South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2020 Onward

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You'll like this one.... Some kids were camping over in the Downton meadows last night. Packing up in the rain this morning, we watched them bag their rubbish up, then chuck it in the trees. I shouted

My poor attempt at taking photos of lightning with the phone! 

Just missed out in frome again , but took a short a short stroll  to a good vantage point and caught  funnel cloud 

Posted Images

Quite a strange contrast in weather today. From blue skies and 29.1°C to completely overcast, windy and 18.9°C.

After the very warm morning where it reached 28.6°C this afternoon was cooler and cloudier with temperatures around 20°C. Currently 19.0°C

8 hours ago, Mapantz said:

I have just looked at some of my statistics.. whenever there's a chance of an absolute maximum, it get's scuppered by cloud in the afternoon. Down to 22°C and grey skies. High bases on the clouds, so no rain at the surface.

Any chances I had were scuppered in the morning, 28.9 max at 11 am!

Mostly sunny and much fresher but 20C nonetheless.

Typical... I have another completely free Wednesday to go down to the south coast and, yet again, it looks like another cloudy/damp one. 

Clear blue skies to my south and overhead, heavy convective clouds to my north up to about 60 degrees angle from  the surface, high clouds moving in from the west, and a mere 23 ° C with a pleasant breeze. @lettice you are having one of those fabulous cloudless coastal days by the look of it.

Edited by DaveL

Stayed at 25c from 2.30pm till 3:30pm and is dropping now.
Was nice treat too in the garden as well as 25c, o watch the NHS UK Spitfire fly low over our house coming from QA towards the IOW.
Still lovely bright sunshine but down to 22.5c now. 

1 hour ago, DaveL said:

Clear blue skies to my south and overhead, heavy convective clouds to my north up to about 60 degrees angle from  the surface, high clouds moving in from the west, and a mere 23 ° C with a pleasant breeze. @lettice you are having one of those fabulous cloudless coastal days by the look of it.

Yes, been lovely here.
Did hear from some in Locks Heath that they had a brief rain shower mid morning.

Edited by lettice

Reached 22.4°C here... not been too bad with bright / sunny spells. There was a spot of rain whilst I was heading up the A338 to Salisbury around lunchtime. Think it stayed dry at home, we did have that shower just after midnight.

Edited by CheesepuffScott
31 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Reached 22.4°C here... not been too bad with bright / sunny spells. There was a spot of rain whilst I was heading up the A338 to Salisbury around lunchtime. Think it stayed dry at home, we did have that shower just after midnight.

Give it 5 mins, we'll be in the Sunshine.

Spotted the NHS Spitfire from a distance earlier, as it flew over Alderbury.

IMG-20200801-WA0003.thumb.jpg.ba744c576f7073a30357cd726d2528e4.jpg

10 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Perfect.

B316DE25-F0A9-42B6-8BC6-6E1554BADD75.thumb.jpeg.37df130f377403cfd45a54c0e31fd61b.jpeg

Yep. Not a cloud in the sky now.

Listening to the Cup Final, bit of breeze. Great stuff.

• Like 1

Sunny for a lot of the day although it did turn cloudier for a time this afternoon. Reached 21.1°C, currently 16.4°C

Edited by matt111

Max of 23.6°C with plenty of sunshine. It was warmer than I thought it was going to be.

It has been a great detox mixing up several tons of concrete in this weather, and it has set well too.