Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 1st June 2020onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

51B89881-FE3B-48F5-857D-0F7B113C6CA4.thumb.png.d5611fa8dd69686fa1ff30717f8d2691.png
This afternoon we had a few flashes and rumbles with one particular (very loud) rumble! Heavy rain at times too. Not complaining!

• Like 7

Posted
49 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Damn, that must’ve been like microburst style. 

Anyone here ever experienced a proper microburst before? Seen a few videos of them in the US. Dangerous and crazy doesn’t cut it! 

There was one that ripped through Newcastle (Staffordshire) a few years back.  Was at work at the time so didn't get to see the direct hit (the warehouse that I was working at doesn't have windows) but got to see the aftermath on the way home, and you could hear the warehouse walls rattling.  The roof sounding like it was trying to come off (they even sent everyone down from the very top mezzanine floor just below the roof, so it must have been bad for them to halt the picking ) 

Our shift finished about an hour later and on the way home there were trees down everywhere, roads were full of branches, and were so flooded in parts that we had to turn around to find another way.  There were house sale signs that had been ripped up and sent flying too.  Was absolute bedlam!

And yes, there was the generic trampoline that had ended up beside the road (a couple of them actually

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Working be Rochester tomo. Will probably hang around afterwards and save chasing back out later (it’s about 70 miles east of where we live). Will be a long old afternoon but provided I’ve got the laptop and a pillow it shouldn’t be too bad

Edited by Flash bang flash bang etc
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Still some interesting clouds around now even though there’s nothing else on the radar. 

DE206ED1-AEBA-4FFD-AE19-D0EBD9F358C7.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
1 hour ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Damn, that must’ve been like microburst style. 

Anyone here ever experienced a proper microburst before? Seen a few videos of them in the US. Dangerous and crazy doesn’t cut it! 

I've been in a few. I think that the two best examples I have been in off the top of my head were 28th June 2012 and 27th July 2018. Both in Lincolnshire.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
9 minutes ago, A.J said:

It's been a looooooong time since I posted on NW, but the living leg-end is back, and is watching the hi-res models with interest for the period covering the next 48 hours !.....An active front spilling up from the south tomorrow morning with some possible elevated embedded convection, and then all eyes on what fires over Northern France/Benelux tomorrow evening 

Alright bud?! Long time no El Gordo!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
10 minutes ago, A.J said:

It's been a looooooong time since I posted on NW, but the living leg-end is back, and is watching the hi-res models with interest for the period covering the next 48 hours !.....An active front spilling up from the south tomorrow morning with some possible elevated embedded convection, and then all eyes on what fires over Northern France/Benelux tomorrow evening 

Is that you Aj poolshark?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
13 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Is that you Aj poolshark?

ya ya ya 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
Just now, A.J said:

ya ya ya 

Long time no here,welcome back

Posted
2 minutes ago, A.J said:

so, what's new?.....I see the Sherminator's still here......a genuine storm chasing legend that man.......flash bang, Harry, Dan, EES91, snow-joke....nice to see some familiar faces......but the most important question is 'was there any Ac Cas in Newton Poppleford today ?' 

William Grimsley has been missing for quite some time!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms
2 minutes ago, A.J said:

so, what's new?.....I see the Sherminator's still here......a genuine storm chasing legend that man.......flash bang, Harry, Dan, EES91, snow-joke....nice to see some familiar faces......but the most important question is 'was there any Ac Cas in Newton Poppleford today ?' 

Oh don't you start hahaha! I haven't seen him in here in an awful long time now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
8 minutes ago, A.J said:

Welcome back @A.J good to see you about. Can’t say re AcCas in Newton Poppleford but it was grim as hell Bexley all day today here’s hoping for something in the coming days, but I think we’d all better off waving a divining rod rather than look at any of the models...shocking stuff really.

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
7 minutes ago, Harry said:

Welcome back @A.J good to see you about. Can’t say re AcCas in Newton Poppleford but it was grim as hell Bexley all day today here’s hoping for something in the coming days, but I think we’d all better off waving a diving rod rather than look at any of the models...shocking stuff really.

@Zak M will be able to see those AcCas towers from his house, you know? Meanwhile, it's sleeting in Newton Poppleford!:gathering:

Edited by General Cluster
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells, snow, thunder snow, tornadoes
Just now, viking_smb said:

why would he want to sue the met office? 

Good question

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
5 minutes ago, Charlie Harnett said:

Good question

To cut a long story short. Devon was under a warning for storms, but they failed to initiate. It was over a bust! 

Mr Grimsleys emotions ran slightly high lol. 

• Like 8

Posted
Just now, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

To cut a long story short. Devon was under a warning for storms, but they failed to initiate. It was over a bust! 

Mr Grimsleys emotions ran slightly high lol. 

haha, really, lol, serious note, i'm not sure what the plan is tomorrow night with regarding storms, I dont think they will affect us in south wales more like north wales probably. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
4 minutes ago, viking_smb said:

haha, really, lol, serious note, i'm not sure what the plan is tomorrow night with regarding storms, I dont think they will affect us in south wales more like north wales probably. 

I do believe that stuff currently over the NE Pyrenees is what is meant to end up round here by tomorrow night and early hours of Sat. 

Going to be a fun day of radar watching and viewing Sat 24 from the word go! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Latest UKV is absolute shambles.