Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 1st June 2020onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

as the legend that was 'mr-crazy-snowfan' would say....'lots of rumblies of thunders here' (you have to have been on here for years to know what I'm on about !)....nothing overhead, but plenty of deep growls to my NE over Swindon from the cells training SE/NW over berks/wilts/glos

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Well that was fun...right overhead...very few CG`s...apart from 1 about 500yrds away... only not in the direction that the camera was shooting

I seem to be buired under mountains of unchecked media atm...which i`ll post when ready

I hope everybody gets to see at least half the storms we`ve seen in this area  over the last couple of day`s

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

*sigh*

someone put the annual 50p in Bedfords storm shield. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

At the moment i have one straw to clutch and that's down over the Wash area as that storm seems to be traveling NW and some cell now back building to the east of it.

a very big straw i know but crazy things can happen in this convective setup.

Edited by Allseasons-si

Posted

Back edge of the cell heading towards Crewe

IMG_20200617_170254327_HDR.thumb.jpg.fb311138289b4427144bc67eb1db3e5b.jpg

Also I think the forward edge of the Anvil from the Brummie stuff is now over head!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: stormy please.

we have had a biblical storm in Hinckley. The rain was incredible and left quite a few areas flooded, lots of CG lightning. 3 days in a row of amazing storms and each day offering something different. To be honest we are fairly blessed in this area with storms, something about Hinckley that seems to attract extreme weather and thunder storms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, strong winds

Looks like nothing more for the SE today. Stubborn high level cloud maybe limiting things here now?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale
19 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Just been sent this picture from just north of Winchester. They said they’ve heard a few rumbles coming from it 

935321B2-6891-474D-B838-61C276CCE0ED.jpeg

Yes, decent enough storm in W Basingstoke, some loud thunder from it.  A torrential downpour about 1h ago but seems to be fizzling out now.  This is probably what you saw I'm guessing

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Oliver Wyndham-lewis said:

Looks like nothing more for the SE today. Stubborn high level cloud maybe limiting things here now?

Been the.problem here from the get go

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

First rumble of the day, cells down towards Much Wenlock been building for 20 mins and just went electrical... bonus! 

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Thunder in the distance here with dark clouds to my S/E incoming..

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
2 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

Been the.problem here from the get go

Although the cloud didn’t even break up yet the first storms of the day formed very quickly over here and moved through London. So wonder why nothing else has formed behind it despite similar conditions. 

Posted

Clouding over here after fairly solid sun and an unbearably humid early afternoon. Keeping a close eye on that Derby/Nottingham group, possibly some further intensification to be had over the Pennines.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Cell to the east of Bristol starting to become audible with thunder now.  First one of this spell that’s actually made it to my location.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Not really expecting any further storms for the rest of today here. It's been quite overcast here for a while now and even feels quite chilly too.

Hope I am wrong though.

Edited by Zak M
  • Like 1

Posted

Nothing here, overcast, saw a cell move down from Swindon way, missed us completely here. Spoke to my sister in Cheltenham and her patio is 4" underwater, seems theyve had a couple of decent storms down that way

Posted
19 minutes ago, A.J said:

as the legend that was 'mr-crazy-snowfan' would say....'lots of rumblies of thunders here' (you have to have been on here for years to know what I'm on about !)....nothing overhead, but plenty of deep growls to my NE over Swindon from the cells training SE/NW over berks/wilts/glos

In the Lutooons

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

nothin going  on around this area but still think things will later. Think it’s going to be a late one like Saturday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Few pics and vids of today’s Solihull thunderstorm.

34FB3530-824B-4325-A0DC-4D56CD1642EB.thumb.jpeg.12d6c5aacb1320bff71b27ce3228930d.jpegAAA92621-1E1C-472C-BCAC-F8F98DBA943E.thumb.jpeg.2246f80a612c66dca2b73b301921cc9e.jpeg

Darker more organised clouds then on approach from the South. What’s interesting is that at first the clouds seemed to be pushing in from the East/South-East, but then noticed some low level scuddy and wall-like cloud suddenly pushing in more from the South and South-West. Made me wonder if some kind of low level convergence was happening, as some of the clouds were sorta circulating each other. Got very dark and soon after, a spell of heavy rain and thunder and lightning followed, which increased in frequency.

5288B68B-4C82-4BB4-93BA-4767878BD3BB.thumb.jpeg.677967ee128134fec60e1e0e6a2ea8a0.jpegC4DFFE5D-3C6F-4553-98D4-F923E1A8E728.thumb.jpeg.d5fba1e045fb8a987c987ceac78405a8.jpeg

Lasted around 45 minutes to an hour. 2nd thunderstorm of last 2 days, although personally preferred yesterday’s a touch more. Not something that happens often! Does look like quite a few parts of the Midlands doing well again, but looks juicy further South too to the West/South-West of Reading with some beefy showers. So hopefully chance for some storm shields further South to still get crumbled up (for any storm enthusiasts from the South who ain’t seen no storm yet). But imagine there’s some from the South-East longing to leave the No Storm’s Club too. So what do you say weather, fancy letting some of your fellow South-Easterner’s out of the club sometime? 

• Like 4

Posted

Met office radar showing more torrential downpours moving in across the SE and London before midnight prior to the arrival of the thundery rain from Belgium/france so 

Posted
1 minute ago, Denzel said:

I'm in Chelmsford any hope!???

It went up in the COS and boom got spanked on the head - so nope