Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 1st June 2020onwards

Posted

I'd be interested to hear of any sightings of a funnel-cloud around Glossop as looking out over that way behind the earlier Manchester cell around 15:40 I caught this feature on the camera, to the eye there was some rotation to it but only briefly before it fizzled-out, a classic convergence funnel I would imagine.

DSC_0279.thumb.JPG.33e127999d04d88981c2e6322a6bdd78.JPG

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms
2 minutes ago, SalopWatcher said:

Where are you... is it worth the 20 min drive to telford? 

Edit - Im gone anyway!

7E3DC91F-B235-4C14-AD83-9B5F484813F5.png

Screenshot_20200616-162349_Samsung Internet.jpg

Not bad at all, passing to my N now since I was about SW of Shifnal.

Posted
8 minutes ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

Currently chasing the storm NW of Wolverhampton, almost constant rumbling and flashes every 20 seconds. May have seen a wall-cloud but not clear cut at all. Now biblical rain.

Considering the core keeps moving and jumping to the NE it wouldn't be all that surprising that there is one

Posted
7 minutes ago, Harry said:

Still frequent, almost continuous rumbles coming from the E London cell. I’ve noticed at least two areas of weak rotation, one under the leading updraft. 

This is the best pic I could get which is/was the area rotating, almost resembling a form of wall cloud.

1FF23E92-28BA-4A9C-9A11-DD6BB6B712D4.jpeg

Funny you should say that as I’m watching some weak rotation on the northern flank !

image.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,snow+gales
7 minutes ago, Harry said:

Still frequent, almost continuous rumbles coming from the E London cell. I’ve noticed at least two areas of weak rotation, one under the leading updraft. 

This is the best pic I could get which is/was the area rotating, almost resembling a form of wall cloud.

1FF23E92-28BA-4A9C-9A11-DD6BB6B712D4.jpeg

Seems to have fizzled to nothing though sadly 

Posted

o_O the Storm cell that fired up to the south of Stoke is moving (quite rapidly) to the SW!!  I wish these storms would pick one direction of travel and stick with it   Meanwhile the 2 cells to it's SW are now moving to the NE!

We're gonna have a 3 cell pileup soon xD

Edited by Ryukai
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms!
33 minutes ago, PurpleLED said:

cant say i feel too hopeful today tbh, i think there's still fair chance of something but im not so certain.

Looks like the Reading cell will end up to our South and anything coming out of London will probably end up North. Still stuff developing though, so it's not a bust yet...

Posted
5 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

I'd be interested to hear of any sightings of a funnel-cloud around Glossop as looking out over that way behind the earlier Manchester cell around 15:40 I caught this feature on the camera, to the eye there was some rotation to it but only briefly before it fizzled-out, a classic convergence funnel I would imagine.

DSC_0279.thumb.JPG.33e127999d04d88981c2e6322a6bdd78.JPG

Occasionally dark skies to sw or just south of here in glossop some warm sunshine but no rain/thunder.... at times a strongish gusty breeze nowt else....storms seem to form overhead or just south and west of here... no storms yesterday either... just forming overhead or just west

• Like 4

Posted
Just now, Vestan said:

Looks like the Reading cell will end up to our South and anything coming out of London will probably end up North. Still stuff developing though, so it's not a bust yet...

The Reading cell is almost with me. The thunder is constant

Posted

Everything to my SE looking dead again same as yesterday, what's killing them off?! It's 23c here and feeling very humid 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

4087173A-0F49-44EA-B15C-C19D9B4D8B44.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Lightning, Tornado, Hurricane, Heatwave

heading out after work and a quick run. I'm not expecting to be as lucky as yesterday, but concerns with 3 hours before I can go as to whether it will have all moved out. Hoping more develop later around Stoke Macc way and move out to the NW as its flat out over the plains for me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
4 minutes ago, Justin1705 said:

Funny you should say that as I’m watching some weak rotation on the northern flank !

image.jpg

My photo was indeed on the northern flank of the storm, in the vicinity of the heaviest precipitation. The closest lighter clouds in my pic were moving eastward while the clouds behind were racing westward - perfect cyclonic motion. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Cool. I didn't want a storm today anyway, I'm glad it missed me.

TIR.thumb.jpg.6ab63433b6926b91f27f307359e64d69.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, Zak M said:

4087173A-0F49-44EA-B15C-C19D9B4D8B44.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

My photo was indeed on the northern flank of the storm, in the vicinity of the heaviest precipitation. The closest lighter clouds in my pic were moving eastward while the clouds behind were racing westward - perfect cyclonic motion. 

Yeah seems to have died down now although that could be due to energy shift, knowing my luck it will re invigorate after it leaves NE lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ChezWeather said:

Everything to my SE looking dead again same as yesterday, what's killing them off?! It's 23c here and feeling very humid 

It is irritating I agree! Seems a lot of the forecasts and risk areas are forgetting a crucial aspect that is halting any development here. We still have this evening mind you but it does seem like a repeat of yesterday. 

A few small cells to the SE at the moment  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Went for a chase about. Saw some IC lightning near Rutland. The cloudscapes would make you think you’re on the plains however! Fabulous. 

79520112-36C7-4C6D-9EE8-8EA11CB025FF.jpeg

6554040B-0BAB-43F4-91B4-FBBC9B17B2B4.jpeg

• Like 4