200613_162919.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

Good view looking east towards Kent from Eastbourne - a windswept anvil from the Dover cell on the right with mammatus and new Cumulus Congestus development to the north of it...may bode well for north Kent / Essex later?

IMG_20200613_162242_2.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Sky to my west is looking awesome. Robust looking convection is trying to break the cap!

1991E13E-9577-4CF5-B52F-244FB66DDEDF.jpeg

295B1DA4-84EE-435F-932A-30039E58629F.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

Watching the satellite south of Le Harve with interest. There's growth there, and while not especially spectacular, that would seem to be the area to keep an eye on if you're also in CS England.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

I've been sat out on the field here overlooking the Peaks with Manchester to the north, and although the cumulus is building into towers at times there's just a bit too much capping to allow anything to break through just yet. Usually by evening time the cap erodes so i'll be a bit more optimistic of seeing something local at around 6pm - 9pm. Plenty of lift around though, as seen with a few pileus layers.

DSC_0009.thumb.JPG.ce6a5920301e363a006884d0b650b4f7.JPGDSC_0005.thumb.JPG.69aa4c318b4272241f380ce9484f7d34.JPG

Yes I'm thinking of heading to Jawbone Hill in an hour or so to watch the evening skies and chill out. Hopefully something will develop in the distance as dusk falls.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

20200613_163912.thumb.jpg.b408f8d88a1c995e64c2ca2cb89f54b4.jpg

Some development in south wales

• Like 1

Posted

Not being funny here but I generally think that I can see an anvil to my SE...

• Like 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, Jim Halpert said:

Yes I'm thinking of heading to Jawbone Hill in an hour or so to watch the evening skies and chill out. Hopefully something will develop in the distance as dusk falls.

Sounds like a plan, i'm thinking Sponds Moor near Lyme Park as it's just round the corner from here and offers extensive views out across parts of Staff, most (if not all) of Cheshire, Manchester, and the north Peaks. It all depends on the severity of the *potential* storms aswell as visibility factors. Fingers crossed though.

• Like 1

Just now, SNOW_JOKE said:

Sounds like a plan, i'm thinking Sponds Moor near Lyme Park as it's just round the corner from here and offers extensive views out across parts of Staff, most (if not all) of Cheshire, Manchester, and the north Peaks. It all depends on the severity of the *potential* storms aswell as visibility factors. Fingers crossed though.

Yeah I'm not wanting to drive far as it just isn't a high enough risk today for storms. I figure a short drive will yield nice cloudscapes even if it is a bust (most likely)  Fingers crossed though, as you say!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
3 minutes ago, Zak M said:

Not being funny here but I generally think that I can see an anvil to my SE...

I will keep my eye out as I sit high up as well, you may be looking at either the shower in East London or the Dover cell. Storms are weakening across the channel, but just noticed in the last update they look to possibly expanding once across.

• Like 1