Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 1st June 2020onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
8 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Hey Supacell,is it Karl?

do you think those storms over the NW will back build to this location that you have put above or are there more storms to build from theSE of there?,genuine question.

or it could be that placement above is further west now currently?

Hi Si, and yes it is.

It looks like more storms build to the southeast. The Euro4 shows something build around Nottingham at around 5pm and then slowly shift NNW through the evening. 

The storms over the NW are picked up on Euro4 but occur prior to the picture I posted. This is the 12pm to 6pm accumulation chart courtesy of weatheronline.co.uk. It shows the new development near to Nottingham, but at this point the main event is to the west

20061518_1506.thumb.gif.b1b00c766f2015571c1076dd35c46731.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
5 minutes ago, Charlie Harnett said:

?? Dissapeared on lightning maps again

False strikes often disappear on lightningmaps after a few minutes 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
4 minutes ago, Supacell said:

Hi Si, and yes it is.

It looks like more storms build to the southeast. The Euro4 shows something build around Nottingham at around 5pm and then slowly shift NNW through the evening. 

The storms over the NW are picked up on Euro4 but occur prior to the picture I posted. This is the 12pm to 6pm accumulation chart courtesy of weatheronline.co.uk. It shows the new development near to Nottingham, but at this point the main event is to the west

20061518_1506.thumb.gif.b1b00c766f2015571c1076dd35c46731.gif

Thanks for clarifying that up Karl

cells just breaking out just south of Nott's in Leicester,i am keeping my eye on that area as there is plenty of Cu building down there,good luck.

Edited by Allseasons-si
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Convective, Snow
2 minutes ago, Justin1705 said:

Yeah hopefully it fires up over the capital and not after it leaves to the Nw need a storm 1) I’ve had 1 strike and 1 rumble this year, and 2) it’s boiling !!

Defiently, at least then it will take a path across the country too so more people can have a chance! 

And thats been me for 2 years, first storm i saw for 2 years was on Saturday and it was amazing, definitely made the air fresher haha

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Allseasons-si said:

Thanks for clarifying that up Karl

cells just breaking out just south of Nott's in Leicester,i am keeping my eye on that area,good luck.

Looks quite similar to yesterday, difference being that I am at home this time.

Good luck to you too.  

• Thanks 1

Posted

Some positive signs here! I’m in NE London, and the first picture is looking south and I can see some upward motion on that dark tower, and 2nd picture is to my east, much better cumulus cloudscape in the last 15/20 minutes hopefully something can fire here for me. But if not theN the midlands and wales have a very good chance, if they do form, of seeing a decent light show tonight. As others have pointed out already between 10pm- 2am they should be across the midlands and into wales. Everyone post tour cloudscapes!!

F1D92C12-B0C5-449A-9918-293B27C23DD5.jpeg

B057995B-9354-4A15-ABDC-4AA0CD4608CE.jpeg

Edited by Justin1705
  • Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Calayte said:

Defiently, at least then it will take a path across the country too so more people can have a chance! 

And thats been me for 2 years, first storm i saw for 2 years was on Saturday and it was amazing, definitely made the air fresher haha

Yeah the air is so humid yesterday and today, looks like it’s only gonna get more humid as the weeks go on. Very good 10 days or so, if the GFS is anything to go by, for storms in the Uk and Europe for that matter.

Posted

From a purely IMBY perspective, the odd spotty downpour across the SE today seems to coincide with a sudden peak in CAPE around 17:00-1900.

Ive got an outdoor HIIT class at 18:00 in West Kingsdown so that could be fun can also see the top of a fairly robust looking TCu to my SE which maybe the shower that recently passed Tunbridge Wells.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme. If its heat, cold, wind its fine by me. I have see most.

Plenty of storms rattling around the Lake District at the moment. Many of the CN clouds getting a helping hand due to the mountains in central Lakes giving that extra lift to help through the Cape. Shame there's seems some rain as these Storms over the mountains can last for many hours with the light winds we have got. But the rain can subdue the uplifts, a bit like putting water on a fire.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Justin1705 said:

Yeah the air is so humid yesterday and today, looks like it’s only gonna get more humid as the weeks go on. Very good 10 days or so, if the GFS is anything to go by, for storms in the Uk and Europe for that matter.

Agreed, it is 100% looking like a good week or 2 for storms. Hell id even go as far to say this looks like the best month we've had for storms in quite some time!

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, Calayte said:

Agreed, it is 100% looking like a good week or 2 for storms. Hell id even go as far to say this looks like the best month we've had for storms in quite some time!

Yeah as long as we keep the southerly flows and the nice plumes. We should be in for a good season. If it’s this good now, we ya have some mega storms in July and august!! Hopefully so !

Posted

Still nothing but blue skies with the odd (small) fair weather cloud around here in Stoke .  Well... Except to my N/NNE where there are some ridiculously HUGE towers forming in the distance.

Posted

I think, touch wood, we have liftoff, east aswel, so all being well we should all have a little treat in the next hour or so. But please people can we just admire this development over the course of 10 minutes !!

btw this view is E/SE so I think I’m watching that cell in the estuary form as we speak !

39A175A0-3C07-447E-8079-BEC89901CB5B.jpeg

B00074B6-15F5-4140-AB96-91BB8FE3FA55.png

48571C3C-6912-4DEC-9902-A6E97DC257A1.jpeg

Edited by Justin1705
  • Like 1

Posted
WWW.MANCHESTEREVENINGNEWS.CO.UK

Heavy downpours with thunder and lightning have been reported in Bolton and Salford

• Like 1

Posted

Something happening to the south of me near Oswestry. Strikes showing on lightning detector. This is the view to my south. 

B45E4898-A19D-4AC8-AA49-BE2868F237F1.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, SarahWxm said:

Something happening to the south of me near Oswestry. Strikes showing on lightning detector. This is the view to my south. 

B45E4898-A19D-4AC8-AA49-BE2868F237F1.jpeg

A little jealousy coming from SE Wales

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, Justin1705 said:

Yeah as long as we keep the southerly flows and the nice plumes. We should be in for a good season. If it’s this good now, we ya have some mega storms in July and august!! Hopefully so !

About time hopefully! Been way too long since i've seen a storm the size of the Midlands!

Posted
1 minute ago, ancientsolar said:

A little jealousy coming from SE Wales

Hehehe I’m getting a little excited. Just a bit closer I will start to hear the thunder. Shame it’s not night as I’d see the lightning for sure. I’m hanging out the bedroom window atm

Posted
Just now, SarahWxm said:

Hehehe I’m getting a little excited. Just a bit closer I will start to hear the thunder. Shame it’s not night as I’d see the lightning for sure. I’m hanging out the bedroom window atm

totally what i'd be doing too,. especially at night, can sometimes see the flickers of lightning about 80-100miles away