Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 1st June 2020onwards

Posted
17 minutes ago, Xanderp009 said:

Woodchurch, Kent

Yeah looks very stormy for you im not far from you and looks like the weather could get humid by next week 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, strong winds

Latest run of ECM (on windy.com) still going for widespread thunderstorms by the end of next week  Good plume setup that would be if the low pressure sits in the bay of Biscay

B10F11A6-E619-4EA2-8A85-051C83279CB5.jpeg

Edited by Oliver Wyndham-lewis
  • Like 3

Posted

Thundery potential across Eastern and South Eastern England by tomorrow afternoon/evening too 

31F73C76-19AE-4105-8BD2-D708B17A84F0.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted

All looking very interesting folks, let’s hope we don’t have to use the ‘b’ word once again once we arrive on the day 

• Like 1

Posted

GFS also showing a low pressure developing in the bay of biscay however it moves it through much quicker.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Dan has issued a SLGT today for parts of East Anglia, Lincolnshire and Yorkshire.

I imagine he will issue one for CS England tomorrow too.

Edited by Zak M

Posted

Just had hail here in Macc. I'm sure I just heard thunder too.  Lights flickered a few moments ago but l put it down to gusts of wind.

• Like 3

Posted

Storms are coming straight from the NW, right through the Cheshire Gap, and it's suddenly gone ridiculously dark *excited*

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow
1 hour ago, Xanderp009 said:

interesting forecast here for me

2020-06-05-09-25-47.png

I wish we could accurately predict thunderstorms 9 days away. In reality, bugger all is going to happen & it's going to be dry. I'd bet on that.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots
8 minutes ago, Jamiee said:

I wish we could accurately predict thunderstorms 9 days away. In reality, bugger all is going to happen & it's going to be dry. I'd bet on that.

Me too. Never trust a 6+ days out 'plume' on a model. It only ever lets you down.

Edited by Lance M
  • Like 2

Posted

That cleared almost as quickly as it came.  Revealing some nice convective cloud in the Buxton direction, visible between house and tree. 

IMG_20200605_111811.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

I'm surrounded by some Amazing looking Clouds here in Stoke (apologies for the quality of the images, I only have a crappy old phone camera and the contrast of how dark it is to the brightness of the clouds is killing it )

West

IMG_20200605_111723697_HDR.thumb.jpg.08ef170b88d96d22c6c994a0f0afe308.jpg

South West

IMG_20200605_111807816_HDR.thumb.jpg.b9598b98d873597aead0bcaf02effdf0.jpg

West North West 

IMG_20200605_112047.thumb.jpg.febf8ec8fbf33d42229da00039936cac.jpg

Can't see the angle of Direction they are coming from as the house is in the same orientation ><

Edited by Ryukai
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Good luck all! Glad to see some potential both today and more so into next week. Let’s hope the models are on to something, but would again caution they’ve been a bit all over the place of late.

My phone app (the oracle) indicating 26C and thunderstorm symbol for next Sunday

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

ok it seems like something which can hardly be seen is happening next Sunday but too far away but could be a big storm could be a potential plume and it arrives midday but still wondering how it lasts into the night this is the uk it'll probably break up over the channel or the wind diection change and it'lll miss us like october last year, an orange thunderstorm alert and turned and missed us

Edited by Xanderp009

Posted
6 minutes ago, Xanderp009 said:

ok it seems like something which can hardly be seen is happening next Sunday but too far away but could be a big storm could be a potential plume and it arrives midday but still wondering how it lasts into the night this is the uk it'll probably break up over the channel or the wind diection change and it'lll miss us like october last year, an orange thunderstorm alert and turned and missed us

Seriously, you are going to suffer a life of disappointment if you get this excited 10 days out. I would suggest you read the thread at the top of this forum on storm types and then you will understand a lot more about how they form and how they differ.

Edited by chapmanslade
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

this week was meant to be the start up week for storms, hope Saturday is good that way it might just be plausable for next week

Posted
12 minutes ago, Xanderp009 said:

this week was meant to be the start up week for storms, hope Saturday is good that way it might just be plausable for next week

Well considering the UK is currently peppered with small storms (some of which have shown hail cores for a short time on the radar) and we've already had a few bolts of lightning and it's not even midday yet, I'd say we are off to a good start

(Just because it's not happening along the South Coast/South East yet doesn't mean it's not happening I know what you 'southerners' are like ;) )

Edited by Ryukai
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
13 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

Well considering the UK is currently peppered with small storms (some of which have shown hail cores for a short time on the radar) and we've already had a few bolts of lightning and it's not even midday yet, I'd say we are off to a good start

(Just because it's not happening along the South Coast/South East yet doesn't mean it's not happening I know what you 'southerners' are like ;) )

It does look quite good considering today’s limited scope for potential - but I think if people can resist using the B, R, S or H or I words until we actually get some lightning in the south that would be great

Edited by Flash bang flash bang etc
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Nothing happening here, it’s not even raining. So there can’t be anything happening anywhere. :oldp:

Edited by matt111
  • Like 2

Posted

had rumbles of thunder here in north Worcestershire 15 mins ago... no detection on radar though....just as next door have put up a bouncy castle for their kids birthday!!

1591356266839628170264.jpg

Edited by It's a Philcast
  • Like 2