South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2020 Onward

We had big rain drops making it to the surface here, under the brighter echoes.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You'll like this one.... Some kids were camping over in the Downton meadows last night. Packing up in the rain this morning, we watched them bag their rubbish up, then chuck it in the trees. I shouted

My poor attempt at taking photos of lightning with the phone! 

Just missed out in frome again , but took a short a short stroll  to a good vantage point and caught  funnel cloud 

Posted Images

Some blue patches now appearing, however some sharper looking radar echoes  popping up just of the French coast. 

A little surprised to still be over 27*C after three hours of cloud cover. About 15 miles to my Northeast, reports were still in the 30s as of 4 pm. Impressive airmass, would be ‘wasted’ if it wasn’t for tomorrow and Sunday’s prospects.

• Like 1

A few spots of rain reached the ground just now but apart from that nothing has. Brightening up a bit now and the temperatures risen slightly. 24.4°C

Had 5 mins of ‘ploppy’ rain, temp stayed about the same - in the 26s now. Brightening up as I type this, some hazy sun coming through.

Hardly any wind, will be interesting to see if the temp can respond to the sun at all in the next hour or so.

2 minutes ago, Singularity said:

Had 5 mins of ‘ploppy’ rain, temp stayed about the same - in the 26s now. Brightening up as I type this, some hazy sun coming through.

Hardly any wind, will be interesting to see if the temp can respond to the sun at all in the next hour or so.

Temp already risen 1c at Hurn but probably a bit easier for the temp to rise given it got down to 23C, some decent sunny spells in the next couple of hours we could bounce back to 26-28c.

Brighter with the odd glimpse of sunshine now. Feels much more muggy now though - whilst I munch on my sausage, bacon & egg sandwiches. 🥪

• Like 2

Currently 27.6°C here having dropped to 25.2°C a couple of hours ago

Saw the sun again for a few minutes not long ago but now it's clouded over again although still brighter than earlier, No breeze at all though now so the temperature is a bit higher than it was. 25.3°C

Cloud cover here for the last couple of hours, looks like heavy rain upwind, felt a gust front pass but no rain as of yet.

Similar response to the return of the sun here - temp up 2*C in half an hour. Not bad for past 5 pm in August. Dead calm air now - feels very warm again.

Temps back up to 27C at Hurn, An odd day really. Although more showery activity inbound along the line of the trough which is going nowhere, showers all night probably. 

Edited by Alderc