Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 1st June 2020onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Heavy drizzle hear - warm and humid but does not feel conducive to storms. That said the warmth and humidity suggests the odd burst is possible (as the models have been signalling) but it’s so mixed up there it could be anywhere. Window is open so hopefully I will hear something if it ignites 

Posted

Doesn't look too inspiring for tomorrow although I could be wrong. 

To me it looks like it is going to be wet, dull and murky for most places. Limited sunshine where/if cloud breaks. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Like I said earlier and am happy to be proved wrong but it is just not condusive too thunderstorms or MCS activity but you cant rule out a stray rumble of thunder, the profiles on the Skewt are absilutely saturated up to 300mb from 900mb which means dynamic rainfall in all levels some heavier pulses mostly moderate some light, drizzle and misty murk. 

The only chance is if something can create itself north or south of the main band by way of convergence which could become a bit stronger and produce echoes, this could be around Norfolk/Suffolk Border or indeed along the South Coast thats even if it reaches there due to the fact it looks like it comes in from the east and lifts North West to be sat over the Midlands by daybreak

Hope this helps

thanks man yeah hope something pops up looks like there is something going on coming towords ramsgate

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

The cone of silence has held firm. Seriously cannot buy a storm last 2 years. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
9 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Dark Sky’s forecast for my area. 

405C40BF-82B8-49BB-BC0C-CE1EE9681D6C.jpeg

Just checked mine, light rain till 2pm then clear. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

I'm seeing lightning from this in N London, 2 flashes in the past 20s.

lightning.thumb.png.286fd768d5605226b8d99159b02e9c93.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados
8 minutes ago, Storm mad said:

Same as here, may 2018 since the last proper storm, had a couple of distant rumbles the other sunday, but nothing noteworthy.

Just noticed this is my 1000th post lol

Edited by snowrye
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
4 minutes ago, snowrye said:

Same as here, may 2018 since the last proper storm, had a couple of distant rumbles the other sunday, but nothing noteworthy.

Just noticed this is my 1000th post lol

1000 is your community rating!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
3 minutes ago, ChezWeather said:

I imagine most of you are in the same boat as me here, but during a stormy period like this, i totally lose focus on absolutely everything else in life!  Work, sport, gaming, cleaning, whatever, it all goes out of the window! It's been a fantastic few days and great to see so many people get a storm or several, and we aren't even finished yet! 

Commiserations to you unlucky souls that have missed out, especially you @Paul Sherman, your time will come i'm sure, the season has a long way to go yet, or maybe you should pick that corner of Essex up and move it to Oklahoma

Daily lightning totals below, courtesy of Netweather Xtra which you should all go and purchase! i'm not being sponsored i promise! 

image.thumb.png.4e154e3cb5c9f1fdd3b91a117a2f1b25.png image.thumb.png.5f6202872805491e1a43f0a929eec3c1.png image.thumb.png.6fd631e027e27dbb107bafea3c982462.png image.thumb.png.d8f0ea84051b751f2e7ba9beae0a72b3.png image.thumb.png.65f68e1f8246d340686d7a013173efc0.png

I do love looking back at those lightning maps and seeing my town in the middle with no strikes yet hundreds around it. Typical Storm shield in full force this week.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!
25 minutes ago, Storm mad said:

You're certainly not wrong, absolutely zip here when all around it's been kicking off.  The COS/TOD has really lived up to it's name.... maybe should be renamed the Pyramid of Sh**e!?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Interesting UKV update.. showers/thunderstorms could kick off on the South coast circa 10/11am.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms
3 minutes ago, Ice Day said:

You're certainly not wrong, absolutely zip here when all around it's been kicking off.  The COS/TOD has really lived up to it's name.... maybe should be renamed the Pyramid of Sh**e!?

Well at least we can laugh about it.  Well sort of. If we don't get anything by the weekend I'll jump straight on the naming of this woeful area. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

Interesting UKV update.. showers/thunderstorms could kick off on the South coast circa 10/11am.

You mean there might be a chance to salvage this week for us? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!
Just now, Storm mad said:

Well at least we can laugh about it.  Well sort of. If we don't get anything by the weekend I'll jump straight on the naming of this woeful area. 

Indeed.  To be fair though, we've had a cracking spring/early summer here so feels a bit churlish to moan, but I do so love a storm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
1 minute ago, matt111 said:

You mean there might be a chance to salvage this week for us? 

I hope so! If there isn't, the sooner this weather pattern bogs off, the better!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots
17 minutes ago, staplehurst said:

It's interesting to see the two different processes occurring right now - upper-level moisture streaming in from the east generating showery bursts of rain, which will become more widespread from the North Sea through the night (perhaps with local embedded thunder), but still some surface convergence in the vicinity of London as a shallow low continues to develop and aided by the Urban Heat Island (still 19C in Central London vs 15-17C in surrounding areas), and this is helping to maintain weak thunderstorm activity from the surface, with light rain separately falling from high cloud above them. And it's possible this type of activity may continue on-off through the night where convergence is maintained (as mentioned in the convective forecast).

c.png

Thanks for taking the time to write this up after your day's chasing, along with no doubt musing over tomorrow's outlook!

It's certainly a funny old radar image right now; not everyday do you see a big fat sausage of drizzle extending from Benelux to London with a wannabe thunderstorm at its tip!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Just got back and time to go through some video. This was the second decent storm of the day, the first being the cell near Salisbury at about 5pm. Decent day, still a lot of driving though. Hopefully things closer to home tomorrow

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wake me up when the storms arrive
13 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Just got back and time to go through some video. This was the second decent storm of the day, the first being the cell near Salisbury at about 5pm. Decent day, still a lot of driving though. Hopefully things closer to home tomorrow

IMG_1999.MOV

Some corking lightning there! Good one and thanks for sharing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Has humididty noticeably shot up anywhere else in the last ten minutes, feel like I've put the heating on all of a sudden.