Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2020 Onward

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Morning, the low was 10.3°C at: 05:26... a clear blue start with the temperature up to 16.0°C

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 2.7k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You'll like this one.... Some kids were camping over in the Downton meadows last night. Packing up in the rain this morning, we watched them bag their rubbish up, then chuck it in the trees. I shouted

My poor attempt at taking photos of lightning with the phone! 

Just missed out in frome again , but took a short a short stroll  to a good vantage point and caught  funnel cloud 

Posted Images

Posted

A fine sunny start after an overnight low of 9.3°C at: 05:30, currently 17.3°C, very light breeze, in from the SW, with clear skies as shown below

image.thumb.png.5a23b0d1931a81e6e8f843f5f577bc1a.png

Some early bathers testing the water...

image.thumb.png.7b531c5ad74fa54117687f7a2f6b0449.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Sunny with blue skies. Feeling fairly warm although the breeze is keeping the temperature down again. 19.3°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Warm and sunny with a little high cloud. 23.5°C

Posted

A crackin day to be had, light breeze and a maximum of 23.8°C at: 14:55, not to be moaned at..the beach seems busier tonight

image.thumb.png.fac681dfb2d526374a09d9d0ad0363a6.png

Posted

A high of 24.4°C, another good day. Shame the cloud returns tomorrow but hopefully we will see a few sunny intervals..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Sunny all day but not as warm as inland with the sea breeze. Reached 19.7°C, currently 16.6°C

Posted

Morning all, we're off to a mostly sunny start with a gentle breeze. The overnight low was: 11.3°C... it's currently 16.8°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Finally got to see the Comet through thin cloud so it was very feint, went out again 15 minutes later and the cloud had rolled in.

A bright start here today but now clouding over.

Edited by Rich_Clements
    I cant spell :-)
    Posted

A bright start here today but now clouding over.to paraphrase...overnight low back up in to double figures 10.6°C at: 05:27, currently 19.6°C..very little breeze as the beach view shows this morning. I wonder how long this family will stay as the cloud encroaches more?

image.thumb.png.cafd9f4685da05fd20bd55153ad65a66.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Gales, T-storms, Heavy Rain, Heat, Cold - Love it all.

Plenty of sunshine here. 21.4°C

Posted

Still sunny here with the odd patch of high cloud. Breeze picking up a little. 22.7°C

Posted
    8 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Still sunny here with the odd patch of high cloud. Breeze picking up a little. 22.7°C

Yep, we're getting away with it. Lovely morning. Had a rain alert pop up my phone for 09:57hrs. Not sure what that was about.

I can see the cloud out to the West now; but so far, so good.

Posted
    12 minutes ago, jtay said:

Yep, we're getting away with it. Lovely morning. Had a rain alert pop up my phone for 09:57hrs. Not sure what that was about.

I can see the cloud out to the West now; but so far, so good.

I would guess that it’s probably ant activity interfering with the radar (again) although I’ve only seen one over the past week. But yes much better than I expected this morning.

Also, popped up on my memories. One year ago since that cracking thunderstorm. I can remember constant flashes / rumbles to the south for about an hour straight, before finishing off with a torrential downpour and gusty winds overhead. I hope that we can see one more before summer is out (yeah right...)

94ECB806-EA23-4695-B697-BB75088648B9.thumb.png.2e957456a6c7c3aca48b16640cdc19e7.png8B10D3BA-EE22-4C2A-8CB6-7D964939B8F5.thumb.png.c7fd9bb6bee00593a8029955eca86f8a.png

• Like 1
    Posted

Sunny so far although a bit more cloud in the sky now and becoming increasingly breezy. 20.3°C

Posted
    1 hour ago, CheesepuffScott said:

I would guess that it’s probably ant activity interfering with the radar (again) although I’ve only seen one over the past week. But yes much better than I expected this morning.

Also, popped up on my memories. One year ago since that cracking thunderstorm. I can remember constant flashes / rumbles to the south for about an hour straight, before finishing off with a torrential downpour and gusty winds overhead. I hope that we can see one more before summer is out (yeah right...)

94ECB806-EA23-4695-B697-BB75088648B9.thumb.png.2e957456a6c7c3aca48b16640cdc19e7.png8B10D3BA-EE22-4C2A-8CB6-7D964939B8F5.thumb.png.c7fd9bb6bee00593a8029955eca86f8a.png

Yes a year ago I was on the clifftop in the evening watching it arrive. Still haven’t seen anything at all since then. 

Edited by matt111
    • Like 1
    Posted
    16 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Yes a year ago I was on the clifftop in the evening watching it arrive. Still haven’t seen anything at an since then. 

Yep, great evening. Got soaked.

67548551_10156148379765059_4281572246486515712_o.thumb.jpg.21c021f394bbc31d8bb4bb583f116ec4.jpg

• Like 2
    Posted

Clouded over now but still bright with hazy sunshine. 24.2°C down from 24.8°C at: 13:02

Posted

Sunny start but clouded over around lunchtime with the occasional light shower. Reached 20.4°C, currently 17.0°C

Posted

Overcast. 16.5°C

Posted

Morning All, an overcast morning for starters, with the overnight low 14.8°C at: 03:31, currently 16.6°C RH90 % and 0.2mm of RAIN..woohooo, some rain at last..the beach this morning shows one guys with a lot of birds....no sorry gulls:whistling:

Believe it or not, this guy was on the phone to somebody, posing for the sea view!

Anyway the shot clearly shows the low cloud cover in the area..

image.thumb.png.b714004e119becef6b64f345322771c7.png

Edited by Dorsetbred
    Posted

A sunny start first thing this morning but quickly turned overcast. It has felt muggy with periods of drizzle / light rain. 20.0°C RH 81%

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Gales, T-storms, Heavy Rain, Heat, Cold - Love it all.

The sun's out here. Seriously humid though. Temp 21.5°C.

Posted

In Southampton at the moment where it’s cloudy and humid.

19.0°C back at home.