Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 1st June 2020onwards

Posted
Just now, alexisj9 said:

They've finally surfaced lol, wish they had better news. 

I think they've under-cooked the risk a little  ~ wishful thinking may'be.. ~ or the fact there's already been a thunderstorm so early on hehe

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow
17 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

What does the black signify? 100%?

Imminent thunder death of course. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

Morning everyone. :oldsmile:

Its another hot and sultry summers morning here in North East Wales... The U.K. Meto have just issued another thunderstorm warning (of which I’m under!) and behind the haze, I can see strong convective towers starting to go up. :oldgood:

As always... Good luck to everyone with this today. ⛈️:oldgood:

37BC984E-B89F-4DD9-B15F-C3C7F23A9AD3.png

E17C1F88-BBC9-45B3-ACA5-02FEBF44C145.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lighting and sunshine
5 minutes ago, ancientsolar said:

I think they've under-cooked the risk a little  ~ wishful thinking may'be.. ~ or the fact there's already been a thunderstorm so early on hehe

I think they've just copied the UK risk from Convective Weather by the looks of it.  The fact this country got a mention means lightning for sure.

And if any Estofexians are reading I'm not being entirely serious

Posted

I actually met a few of the guys who run Estofex in 2018 while chasing in the USA - Really nice guys 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Convective, Snow

So yesterday I got a few seconds timelapse of some convection and I have to say it looks rather cool.

I'm hoping to get a tri pod to actually hold my phone to get more like this in the future!

Video was taken up on Clent Hills using a Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
11 hours ago, staplehurst said:

It's not very often in the UK can you brush one day under the carpet and look forward to the next one, let alone next two or three! Fingers crossed tomorrow is more fruitful, and failing that, as you say, activity looks more widespread on Tuesday and Wednesday 

It's just what we need after what has been a poor spring for storms (although excellent for sunshine of course). It is a rare thing in the UK though. Normally I would be gutted about a day like yesterday. Reminds me of June 2016 which seemed to have daily storms brewing up for what seemed like most of the month.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wake me up when the storms arrive

Clear blue skies and strong sun here in Death Valley Reigate (though it has rained recently, so the Council renamed it ICU Valley).  I see some minor developments in northern France but doubt they will make it much further than Le Havre web cam before stopping off for croissants and coffee.

It is so dry up above here even condensing moisture has given up.  It looks like folks in the NW and Wales may have a good day. Enjoy!  Look forward to seeing how you get on.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Still cloudy/misty here but it remained cloudy here until just after midday yesterday and the storms still developed. Looks like I am well placed under a convergence zone today. Currently 13c with a dew point of 13c.

Edited by Supacell

Posted

Some nice TCU and clouds at least focused on the North Downs across the Estuary which may spark a small shower early this afternoon which might drift towards the London area other than that its clear blue skies and low humidity does not feel thundery at all - Hoping we can get some Humidity as we roll into July and August and get those High 20's days and Low 30's as thats what we need down here.

NW England and Wales look primed again

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards
Just now, Paul Sherman said:

Some nice TCU and clouds at least focused on the North Downs across the Estuary which may spark a small shower early this afternoon which might drift towards the London area other than that its clear blue skies and low humidity does not feel thundery at all - Hoping we can get some Humidity as we roll into July and August and get those High 20's days and Low 30's as thats what we need down here.

NW England and Wales look primed again

might hav eto venture out again later! just waiting for a delivery!

Posted
4 minutes ago, ItIsGee said:

might hav eto venture out again later! just waiting for a delivery!

Are you having a rising air parcel delivered? Lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

May head out for a storm chase today. Probably head into the midlands again. Expecting maybe a few storms like yesterday to breed up to the S/SW of me and head NW into the East Midlands. I’ll be onto them if they do! 

Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards
2 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Are you having a rising air parcel delivered? Lol

YES!!!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

View NW towards Stalybridge and N towards Oldham. The pot is getting to the boil.

20200615_110726.jpg

20200615_110758.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Living in Birmingham these past couple days has been a blessing! No more than a 30min drive needed to chase any storms around.

Who's chasing today / where are you off too? Unfortunately don't have a car today to do the same myself

Already looking good around here though, couple hours ago it was bright blue sky, now its very cloudy with a lot of convection going on!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms
2 hours ago, Harry said:

Whilst models have generally backed away from much of any rain here in the SE, the weather app by contrast has gone the other way - from 30-40% chance indicated yesterday, to 80-90% around 2pm today! Suffice to say there is literally not one cloud in the sky here at the moment. 

I am not too concerned, the outlook this June looks fairly good.   I suspect July when the heat ramps up in Europe and heads this way we'll be in with a shout of a classic 1990s style MCS/MCC.  Bigger than this 

800x500.jpg
WWW.STRATUSDECK.CO.UK

MO_Master_W.jpg
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Met Office 5 day weather forecast map for UK including weather warnings, temperature, rain, wind speed, cloud, and pressure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

I don’t think anything will happen today here, I’m in the sea-breeze zone. WRF is not interested in anything either. Also generally you can pretty much say that when a Met warning is in place nothing will happen,as demonstrated on Saturday when all hell broke loose just after the warning expired.

oh well, got tomorrow and Wednesday.

Posted
16 minutes ago, Supacell said:

Still cloudy/misty here but it remained cloudy here until just after midday yesterday and the storms still developed. Looks like I am well placed under a convergence zone today. Currently 13c with a dew point of 13c.

Yep, sun is trying to make an appearance here now, patches of blue sky too. Are you staying local today? 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

I don’t think anything will happen today here, I’m in the sea-breeze zone. WRF is not interested in anything either. Also generally you can pretty much say that when a Met warning is in place nothing will happen,as demonstrated on Saturday when all hell broke loose just after the warning expired.

oh well, got tomorrow and Wednesday.

Please tell me your kidding right ?? The Met Office although not my number 1 fan did put the warning in the correct place just their timing were out due to the Cap holding longer than planned. You are in the perfect position for today and your dewpoints promote thunderstorms, and tomorrow and wednesday as well.

Update on the MCS for the SE which maybe would have been our saviour is rapidly going downhill with it staying the other side of the channel and hardly any models going for this now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hail, tornado, cloud
14 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

May head out for a storm chase today. Probably head into the midlands again. Expecting maybe a few storms like yesterday to breed up to the S/SW of me and head NW into the East Midlands. I’ll be onto them if they do! 

I’m out today heading up from Plymouth, Devon again. Looking maybe hit in between Leicester and Coventry and track NW but then I’m wondering to stay West of midlands just incase and intercept if anything fires up into wales and north wales though having the chance to push east if storms fire up East of Midlands. 

Heads frazzled as to target what you thinking? 

Posted
2 minutes ago, whitty-southwest-uk said:

I’m out today heading up from Plymouth, Devon again. Looking maybe hit in between Leicester and Coventry and track NW but then I’m wondering to stay West of midlands just incase and intercept if anything fires up into wales and north wales though having the chance to push east if storms fire up East of Midlands. 

Heads frazzled as to target what you thinking? 

Feel free to come setup camp oustide mine!