Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Storms and Convective discussion - 1st June 2020onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, strong winds
    5 minutes ago, Harry said:

Indeed, not sure what to think about it. MetO, WRF-NMM, ARÔME, Euro4 and NetWx all suggesting discrete cell development around the London area from around 21z...that’ll be interesting given the crudfest we have at the moment.

Can’t complain though, we had a cracking start to the afternoon with that line of cells moving northwest. Really nice thunder with it so finally I’ve actually seen something out of this thundery spell ?

Edited by Oliver Wyndham-lewis
    • Like 1
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 5.1k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A quick recap of my day, without getting too waffly. It has been an absolute classic and my favourite/most successful chase so far. - started fairly benign as I failed to get a good handle on the

100% Bonafide Supercell no doubting that whatsoever 35knts of flow, Moved right of the deviant steering flow Killed off anything that came near it Like most Supercells massive uptick in

Nice little thunderstorm finally drought is over!  London webcams: I grabbed this!!! 

Posted Images

Posted
    2 minutes ago, mikeofmacc said:

Sure I've just heard a very distant rumble of thunder from the South East here in Macclesfield.

Not heard anything, but I've just been nattering on the phone.  It's very ominous to the south east, very grey, I hope we get something from this a little more substantial than a near miss. 

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Location: Home - Bexley, London/Kent border. Work - Cannon Street, C London
  • Location: Home - Bexley, London/Kent border. Work - Cannon Street, C London
    Just now, Oliver Wyndham-lewis said:

Can’t complain though, we had a cracking start to the afternoon with that line of cells moving northwest. Really nice thunder with it so finally I’ve actually seen something out of this thundery spell ?

Mostly mid level crackles and growls from my location sadly. Again, not complaining as some have had nothing, but equally I feel my storm urge has yet to be spent ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms, heatwaves, extreme weather

Never experienced anything quite like this. Currently at Trowell services after punching through the first storm. That was an exhilarating drive north!

Second storm passing through Notts has given some hail and a likely microburst as well with the entrance to the services flooded. Never seen rain rates like it ? Still rumbling away and throwing it down.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Constant night time lightning, no trees
    skynews-sheffield-house_5015282.jpg?2020
    NEWS.SKY.COM

Five fire crews were called to a house in Sheffield after a blaze broke out on the roof during a storm.

Oh geez

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, warm/hot plumes, snow, anything severe

• Like 8
    • Thanks 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: I live in Telford weather does not happen

The weather gods certainly are not smiling on us! Hopefully we get to see something this summer, been really unlucky this time around, storms all around but nothing really overhead. Had some heavy rain Sunday which flooded the garage, but no thunder, has some distant thunder Monday from the storm over Newport. Got to hear some deep booms from the Wolverhampton storm but that was it. My lad who I was trying to get interested in weather said it's boring and has gone to play minecraft, then he mocks me to say at least it thunders on my game ?

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: RACY, Extratropical Storm, Barocyclonic Leaf

It looks to be heading this way as it builds northwards and ominously dark looking to the SE. 

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Big cracks of thunder not far from here now with a few spots of rain

• Like 1
    Posted

been rumbling and thundering 30 mins, now heavy rain started.

also had several lighting flashes a few overhead

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

right over me now, 3rd time in 5 days, not as many flashes as last nights though

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Decent short Thunderstorm lasted around 30 mins, about 5 - 10 of really intense rain and loud, sometimes shotgun Thunder, and then the standard convective moderate/heavy rainfall after the main storm.

Posted

My job over tan so spent 6hrs up a Telecom's tower watching the cells to the west of Ipswich ho up and remain stationary, cool pic from a view most won't see below.

Final free to chase and it's died off, still trying and new cells fired up to my south

Screenshot_20200617-174606.png

IMAG2039.jpg

• Like 6
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms, heatwaves, extreme weather

Look at this beauty I'm under! Hoping it yields a nice photo as this monster storm clears west. Not yet though as it's still belting it down at Trowell services ⛈️

Screenshot_20200617-175310.png

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Looks like we brewing for Manchester again

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorm, downpours (Extremes)

Just had an extremely heavy rain showers drops were massive. Radar showed nearly 110mm.hr justs scraped me an hour ago. Deep and loud rumbles of thunder as well. i am loving this month so far. shame it will eventually come to an end. Has been epic though.

• Like 1
    Posted
    1 hour ago, Paul Sherman said:

Thats you out of the club then - Just the COS and TOD Left now

It was proper naff in the end. Went to a local field and pointed a camera at the 'train' of 'storms', but got absolutely nothing except an incredible change in temperature from sweaty and uncomfortable too cool and breezy. Literally felt the atmosphere get ripped of its juice!

So yeah, I'm not gonna count some thunder more than 5 miles away as being out of the club!

Posted

Moderate rain here with thunder every 30 seconds or so incoming

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Convective, Snow

Will be taking a trip up Clent Hills shortly to get some time lapses of anything developing. Will be an interesting one.

39 minutes ago, Oliver Wyndham-lewis said:

Met office radar showing more torrential downpours moving in across the SE and London before midnight prior to the arrival of the thundery rain from Belgium/france so 

Radar picking lightning just NW of Chelmsford,  might go for a drive after food if its still around

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Thunder storm in pot brewing for Manchester

• Like 2