Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 1st June 2020onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Lightning, Tornado, Hurricane, Heatwave

Feels decent in Macclesfield, definitely a stickyness in the air and bubbling Cumulus. I've hung my washing out this morning for the first time in weeks, a sure sign of a deluge!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

Lol yh

Its certainly been an eye opener this year - Am used to 84/75 for most of May and June so guess I am out of practise lol

You tempted to scoot across to the West Midlands today ? Am pretty certain Supacell will be out chasing today

I’m certainly considering it. I’ll see if anything fires up! Been going through the model runs like mad this morning, assessing where to be best placed, while radar watching and also giving a side eye on cams that are in line with that storm in Germany! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hail, tornado, cloud
4 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Lol yh

Its certainly been an eye opener this year - Am used to 84/75 for most of May and June so guess I am out of practise lol

You tempted to scoot across to the West Midlands today ? Am pretty certain Supacell will be out chasing today

Is it worth travelling up from the SW? Not like i got anything else to do but i guess its justifying the trip up and potentially seeing not one bang or flash haha

Posted

Cone of Silence looks decent with eEly developments in the SE Corner - Bah

You can just make out the start of the CZ forming

IMG_20200613_113159.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, Liam Ellis said:

Incredibly warm and humid here in north Snowdonia. Clouds bubbling up to the south. 

096D43C3-4156-4E53-9005-876D1F772EF2.jpeg

4A83DECE-A859-43AF-9014-CE0620A47E1F.jpeg

that will be orographic forcing causing that due to the hills etc, but i'm just annoyed I cant go chasing due to mr drakeford!, as free all day today.

Edited by viking_smb
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
8 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Lol yh

Not out as yet, but I will be . Trying to decide between heading northwest in the next hour or waiting a bit and then heading south/southwest for this evening's possibillities. Yesterday it seemed almost certain that NW would be best, but now have concerns that warm nose of air above will scupper things and I would best to wait for later. Having said that the sun is out here now and clouds are going up.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells, snow, thunder snow, tornadoes
9 minutes ago, whitty-southwest-uk said:

Is it worth travelling up from the SW? Not like i got anything else to do but i guess its justifying the trip up and potentially seeing not one bang or flash haha

Oh, hi just down the road in camelford near Bodmin Moor and roughtor

Edited by Charlie Harnett
Spelling

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms
9 minutes ago, whitty-southwest-uk said:

Nooo, I've decided against travelling today after considering it yesterday. Risk is too low imo.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Supacell said:

Not out as yet, but I will be . Trying to decide between heading northwest in the next hour or waiting a bit and then heading south/southwest for this evening's possibillities. Yesterday it seemed almost certain that NW would be best, but now have concerns that warm nose of air above will scupper things and I would best to wait for later. Having said that the sun is out here now and clouds are going up.

Rekon its best to stay SW then as im Devon and was thinking of hitting Gloucester area and going from there? I'm in so many minds as to what to do. ahhhh need second opinions!! 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Charlie Harnett said:

Oh, hi just down the in camelfird near Bodmin Moor and roughtor

Hey Hey literally just down the road, I'm Plymouth!!

Posted

arome 06z looks decent and more similar to the 00z to me, would prefer it to be abit more southish like the earlier run but i might see some flashes atleast if its accurate.

xx_model-en-330-0_modfrahd_2020061306_14_4855_13.png

Edited by PurpleLED
  • Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

Nooo, I've decided against travelling today after considering it yesterday. Risk is too low imo.

Cheers Ben. 

Posted

I’m going to pop over to kingsclere downs later this afternoon with the dog. Good views to the north and Oxfordshire.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
7 minutes ago, Supacell said:

I am just sitting tight to see what pops up,Wood head pass has a great view and it's only a 20 min drive

yours thoughs?

Posted

No storms in leicester unfortunately today!!but could see distant flashes this evening from the storms that get into the south west mids as forecasted from ukv and arome!

Posted
24 minutes ago, mikeofmacc said:

Feels decent in Macclesfield, definitely a stickyness in the air and bubbling Cumulus. I've hung my washing out this morning for the first time in weeks, a sure sign of a deluge!

Tried that yesterday.  Didn't work

Posted
10 minutes ago, Ian Price said:

Clouds bubbling up here in NW Wales!

15920447532358766723035234465581.jpg

I've noticed Anglesey isn't included in the yellow warning. Any idea why this could be?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Allseasons-si said:

I am just sitting tight to see what pops up,Wood head pass has a great view and it's only a 20 min drive

yours thoughs?

I am awaiting the 06z runs of the high resolution models and will base my decisions on that.

Option 1: Within the next hour head north-west towards Congleton/Macclesfield with access to the M6 in order to get northwest or south if need be. This would be on the hope of storms breaking out to the west of the Peak District. You would be well placed at Woodhead Pass to drop west, but storms are very dependent on orographic forcing and sunshine to get going at all and when they do form they could form to the northwest of us and be moving away

Option 2: Head south-west towards somewhere to the south/south-west of Birmingham later this afternoon. Possibly placing myself near to the Welsh border. It's just a pity I can't cross it as storms look more likely across the other side of the border. This is risky as some models don't bring anything down here. Added bonus is that here it will likely be that developments happen some way south so there will be a bit of time to get into position.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells, snow, thunder snow, tornadoes
25 minutes ago, whitty-southwest-uk said:

Any chance of anything where I am? 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Supacell said:

I am awaiting the 06z runs of the high resolution models and will base my decisions on that.

Option 1: Within the next hour head north-west towards Congleton/Macclesfield with access to the M6 in order to get northwest or south if need be. This would be on the hope of storms breaking out to the west of the Peak District. You would be well placed at Woodhead Pass to drop west, but storms are very dependent on orographic forcing and sunshine to get going at all and when they do form they could form to the northwest of us and be moving away

Option 2: Head south-west towards somewhere to the south/south-west of Birmingham later this afternoon. Possibly placing myself near to the Welsh border. It's just a pity I can't cross it as storms look more likely across the other side of the border. This is risky as some models don't bring anything down here. Added bonus is that here it will likely be that developments happen some way south so there will be a bit of time to get into position.

I like the sound of option 2 and i'm thinking myself to hit Gloucester a little later and see what starts to initiate in hope it starts around south maybe London and then have a bit more of an idea to push on North.  

Posted
2 minutes ago, Supacell said:

with the welsh border how do you think we feel mate lol, I cant go chasing due to mr drakeford  but im not sure how storms will go today 

Posted
1 minute ago, Charlie Harnett said:

Any chance of anything where I am? 

Think its touch and go anywhere but i think we will mostly get showers down here with the odd flash maybe. 

• Like 1