Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It's still creeping up here. 31.9°C.

This is why the heat doesn't bother me - after it passes 28°C it feels no different to me.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

33.9°C appeared to be my maximum today. Briefly approached towards 33.7°C in the past hour, but that slight shift in wind direction to the SW keeps bring it back down. Some unusual winds here.

Currently 30.9°C with hazy skies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fascinated by extreme weather. Despise drizzle.

Still edging up here too, I'm impressed! Just need another half a degree for the 90 Fahrenheit benchmark. The sun's still a decent way above the horizon.

Feels incredible out there in the sun, fairly humid with a light NE wind. This having strengthened in the past hour, setting up the overland fetch from a little to the north of London that's now helping lift the temps in southern Hampshire & Dorset.

If it hadn't been for that swathe of high cloud, who knows, it might have reached the 33s °C in these parts!

Tomorrow, ECM's been consistently showing temps a degree higher compared with today. Dew points look to start lower than they did today, so we might see a lower starting point for air temps too but a faster morning climb to compensate (the drier the air, the more readily it responds to surface heating). Provided the sun's shining, of course!

Monday's looking a tad cooler but still capable of reaching the 30s °C in southern Hampshire and perhaps Dorset too.

Tuesday then looks hotter again, perhaps a 'last hurrah' for the heatwave, though the 00z ECM run had Wednesday on par having been slower to drift the heat low northward from France.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Interesting, it got down to 29.3°C at 16:40 before starting to rise again, reached 30.6°C at 17:10, now on 30.2°C

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

31.6°C tops here, still just over 30°C atm.  Variable cirrus and alto cumulus.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

30.9°C the final max here, hopefully higher tomorrow, dependent on cloud. But am I right in believing the trough has cleared north so it'll be less of a cloud maker tomorrow?

• Like 1

Posted

Surprisingly, still hotting up here in the Avon valley, 31.7°C as of 6 pm.  

Hurn (Bournemouth Airport)'s doing even better, a tenth away from the 32s!

Can't say I can ever recall seeing temps approach that benchmark so late in an August day before. Maybe not even on a June or July day! 

@CheesepuffScott I really want to just say yes, everything will be so much clearer tomorrow... but after yesterday's shenanigans I dare not! 

image.png

Edited by Singularity
Cheesy Question
  • Like 2

Posted

Quite possibly another 32°C for here tomorrow. It doesn't sound much, but to have these temps twice in a row here, is exceptional.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Singularity said:

Surprisingly, still hotting up here in the Avon valley, 31.7°C as of 6 pm.  

Hurn (Bournemouth Airport)'s doing even better, a tenth away from the 32s!

Can't say I can ever recall seeing temps approach that benchmark so late in an August day before. Maybe not even on a June or July day! 

@CheesepuffScott I really want to just say yes, everything will be so much clearer tomorrow... but after yesterday's shenanigans I dare not! 

image.png

That makes it the hottest day in Bournemouth since 19/07/2006. Actual max should be 32.something...Certainly the hottest I've even felt it past 6pm here, ever......I see a super sea breeze dumped the temp at Thorney Island from 32C to 23C in two hours.

Posted

Still 29°C here, 2°C higher than this time last night

Posted
40 minutes ago, Alderc said:

That makes it the hottest day in Bournemouth since 19/07/2006. Actual max should be 32.something...Certainly the hottest I've even felt it past 6pm here, ever......

2114853501_Annotation2020-08-08190712.thumb.png.9d79b489e1252c1c7a9f1235f4369479.png

Posted
15 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

2114853501_Annotation2020-08-08190712.thumb.png.9d79b489e1252c1c7a9f1235f4369479.png

Thorney Island is my nearest Met Office station at a little over 2 miles away. I maxed out at 33.9°C. 

To see this site so far up the list during the summer months is truly exceptional. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Very warm this evening, so much so the temperatures rising again and it’s just hit 30°C again after dropping below it for a while. 

Posted

After topping out at 33.2°C at: 17:18, it's a slightly cooler, 30.8°C, hoping that the mention of some cooling tonight might happen, coz if it don't I'm gonna be like a bear in the morning...:aggressive:

Posted

Wow, 32.9*C for Bournemouth Airport (about 10 miles inland of the main city by the way).

I’m about a dozen miles from there.

Some 20 miles northeast of me, Middle Wallop maxed at ‘just’ 30.1*C, so a considerable temp gradient there.

Still in the 30s as I type this. Likely to be similar for another 3-5 days. Didn’t need that holiday in the Mediterranean after all!

• Like 1

Posted

Still running around 2°C higher than it was this time last night, 26.4°C

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted

Very hot today, with a much higher max compared to yesterday of 30.6 °C. Milky skies most of the day with a light breeze. Much too hot for me, but only my second day over 30°C this year, so shouldn't complain too much considering today's climate. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Dropped fairly quickly after my last post but has slowed since and is still 25.3°C. 

Posted

23.1°C