South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2020 Onward

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You'll like this one.... Some kids were camping over in the Downton meadows last night. Packing up in the rain this morning, we watched them bag their rubbish up, then chuck it in the trees. I shouted

My poor attempt at taking photos of lightning with the phone! 

Just missed out in frome again , but took a short a short stroll  to a good vantage point and caught  funnel cloud 

Posted Images

Last 24 hours (to 09.00 GMT) total of 38.8mm which is the highest 24 hour June total in my record (2000).   That makes June total thus far 70.9mm which is already above the June average of 58.4mm.  Stopped raining around 24 hours after it started, currently grey with a hint of brightness.

Rain has finally stopped. Still very cloudy but breeze is up slightly from the SW so hopefully clearing up this afternoon enough to do some outdoor exercise.

52mm from that event, 85mm from 21.00 Tuesday to 09.00 today!

Sun is gradually appearing.

Actually had some rain overnight, only 2.6mm but still more than the rest of the week. Dry and mostly cloudy at the moment. 15.8°C

After a brighter spell this morning, rain lashing down again and again its very gloomy. Temp back to 15.1C...brrr

20 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Piddling down here!

Despite the forecast looks like it could be disappointingly wet and gloomy this afternoon, it really feels cold for mid June, I'm down to 14.7C now....

3 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Despite the forecast looks like it could be disappointingly wet and gloomy this afternoon, it really feels cold for mid June, I'm down to 14.7C now....

The forecast was the wrong way around for here, dismal first half and sunny second half.

Still, didn't get much rain at all yesterday, so a little today is welcome. My lawn is looking the best it has done for years! It should be ready for a cut this time next week.

Just gone really dark here had to put kitchen light on. Big difference from earlier with sunshine .

Cloudy this afternoon with light rain on and off but its been sunny for most of the evening so far with increasingly clear skies. 15.9°C

Edited by matt111

It's been a nice evening. It was cloudy and breezy for our walk after work, then nice enough to sit out in the Sun for tea, listening to the mighty Saints demolish Norwich.

I've come in for the United game, but the OH is still outside.

Didn't realise there was rain around, but it was some way away, over Salisbury Plain.

IMG_20200619_200835734_HDR.thumb.jpg.77922490d8d5a5b311417d7ad0fb4b19.jpg

Dry and cloudy for most of the day with light rain at times this afternoon. Reached 17.1°C, currently 14.4°C

9 hours ago, chapmanslade said:

105mm this week so far

WOWWWW!  how much more today too, very localised but i suspect you being right next door at Chapmanslade that you have had the numerous downpours that we have had over here in Frome today too.

How many more MM added to the total from todays rain!! 

Did you have a load too Andy today.

23 minutes ago, offerman said:

Did you have a load too Andy today.

Not really. After I emptied my gauge this morning we’ve only had the edge of those heavy showers except for one earlier this evening.

Cleared up into a nice late afternoon and evening when today’s maximum of 16.6C was reached. Breezy too but now completely calm.