Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 1st June 2020onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Transformer exploding? 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
1 minute ago, TJS1998Tom said:

Got my eye on this one 

image.png

Could make them out from Peterborough! They absolutely exploded up out of nothing. There’s still towers attempting to go up around here too. Crazy spell of weather. I love it. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Decent wind (no greater than 35kts) and sunny.
1 minute ago, Gord said:

Just worked my train from Lichfield down here to Bromsgrove. Dry at Lichfield but could hear a lot of loud thunder, then into a lot of thunder and lightning around Sutton Coldfield. Got absolutely soaked on the platform at Aston. And now a lovely evening in Bromsgrove. Waiting for my next departure back up to Lichfield. Let's see what it brings!

Now jaffa cakesing it down in Lichfield with loud thunder every few seconds.

• Like 1

Posted

Looks like it split as it went over us which resulted in very little rain and only a few rumbles of thunder and lightning. 

Pretty unlucky with that as it looked amazing on the radar.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Could make them out from Peterborough! They absolutely exploded up out of nothing. There’s still towers attempting to go up around here too. Crazy spell of weather. I love it. 

Hoping it keeps at it, though not much lightning coming from it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

I am simultaneously jealous of and pleased for all you Northern folk while I sit down here in Essex with nothing ??

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lighting and sunshine
7 minutes ago, ChezWeather said:

This is now all all too familiar situation, we have intense storms to the south, will they survive or won't they?! 

Personally, I don't think they will. Probably already at anvil crawler stage

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Couple of intense little downpours have just sprung up to my east...look a bit iffy and heavy on radar - no thunder or lightning though sadly. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Zak M said:

One hour ago to my SE

7C02CF47-F74C-48B7-837A-78F6897F2FF4.jpeg

A180A0EF-C63B-4566-8698-EBF41F474ACA.jpeg

OMG like a nuclear bomb.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Beautiful cloudscapes. 

15923384908991281561296.jpg

1592338544385366708904.jpg

15923385692801114223677.jpg

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Transformer exploding? 

No idea tbh (that's my page btw so no stolen content from my youtube vid haha - I've just shared it around!). Could've been I guess  

Edited by Jim Halpert

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

thundering now, angriest skies, and first lightning flash to my S/SE

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

I will ask this has anybody compared mid 90s storm setup charts to this week's?  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, strong winds
4 minutes ago, bradleywx said:

image.thumb.png.95667089efbe54efba395a3c78721587.pngno comment

That’s gonna preoccupy me. Not gonna lie, Thursday is looking very good for the London area to finally see some proper storms with that possible CZ setting up. The rest of England has had enough storms, surely the atmosphere over there is all exhausted now  

Edited by Oliver Wyndham-lewis
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

That cell near Salisbury must’ve rapidly expanded as it didn’t look much not long ago but now looks like this 

AD764FFB-7103-4BC7-BF9F-8DC0FBA431B8.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
4 minutes ago, Jim Halpert said:

Nice cg + thunder I captured earlier - you can see where it struck. Camera is a bit low res but it's weather proof, crucially!  

Just got in and i was parked on Mortimer rd west of Bradfield and there was Cg's popping off all over the place,just uploading the raw footage (no editing) now,in the meantime he is some pics from earlier back home and i knew that something was brewing overhead so that's why i headed west,i couldn't of parked in a better spot and my 14 year old daughter loved it.

these three back home before i set off and you can see that there was towers going up over me just to the SW and the third photo was looking west and had an unusual hammer head look

DSC02912.thumb.JPG.0290c6ab2771f8be1631836728d4117a.JPGDSC02913.thumb.JPG.5c98532fd281e96c653f606a983e04f0.JPGDSC02916.thumb.JPG.e53b389477fecc7d8715a81f4fc90917.JPG

these last three(not brilliant photos but we was mostly on the move,the last one is the storm leaving us out west over Mam tor.

DSC02917.thumb.JPG.a5fc1ab1e6954088e0763ad977be991e.JPGDSC02919.thumb.JPG.93ef17a65efa69876bdc063eef66ceb0.JPGDSC02920.thumb.JPG.8c8785dc2c11375a460b95528985a3a9.JPG

i cannot wait to plough through the video footage as there was some excellent Cg's in it

are we in for round two later,there is another cell firing up SE of Lincoln as well as them further south

and a final note,there has been some excellent pics/video and media again today,we are mini tornado valley it seems,what a turnaround from the last couple of months and who would of thought of all this convective weather on our doorstep,it's crazy,i do feel sorry for the SE though and i hope that you all will get your turn,

me,i am replenished that i have witnessed a good storm and me too is a happy bunny.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, strong winds
Just now, Allseasons-si said:

Just got in and i was parked on Mortimer rd west of Bradfield and there was Cg's popping off all over the place,just uploading the raw footage (no editing) now,in the meantime he is some pics from earlier back home and i knew that something was brewing overhead so that's why i headed west,i couldn't of parked in a better spot and my 14 year old daughter loved it.

these three back home before i set off and you can see that there was towers going up over me just to the SW and the third photo was looking west and had an unusual hammer head look

DSC02912.thumb.JPG.0290c6ab2771f8be1631836728d4117a.JPGDSC02913.thumb.JPG.5c98532fd281e96c653f606a983e04f0.JPGDSC02916.thumb.JPG.e53b389477fecc7d8715a81f4fc90917.JPG

these last three(not brilliant photos but we was mostly on the move,the last one is the storm leaving us out west over Mam tor.

DSC02917.thumb.JPG.a5fc1ab1e6954088e0763ad977be991e.JPGDSC02919.thumb.JPG.93ef17a65efa69876bdc063eef66ceb0.JPGDSC02920.thumb.JPG.8c8785dc2c11375a460b95528985a3a9.JPG

i cannot wait to plough through the video footage as there was some excellent Cg's in it

are we in for round two later,there is another cell firing up SE of Lincoln as well as them further south

and a final note,there has been some excellent pics/video and media again today,we are mini tornado valley it seems,what a turnaround from the last couple of months and who would of thought of all this convective weather on our doorstep,it's crazy,i do feel sorry for the SE though and i hope that you all will get your turn,

me,i am replenished that i have witnessed a good storm and me too is a happy bunny.

Thursday looking good for our turn in the SE. Here’s hoping

Posted
6 minutes ago, Jim Halpert said:

No idea tbh (that's my page btw so no stolen content from my youtube vid haha - I've just shared it around!). Could've been I guess  

Just noticed it’s in the thumbnail of your video and on there you can see what looks like a blue flash which would likely be related to power lines 

Posted
6 minutes ago, bradleywx said:

image.thumb.png.95667089efbe54efba395a3c78721587.pngno comment

Well that brightened me up no end!!!! Thanks @bradleywx. Word of caution I’m not seeing much in the way of instability during this timeframe so we’ll have to see exactly how much lightning might be forthcoming...I remain sceptical both about this and the Beeb forecast earlier today

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, Zak M said:

One hour ago to my SE

7C02CF47-F74C-48B7-837A-78F6897F2FF4.jpeg

A180A0EF-C63B-4566-8698-EBF41F474ACA.jpeg

Okay.... who pressed the red button!

• Like 3