Storms and Convective discussion - 1st June 2020onwards

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A quick recap of my day, without getting too waffly. It has been an absolute classic and my favourite/most successful chase so far. - started fairly benign as I failed to get a good handle on the

100% Bonafide Supercell no doubting that whatsoever 35knts of flow, Moved right of the deviant steering flow Killed off anything that came near it Like most Supercells massive uptick in

Nice little thunderstorm finally drought is over!  London webcams: I grabbed this!!! 

Posted Images

Anyone keeping an eye on the cell over Woking? It originally intensified over Crawley (SE), died off a bit, and now looks promising again. It's also on course to hit me soon. 

nothing happening round here yet although there is a good chance things will keep developing throughout most of the night so might see something then, and anything elevated should not be affected by the S word.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Chris.R said:

nothing happening round here yet although there is a good chance things will keep developing throughout most of the night so might see something then, and anything elevated should not be affected by the S word.

sea? ;)

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Mitch perrott said:

well looks like acell might reach me from france slowly but surely. however if you in france. they are very lucky
image.thumb.png.ace5ca7c00ff13d59f4b3435a5027626.png

Most likely just the high cloud from the anvil will make it, and have no rain in it, been happening since yesterday, would love to be wrong as need at least some rain. 

• Like 1

Beefy downpour in the Jewellery Quarter. Happy to see the pollen being washed out of the air- hay fever was a mare when I got up this morning, despite the rain overnight.

• Like 2
Just now, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

At Potters Bar / South Mimms, and it’s not looking spectacular here yet I have to say.

Guildford got a few sferics but I alas I am somewhere else ??‍♂️

My other half's in bramley and she said she's had a few rumbles

Rumbles of thunder and very dark near Bristol Airport. Looks like another separate cell over Bristol itself.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Mitch perrott said:

can someone please explain why this cell is deciding to extend so far?... ?
image.thumb.png.43b93c13295ff295bcc11b8b76a4a901.png

Looking at the satellite, wind sheer is taking the anvil miles away from the centre of the cell, and some of that anvil is producing precip. With the pixelated radar (out of our range) it makes it harder to see the actual finer details.

• Like 4

Been a case of almost so far today here. Storms coming up the A458 from South west Brum getting on the doorstep and a few rumbles before fading as it back builds more and more near Birmingham.... 

Couple of small cells have skirted past north and south, but not the main action. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Hirudine said:

Downpour re-intensified, and second pulse much heavier than first. Still raining, but no sferics.

MVIMG_20200616_152921.jpg

haha looks like snow

• Like 2