Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2020 Onward

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You'll like this one.... Some kids were camping over in the Downton meadows last night. Packing up in the rain this morning, we watched them bag their rubbish up, then chuck it in the trees. I shouted

My poor attempt at taking photos of lightning with the phone! 

Just missed out in frome again , but took a short a short stroll  to a good vantage point and caught  funnel cloud 

Posted Images

Wet is an understatement here.. Wettest day of the year, and very close to being the wettest day recorded on this station. Currently at 33mm.

18.2mm of rain here so far.
A few heavy spells mid morning, but now just light rain on and off.
Nicely, it stopped raining when my Asda grocery delivery arrived 🙂

Not looking forward to the 38-44mph winds forecast midday Friday.
My Runner beans and other veg in pots are going to struggle to suffer that.

Very light drizzle only here now, after 31.8mm measured in the manual gauge since midnight. My highest daily total since 15/12/18 (32.4) but that could be exceeded of course, by the end of the day.

Sadly the VP2 shows 38mm, which is a 19.4% over-read. I have some calibration to do.

A very wet day here also Today, had really quite heavy bursts on and off throughout the Morning and Early part of the Afternoon. The rain has eased now though, but still getting odd patchy drizzle or light rain on and off still. A rather windy day Today as well. 

Temperature 19.2'c

Rainfall 17.1mm 

22mm from the system so far.  Much of the afternoon and early evening have been drizzly but not contributing much to the total.  Endless grey and gloom, only consolations.....it's warm and we are promised a sunny day tomorrow.

Pretty rubbish day in Kingsbridge. Decidedly autumnal at times!

Wind is actually gusting quite strongly tonight, we aren't expected to see the worst of Storm Ellen by any means, but certainly a big change from recent times.