Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 1st June 2020onwards

Posted

Worth remembering that even though certain areas, including here, are looking very promising for this afternoon, the pulse nature of these storms means that the existing ones could lose their energy as they go along (and in some cases, reignite again later).

Equally, the areas looking like they'll miss them could see very rapid development. Up to mid afternoon yesterday, it was looking like Birmingham was going to miss out. That situation changed very quickly.

Nothing can be guaranteed in these situations.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, strong winds
1 minute ago, Zak M said:

Both

Oh lol  

Posted

Signs of things starting to maybe happen now. Very small return over Basingstoke way and the Ludgershall supercell is growing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme
1 hour ago, Alderc said:

Bournemouth storm shield fully powered up this morning and protecting large part of the south coast. 

Bmth Storm Sheild 2020-06-17 125303.png

Along with me, firmly in the TOD

Posted
2 minutes ago, Gord said:

Worth remembering that even though certain areas, including here, are looking very promising for this afternoon, the pulse nature of these storms means that the existing ones could lose their energy as they go along (and in some cases, reignite again later).

Equally, the areas looking like they'll miss them could see very rapid development. Up to mid afternoon yesterday, it was looking like Birmingham was going to miss out. That situation changed very quickly.

Absolutely - one minute it looks like your going to get a cracking storm the next it loses its intensity and passes all it's energy to your South - seeing that North of Cambridge at the moment. Hoping for some 'back building' though which is what I saw yesterday - when an even bigger storm suddenly fires up over you. That's a very exciting situation to be in! 

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

The batch leaving France for east Anglia are very bulky. It will be interesting to see if it dies over water or drops on eastern England.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Looking back at where the Ringwood cell originated. How close can you get? :wallbash:

F1D0353F-E4B2-40D1-9327-4F0E3D41F0E4.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
Just now, Matty88 said:

Absolutely - one minute it looks like your going to get a cracking storm the next it loses its intensity and passes all it's energy to your South - seeing that North of Cambridge at the moment. Hoping for some 'back building' though which is what I saw yesterday - when an even bigger storm suddenly fires up over you. That's a very exciting situation to be in! 

Van's sitting in the driveway, everything prepped so I'd say a wasted effort on my part - happens every time 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Gord said:

Same here, looked like everything was missing me until about 16:30 yesterday afternoon when a huge storm popped up in the space of 20 minutes and gave a solid hour of thunder and heavy rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold
53 minutes ago, Jonathan F. said:

Pretty disappointing here so far, few rumbles but main part of the storm behind me over Central London.  Looks like a bit of rain incoming which should help the brown grass at least.

I spoke too soon, we barely got any rain in the end!  Nothing incoming either

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold
4 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

The batch leaving France for east Anglia are very bulky. It will be interesting to see if it dies over water or drops on eastern England.

don't worry it will die as its gone past me, it's my curse

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Many of you across CS England may want to check out Tony's latest forecast update on UKWW: (don't get too excited ;))

WWW.UKWEATHERWORLD.CO.UK

Moderate Risk of Thunderstorms UK & East 3rd of Ireland. 11z-21z. (potential to extend risk further East)...

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Van's sitting in the driveway, everything prepped so I'd say a wasted effort on my part - happens every time 

Get yourself West of Thetford... that's where most of the action will be at least until later I suspect! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

20200617_133158.thumb.jpg.3750613f049f1572a0f396bfaf7e67ca.jpg

Storm cleared in London so I could walk home. Rain was torrential.  Note London eye in background ? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

are u kidding me?

bZPrT910X7.gif.4b21405a100d1a52f9a6851a8079d5b2.gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
3 minutes ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

Many of you across CS England may want to check out Tony's latest forecast update on UKWW: (don't get too excited ;))

WWW.UKWEATHERWORLD.CO.UK

Moderate Risk of Thunderstorms UK & East 3rd of Ireland. 11z-21z. (potential to extend risk further East)...

It all sounds promising..... we shall see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, strong winds

Next batch of storms potentially?

D641A530-FD8F-487E-91CF-9AEACACD03AD.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
1 minute ago, TJS1998Tom said:

Looks like lincolnshires going to miss out on the main action today. Too far east for the goodens

East hasn't been best for many, many years sadly!