Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 1st June 2020onwards

Posted
7 minutes ago, ChezWeather said:

Been on a jolly around the Peak District again, plenty of IC and CG bolts, flooding everywhere, another good day! 

Just been parked up near the Red Lion at Stonedge and it was crazy with loads of lightning bolts and lashing it down with rain

Edited by OddSpot

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Are those cells in EA expected to intensify?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

As if the storm just died 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Just a mass of rain now. Could do with it clearing off and allowing for the next storm to arrive.

Posted

Handful of very localised but RAPIDLY developing deluges kicking off in my locale. No thunder sadly.

Edited by Harry
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow
Just now, Harry said:

Handful of very localised but RAPIDLY development deluges kicking off in my locale. No thunder sadly.

Yea, surprised given the cloud cover. Probably just the last fart for the day unfortunately. 

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, OddSpot said:

Just been parked up near the Red Lion at Stonedge at it was crazy with loads of lightning bolts and lashing it down with rain

I ended up near to Bakewell, then moved towards Fox House and got a good view of the storm approaching with a few CGs

Screenshot_20200617_193448.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, John90 said:

Yea, surprised given the cloud cover. Probably just the last fart for the day unfortunately. 

Indeed - the rapidness however gives me slender hope

Posted
2 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Conditions here...

Screenshot_20200617-193448_Facebook.thumb.jpg.d8581e723a5d31d7e311708fdcb408e5.jpg

Just attempted to nip to the shop and loads of flooding! Looks like we’re done with thunder for the time being just a load more rain now

• Like 1

Posted
51 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Are the people in the Midlands so sick of storms now that they dont report them - Hahahaha 

Too busy hanging out the window watching them But if you want a storm report here you go  

Whilst waiting for it to come in Spotted this to my West, lasted about 2-3 mins, seamed to wiggle slightly before vanishing into nothing (sheer funnel?)

IMG_20200617_175004604_HDR.thumb.jpg.76cdb455ccc7636ea27f6574861df493.jpg

As per last night there seemed to be 2 fronts (about 20'ish' mins apart) As the first one approached there was a continuous none stop rumble of thunder but no visible lightning whatsoever (not even peripheral vision cloud flashing) so must have been really deep inside the cloud or very high up.

IMG_20200617_175459889.thumb.jpg.87d693bf5e0702701654020057476453.jpg IMG_20200617_181215379_HDR.thumb.jpg.d4b68335b20c5b02b201f04de4e02770.jpg IMG_20200617_182002699.thumb.jpg.afffd61efc7d2b9aa913133eccb40c29.jpg

Saw (possibly) another sheer funnel off to my NW under the base of the first frontal cloud band.

IMG_20200617_182044606_HDR.thumb.jpg.4c8c130a813c943a5abfa88b4c7bb05c.jpg

Unfortunately, the Stoke-on-Trent Wedge was in full force and the storm split around us   Got a bit gusty (nothing to write home about) and lightly rained for about 10 mins before petering out. Then the second one came through.  Not as impressive cloud wise, but the wind was a bit more gusty that the first lot (emphasis on the 'bit') but died down to nothing rather quickly. The rain was (and currently is) more along the lines of a mild downpour (kind of reminds me of the 12 hour murky rain bands we get during the winter, dull and grey...) 

Saw a couple of seemingly random CG's as the second band came in and there's been about 3 bolts to the East of me since I started writing this (not sure if IC's as my view is blocked in that direction, but the flash's of light were quite distinct) 

• Like 7

Posted

Looks drizzly and dank up the Estuary

Profiles are saturated through the column for tonights non event so a big Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz to that.

Arome says West Country tomorrow and a few spotty showers for the SE

In fact even the North have more of a chance than SE due to the fact some of the area of thundery rain could produce more lightning tomorrow in any breaks

Posted
Just now, Paul Sherman said:

Looks drizzly and dank up the Estuary

Profiles are saturated through the column for tonights non event so a big Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz to that.

Arome says West Country tomorrow and a few spotty showers for the SE

In fact even the North have more of a chance than SE due to the fact some of the area of thundery rain could produce more lightning tomorrow in any breaks

hi paul, 

what about tonight for south wales buddy? 

Posted
Just now, Andy Bown said:

Funnel or scud?

Also how the energy transfers within storms is remarkable.

8AF38DBA-2674-4E5E-A3F8-02B3F216CAC6.jpeg

Looks more like an erratic form of altocumulus castellanus to me

Posted
Just now, viking_smb said:

hi paul, 

what about tonight for south wales buddy? 

Too much rain cooled air from the mass of storms that have moved across the Bristol Channel today - Last of the showers in Someret will fade by 22z and skies clearing. Tomorrow looks good for you guys

• Like 2