Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 1st June 2020onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Looks like the new shortwave is activating now. 

radar.thumb.PNG.7e4266cdd1d46239276f8da5a875b99f.PNG

Also a view to the South towards all this.

104315320_3182910918415003_7429612679481946457_n.thumb.jpg.0b92fb8a66d53c904412a3f3c5d79192.jpg

104587787_694249474687224_2001382280937583113_n.thumb.jpg.860bf00f3e8bc4d3128f5da0992a1a88.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow
35 minutes ago, Met4Cast said:

Cool. I didn't want a storm today anyway, I'm glad it missed me.

TIR.thumb.jpg.6ab63433b6926b91f27f307359e64d69.jpg

I call it in these type of events. The N/NE Kent Storm Shield. It's clearly a wonderful thing.

image.thumb.png.27aba66f63eaa5eaf6d2ba689a749706.png

Posted

Back building round here and lightning getting more vicious and thunder louder. Awesome!!

Edited by SarahWxm
  • Like 4

Posted

Thunderstorm, almost over my head in Blackwood, - seems to be heading East, sure it's just back building in reality 
IC every minute or so, - only 1 >>> 3 edit* strike picked up by Blitz

Edited by ancientsolar
  • Like 2

Posted

I hear a rumbling! To my NE.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
1 minute ago, Supacell said:

I headed out and met the Leicester cell just north of Loughborough. As it approached was constantly rumbling but with no visible lightning. It appeared it was not moving far so rather than risking missing it as it died in situ I chose to drive into it.

Being under it I couldn't get out and video it as the rain was torrential. At one point I could barely see where I was driving. Roads quite baldly flooded too. Under the storm the lightning was visible but mostly flashing in the clouds. That apart from one close CG that hit to the side of my car and was like a bomb going off. I did not capture the bolt but I would be very surprised if the sound wasn't captured.

Not a bad start. Now near to the A50/A38 junction debating heading up the M1 for the Newark cell or hanging around to see what new cells near to Coventry choose to do.

Thanks Karl,just got back in from shopping and noticed the Leicester storm die out but glad you got to witness it,i am just hoping that these cells in Lincolnshire don't die as well and i seem to notice that the are taking a more W/NW track than N/NW like the Leicester cell,maybe more of an influence from that easterly wind as they come further north that is steering them.

i see visual towers now to my SE although faintly as it's quiet a milky sky

a final note,just noticed some more cells firing up SE of Leicester,good luck in what ever direction you travel.

Posted
3 minutes ago, ancientsolar said:

Thunderstorm, almost over my head in Blackwood, - seems to be heading East, sure it's just back building in reality 
IC every minute or so, - only 1 >>> 3 edit* strike picked up by Blitz

can see the cloud over the mountain, as our study looks north, and its looking north east direction 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.
2 minutes ago, Tim Bland said:

Gloucester looks like the place to be right now....

D080B05F-4050-4B48-A968-63D07A00992D.jpeg

Tell me about it

So happy.

Thunder is constant.. Probably 4 or 5 flashes every 10 seconds.

Its insane. Not a huge amount of rain though.. Convective bastards but not "heavy"

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

The sky is black to my south... The distant rumbles of thunder are almost continuous!

... It looks like Wrexham is getting this storm big time at the moment! ⛈️

60BF53E3-E151-403B-90C2-12C18C88AD75.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

lines of storms building up around here....on the move to the NW

1078109795_9005.thumb.jpg.790eeed3be723c06a4669d44cd935657.jpg

1220636112_9004.thumb.jpg.293d2f5774fba315b7dd07839f3d625e.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
14 minutes ago, Hirudine said:

Huge cumulonimbus rapidly developing to the SW/W of Brum, it's quite impressive! 

Got excited as thought I heard thunder just now....turns out it was the bloke across the road tekkin his wheelie bin in 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Thanks Karl,just got back in from shopping and noticed the Leicester storm die out but glad you got to witness it,i am just hoping that these cells in Lincolnshire don't die as well and i seem to notice that the are taking a more W/NW track than N/NW like the Leicester cell,maybe more of an influence from that easterly wind as they come further north that is steering them.

a final note,just noticed some more cells firing up SE of Leicester,good luck in what ever direction you travel.

Yes they are definitely taking a more WNW track today. No idea whether that is a good thing but at least something of interest is out there. I can see one of the cells from my spare room window and it looks a nice, mature CB.

Given a lot of hi-res models (*edit, 12z WRF doesn't but also doesn't have storms over Lincs - back to radar watching!) break out storms close to us later this evening I wonder what's causing that from them? 

Edited by Jim Halpert

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Looks like the increased CAPE over the Gloucester area is aiding the development and intensification of thunderstorms in that part of the UK, models showing the MUCAPE to increase over the midlands so I expect these t/storms to hold their intensity as they move north . Possible supercell here(?)

image.thumb.png.3758642aa23f7d3c88f642191e9c272a.png

Edited by Panayiotis
  • Like 1

Posted

I mustve driven over 100 miles around Shropshire earlier hunting a fizzing out storm & a biggy is now developing in Worcestershire on my doorstep.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
6 hours ago, Allseasons-si said:

I can't believe I am saying this but I am spoilt for choice. Feels like when my mum used to take me to a toy shop and tell me I can have one toy (a long time ago). Storms all around me.

Edited by Supacell
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

WOW look at all that action...

1535798642_UKshowers.thumb.png.51bf9742473a2fa0008c4bd66399f3cf.png

looks like Florida on a good day

• Like 4

Posted
15 minutes ago, Supacell said:

I headed out and met the Leicester cell just north of Loughborough. As it approached was constantly rumbling but with no visible lightning. It appeared it was not moving far so rather than risking missing it as it died in situ I chose to drive into it.

Being under it I couldn't get out and video it as the rain was torrential. At one point I could barely see where I was driving. Roads quite baldly flooded too. Under the storm the lightning was visible but mostly flashing in the clouds. That apart from one close CG that hit to the side of my car and was like a bomb going off. I did not capture the bolt but I would be very surprised if the sound wasn't captured.

Not a bad start. Now near to the A50/A38 junction debating heading up the M1 for the Newark cell or hanging around to see what new cells near to Coventry choose to do.

I'm in the same predicament

Currently sat at the services near  Nothingham, what to do 

The rain was insane on the leicester cell

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Dangerous55019 said:

The sky is black to my south... The distant rumbles of thunder are almost continuous!

... It looks like Wrexham is getting this storm big time at the moment! ⛈️

60BF53E3-E151-403B-90C2-12C18C88AD75.png

We are! It’s been fab! ?? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Quite mental here at the moment, hard to tell where the thunder is coming from...it's all around!

• Like 1