South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2020 Onward

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You'll like this one.... Some kids were camping over in the Downton meadows last night. Packing up in the rain this morning, we watched them bag their rubbish up, then chuck it in the trees. I shouted

My poor attempt at taking photos of lightning with the phone! 

Just missed out in frome again , but took a short a short stroll  to a good vantage point and caught  funnel cloud 

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, jtay said:

You'll like this one.... Some kids were camping over in the Downton meadows last night. Packing up in the rain this morning, we watched them bag their rubbish up, then chuck it in the trees. I shouted at them from 70 yards and sent them back to collect it. There is only one way off the island and I was standing on it, so they skulked back to fish it out. Too funny.

I was surprised and delighted when I heard ‘bagged their rubbish up’ and then I read the rest... well thank you for doing something, all I’ve heard is nothing but trouble in regards to litter (beer bottles, crisp wrappers, etc) down that way. Amazing!

4 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

I was surprised and delighted when I heard ‘bagged their rubbish up’ and then I read the rest... well thank you for doing something, all I’ve heard is nothing but trouble in regards to litter (beer bottles, crisp wrappers, etc) down that way. Amazing!

Our friend found a rubber ring in her garden last week. We're finding icecream boxes and wrappers most mornings on the Avon Valley Path back to Charlton.

It's odd, as we're walking down there at 6pm, so it must be after that. Must be the same kids buying them from the Co-op every evening.

At least this cr*p weather is keeping them in playing xbox, or whatever it is they do. Thur/Fri this week will be problematic, no doubt.

• Like 1

Cloudy and damp this morning and early this afternoon before a brighter end to the day. Reached 19.2­°C, currently 16.7°C

Morning All, a double digit night, with the low of 11.1°C at: 03:39, currently 15.7°C 

A few boarders with an empty beach and partly cloudy skies..

image.thumb.png.a406e76ab3bab3fed94a304f7fcd0929.png

A typical pm sort of day so far. Beautiful sunshine until 10.30, and a sudden build up of needless cloud since then.

Sunny spells for most of the day with clearer skies later this afternoon. Reached 21.0°C, currently 16.0°C

We had family over for my boys birthday. All the women were moaning it was cold! All I cared about was a dry day!!!! 

• Like 1

Feels a lot warmer than it is.. currently 19.6°C 

Here's my work for today:

20200729_124006.thumb.jpg.b2e0236429cbc9f8a3355bdca9e0f2fc.jpg

15 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Feels a lot warmer than it is.. currently 19.6°C 

Here's my work for today:

20200729_124006.thumb.jpg.b2e0236429cbc9f8a3355bdca9e0f2fc.jpg

Seems a lot of sand to concrete in your Davis weather station upright post...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dorsetbred said:

Seems a lot of sand to concrete in your Davis weather station upright post...

lol! 😆

Need to make sure that the rain gauge is level!

• Like 2

Sunny start this morning... clouded over thereafter but still plenty of bright spells. The cloud broke up this afternoon to leave mostly sunny skies, with patchy high cloud. It reached 22.2°C