Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 1st June 2020onwards

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Looking at the radar I think somewhere on the western edge of the Peak District will be the sweet spot, perhaps Stoke if there's enough juice and height.

You can see on the radar that a convergence zone has formed between South Wales and Birmingham and this should over the day move further north. In the mean time several of hours of fun are in store around Manchester. Derby and Nottingham might have reason to be excited later if it unzips on the eastern side.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Cell forming over the Salisbury area, heading right up towards me on its current trajectory.  Wonder if this could develop further?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots
13 minutes ago, Benny123 said:

Another interesting forecast from the Beeb! Thursday. 

Screenshot 2020-06-16 at 13.17.29.png

Chris' face there is as shocked as mine will be if that comes off above my head

• Like 2

Posted
36 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Stoke on Trent firing them up yet again!!! @CreweColdwill be loving this. More storms for him and the like in a few days than over many years I would imagine! 

I'm right on the edge of what the radars showing I'm bearly getting drizzle here   Just dull and grey with high level milky murk filling the sky  

Edited by Ryukai
  • Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Quite a downpour at the min. Bet it intensifies as it heads further NW

all clear here still, no rain, no thunder, forecast now has us dry for the rest of the day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
3 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

Looking at the radar I think somewhere on the western edge of the Peak District will be the sweet spot, perhaps Stoke if there's enough juice and height.

You can see on the radar that a convergence zone has formed between South Wales and Birmingham and this should over the day move further north. In the mean time several of hours of fun are in store around Manchester. Derby and Nottingham might have reason to be excited later if it unzips on the eastern side.

The 6z Arome shows a line of potential storms developing through the East Midlands and Lincolnshire later this afternoon.

• Like 6

Posted
1 minute ago, Supacell said:

The 6z Arome shows a line of potential storms developing through the East Midlands and Lincolnshire later this afternoon.

whereabouts in Lincolnshire is this showing for? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Can just about see the edge of the Salisbury cell from here 

459F62FD-6293-4B86-A619-68C3B192D6AA.jpeg

Edited by matt111
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
5 minutes ago, sparky1972 said:

all clear here still, no rain, no thunder, forecast now has us dry for the rest of the day

Going to be very touch and go mate. They could pop up anywhere within minutes from now. Seems to be a convergence line heading out of Norfolk by the look of things, heading NW

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

Latest AROME looks tasty for south midlands tomorrow afternoon, with storms developing from Kent up to Cambs and pushing directly westwards.

Once again, it looks bone-dry south of the M4...time for my favourite smiley of late: 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: stormy please.

if the loudness of this Thunder is anything to go by, we are going to get some really quite severe widespread storms today. In Hinckley and the storm is probably a good few miles away.... but the thunder is incredibly loud.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
Just now, Lance M said:

Latest AROME looks tasty for south midlands tomorrow afternoon, with storms developing from Kent up to Cambs and pushing directly westwards.

Once again, it looks bone-dry south of the M4...time for my favourite smiley of late: 

This ones quite appropriate for us southerners. :wallbash:

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Going to be very touch and go mate. They could pop up anywhere within minutes from now. Seems to be a convergence line heading out of Norfolk by the look of things, heading NW

big differences here in the last hour, let’s hope it does something for us lot this way

i could be wrong but i think this might be our best chance this week?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

This beast was forming over what would have been north of Eastbourne so Polegate/Hailsham area around 11am.

Taken from Hastings.

Would be nice to see a storm roll in from the sea as we sometimes do but it fizzes out as it gets within 5k usually.

Taking partner to Heathrow from Hastings on Thurs morning 3-5am so perhaps I may witness something along the way.

20200616_105314.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather
28 minutes ago, Benny123 said:

Another interesting forecast from the Beeb! Thursday. 

Screenshot 2020-06-16 at 13.17.29.png

That's because the MCS that was forecasted is now expected to track northwards (once again) into parts of East Anglia, the Midlands and NE England. Some models just have it as plain dynamic rainfall when it reaches NE England.

If there is enough sunshine and moisture/instability in the south then it should aid the development of scattered thunderstorms on Thursday.

Edited by Zak M
  • Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

I'm right on the edge of what the radars showing I'm bearly getting drizzle here   Just dull and grey with high level milky murk filling the sky  

Been exactly the same as you here in Macc, garden thermometer has crept up to 20° though, sat at 18° all morning. I'm surrounded by every single shade of grey known to man, the sun is doing it's best to break through.   

P.s. l had a big moth in my bedroom too last night, attracted to the light from my tablet, got on my nerves until the cat had it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty

Okay, I’m a numpty reading weather models but took this photo while waiting for my naughty kitten to stop chasing flies and come in.  I’ve circled the feature but is that the beginnings of a funnel cloud?  It dissipated shortly after.  Just started to thunder here.

3A708CD6-83CE-4D36-B096-27A7B9F8722F.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Zak M said:

That's because the MCS that was forecasted is now expected to track northwards (once again) into parts of East Anglia, the Midlands and NE England. Some models just have it as plain dynamic rainfall when it reaches NE England.

If there is enough sunshine and moisture/instability in the south then it should aid the development of scattered thunderstorms on Thursday.

so anoher miss for south east greatttt

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
1 minute ago, Delka said:

big differences here in the last hour, let’s hope it does something for us lot this way

i could be wrong but i think this might be our best chance this week?

Today is one of our better days, but tomorrow could herald a few surprises. Plus there’s the potential of the MCS import Thursday! 

• Like 3