Storms and Convective discussion - 1st June 2020onwards

Nice storm for the Midlands, intense rainfall rates but with such heavy rain it muffles the thunder more so it wasn't quite as impressive as yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A quick recap of my day, without getting too waffly. It has been an absolute classic and my favourite/most successful chase so far. - started fairly benign as I failed to get a good handle on the

100% Bonafide Supercell no doubting that whatsoever 35knts of flow, Moved right of the deviant steering flow Killed off anything that came near it Like most Supercells massive uptick in

Nice little thunderstorm finally drought is over!  London webcams: I grabbed this!!! 

Posted Images

Arome 12z’s 3h chart looks very similar to the current radar image, so a couple hours from now it shows fresh cells breaking out more towards the east..and then tomorrow morning it shows this squally looking feature 

C373D320-940E-47FF-B97C-3E595BC581B4.png

CAE8F674-698A-4243-9511-C312E59D02C5.png

Thunder being reported in Derby right now. It's close to Belper but may miss to the south

• Like 2

This is building rapidly to my north, can visibly see it going up if I stand and watch. It’s already passed me but north Cheshire might get something from this 

It’s on the radar now between Holmes Chapel and Knutsford

316C280A-3C0F-4B70-9A84-EE9CC4D470FE.jpeg

Edited by RichardC27

Just drove to kingsclere through the most insane weather conditions I’ve ever driven in. Flashes of lightning under this thing 

• Like 1

First lightning pic of the year for me taken near the Ashdown forest. Unfortunately the cells were not that active in this area today ?

B75B1F38-E67D-4008-997D-3BC19E97D1FB.jpeg

• Like 1

My view towards Bristol and 2nd towards Gloucester 

the cell towards Bristol May have a little bit of a mushroom top forming 

7FA07A5F-E568-4557-A0BD-16FFD249BBA7.jpeg

5DAE3991-DB56-487D-BAA9-057033F4FA8F.jpeg

• Like 1

Constant low rumbling towards Bristol now. Also from the south. I’m still sat in the sun in the middle lol!

The sun just emerged in East Leeds. Took a while XD!

Not expecting anything up here but i'm watching the action further south. Keep safe if you're out in it :)

Yep if you live on or near the coast its pretty much not even worth looking at these risks. The storms are driven by sea breeze or convergence zones inland caused by the sea breezes and you wont get storms.

Merseyside the other day dried em up, Sheffield and parts of Yorkshire had that North Easterly the other day, easterlies down the estuary and suffolk coast same thing, west wales today everything that has gone near the coast has died.

Nothing you can do about it unless you head inland to watch a storm

Look at the latest radar at 1625 and none of the coasts in England have anything remotely close to a storm

Edited by Paul Sherman
  • Like 3

Really not meant to be in my neck of the woods, anything south of here has a more North Westerly steer than it did earlier in the day.....Game over for these parts i think

• Like 1