Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 1st June 2020onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

BBC are going for Friday too for thunderstorms!

• Like 4

Posted
2 hours ago, TJS1998Tom said:

Have these two storms split up? And am I right in thinking ones going North and ones going West?

image.png

Can I just ask anyone who can help, would this be an example of bifurcation?  Or is a main cell spawning daughter cells something different?  

Posted

Just seen a couple flashes to my North, can't hear thunder though 

Edited by ChezWeather

Posted
2 minutes ago, Jim Halpert said:

Ay up. You never know might get the odd flash before sleepy time. Seems to be building a bit on its eastern edge

image.thumb.png.00028aca72d55085306bcd01947a2628.png

Too right, daughter and I watching a lightning show and hearing distant rumbles coming from the south of Macclesfield at the moment. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

So the biggest best/worst thunderstorm ive ever witnessed, first watching it approach from the S/SE, was strange because the low cloud was moving west to east so opposite to the way storms have been moving the last couple of days i think it was the updraught into the gust front, once that went through all hell broke loose, insane wind gust blowing a bin down the street, very intense rain with a good hail core too with pea sized hail which also lasted a good while, Thunder was constant and lightning was flickering every couple of seconds. (Still can see the odd flash to the NW now). Flooded everywhere around here and our garden was a pool. It was mm's from going into the house and nothing even close has ever happened like that before, so it was easily the worst storm we've had here, was spending a while trying to unblock the garden drains and the road one as it was almost knee deep on the road and above the ankle deep in the garden. All pics are below, sorry for the bad quality of the pics, but also attached a video of the rain. hail and flood in the side walkway.

Flood 2.PNG

Flood 3.PNG

Edited by Sparkiee storm
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Is there any hope for the S and E in the next few months? Bored with convective infill now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
1 hour ago, bradleywx said:

They're hefty but shouldn't electrify..in other news...image.thumb.png.098b9bf648fef35d3dc08e75adf2584c.png

Been a while since I've been under a MDT, could be a lively day tomorrow! 

• Like 2

Posted
44 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

From Buxton Weather Watch over on FB, this funnel was briefly seen (maybe touched down?) SouthEast of Buxton.

hf.thumb.jpg.a230f030741f61fa2a3ce4f702b57f7e.jpg

That is defiantly a tornado 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wake me up when the storms arrive

Something for the Admins...    

I can never get folks' Twitter links to work. They leave either a blank spot in the message box, or if I try to load in a new tab I get a message from Twitter saying "something went wrong".

I'm on WIn 10 using the very latest Chrome update.  Broadband fibre and everything short of Tracy Island.

Posted

Fun days chasing although no great footage.

Got on the leicester cell soon after it popped and had a good close lightning strike behind me, didn't see it but my god I heard it. Not sure if it was water getting in somewhere or the lightning but my radio / head unit in van cut out and wouldn't work for couple of hrs.

That cell died so had a nap. Woke to the Birmingham cell firing so blasted south for the last HR of day light. 

Again no great footage but was rumbling nicely 

So much rain and without much shear lacking in structure so not a lot to see in some respects.

Camping out in the van tonight....300miles covered, half bottle of wine consumed, tomorrow we chase again

• Like 6

Posted
2 minutes ago, Tom Jarvis said:

That is defiantly a tornado 

Very similar over Chunal earlier very defined but not on ground... the clouds around made complete rotation around it... seen it in Illinois in USA but not in uk....

Posted
1 minute ago, StormLoser said:

Something for the Admins...    

I can never get folks' Twitter links to work. They leave either a blank spot in the message box, or if I try to load in a new tab I get a message from Twitter saying "something went wrong".

I'm on WIn 10 using the very latest Chrome update.  Broadband fibre and everything short of Tracy Island.

For some reason Twitter media does not play within inside these forums. You have to click on the link/video for then it to redirect you to Twitter, in order for it to play. Not sure if you need an actual Twitter account for this. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Josh Rubio said:

For some reason Twitter media does not play within inside these forums. You have to click on the link/video for then it to redirect you to Twitter, in order for it to play. Not sure if you need an actual Twitter account for this. 

I go out, but I just get the "something went wrong". I have a Twitter account but logging in makes no difference.

Interestingly I just tried opening one link in an "Incognito" page from Chrome, and it turned up!  So I might just do that from now.

Thanks!

Edited by StormLoser

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
2 minutes ago, StormLoser said:

I go out, but I just get the "something went wrong". I have a Twitter account but logging in makes no difference.

Interestingly I just tried opening one link in an "Incognito" page from Chrome, and it turned up!  So I might just do that from now.

Thanks!

If it works in incognito maybe it's an extension causing it?

Posted

That! was! Mental!  Lightning started off as a few distant CG's, they then turned into arching IC's which then turned into fully IC's as it was slowly getting closer (tbh I was expecting it to die off) then ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE!

Pretty certain there was a rolling wall cloud thing that came over, was fully dark at the time but I could just make out the underside being lit by the streetlights, stretched from east to west (over the house) and was stupidly fast moving and passed over head in just about 20/30 seconds! And behind that there was just solid blackness!

We had two pulses of very heavy rain, One a few mins before the wall cloud thing (it stopped raining about 2 mins before it came over) then the second more intense one came as the solid blackness behind the rolling cloud was about halfway past.  Quite certain there was a couple of Positive at the end as it moved away. (had that building exploding and collapsing sound to them :P)

Took some (crappy cam phone) vid footage as it was coming towards me (recorded until I ran out of space) so now I'm gonna go through the footage and edit all the good strikes together.  

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Not sure if this was posted earlier with how busy it's been but its that two funnel clouds together?

• Like 8

Posted
1 minute ago, matt111 said:

If it works in incognito maybe it's an extension causing it?

Maybe. I don't know to be frank. I've a love-hate relationship with Chrome. I hate it until it works. Then I hate Google for trying to manipulate us all.... (avoids rant).  

I'm happy I can use the Incognito Window. I'll leave it there!   

• Like 1

Posted

A few strikes from the now-decayed line as the only active cell remaining was over Dole Holes 

DSC_0429.thumb.JPG.c8b3eb89b8cab17de57fcadb628f199c.JPGDSC_0519.thumb.JPG.30dcc90906bc168ce55a4e24f91866cf.JPG

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

And bang, the storm has been in recuss

Lightning and thunder to my South. .

• Like 4

Posted
7 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

And bang, the storm has been in recuss

Lightning and thunder to my South. .

Incoming....

Posted

Vid's done but It's going to take 30 mins to upload... urgh....  Time to make myself a Supper Cuppa' Tea  

Edited by Ryukai