South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2020 Onward

14 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

About time. 20.1°C with a SW’ly breeze.

511659FC-BAD7-454A-B4FD-31D3FC0E7DFB.thumb.jpeg.40866341c922b11287dec05765ed3ac1.jpeg

A62FAE7C-0D9A-4B69-B893-C7A0121773F1.thumb.jpeg.e3e88624167c73796c0c3b1b6313b199.jpeg

Nice. I love it when I'm wrong.

Edit: OH has now announced that it's too warm for gardening and is requesting outdoor cushions.

Edited by jtay
  • Like 1
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You'll like this one.... Some kids were camping over in the Downton meadows last night. Packing up in the rain this morning, we watched them bag their rubbish up, then chuck it in the trees. I shouted

My poor attempt at taking photos of lightning with the phone! 

Just missed out in frome again , but took a short a short stroll  to a good vantage point and caught  funnel cloud 

Posted Images

After a single digit low overnight of 7.6°C at: 06:08, the sun struggled to break through the cloud this afternoon, managing briefly to push the temperature up to 20.6°C at: 15:30 and has now dropped back to 17.8°C , with a fair breeze ramping up around 4pm in from the west for most of the day. A few stragglers in the sea, which has managed to slowly creep up to 18.4°C..

image.png

Edited by Dorsetbred

Sunny spells for a lot of the day although it did turn cloudier for a while earlier in the afternoon. Reached 18.9°C, currently 16.4°C

Last nights minimum was nearly double that of the night before at 16.4C.

Cloudy and grey this morning but breezy and humid feeling.

Pretty vile morning in Trowbridge with high humidity, light rain and drizzle, a few sunny spells.

Has this summer been more breezy than usual? I'm sure we have had many more days of wind than usual in my area but perhaps it's just my imagination.

22 minutes ago, snowdog said:

Has this summer been more breezy than usual? I'm sure we have had many more days of wind than usual in my area but perhaps it's just my imagination.

It’s often breezier here than inland areas but I’ve noticed there’s been more days this summer where the breeze has been much stronger than you’d typically expect at this time of year. 

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, snowdog said:

I've noticed more breezier days this summer than last or 2018, for sure.

Got up to 22.4°C here before it turned cloudy again, currently 19.5°C

• Like 1

Raining heavily after some sunny spells. First proper rain for 9 days. Rather hoping this front dies a death by the morning.

Well a few drops and it was gone, not even enough to wet the ground, and it's already past us, so little hope of rain this side of the weekend, it looks..